Random Postings

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,641
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Jake C said:
Sadly, it seems that our practical joke flew over most of our population's head. Unlike the Aussies, who apparently export all of their trash "beer" (read: Foster's), there are legions of Americans who actually drink Bud Light (why is beyond me).
There is one Australian beer which is worse than Fosters: Victoria Bitter. Vile Brew.
 
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
3,397
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
41
Alveus Lacuna said:
Jake C said:
Sadly, it seems that our practical joke flew over most of our population's head. Unlike the Aussies, who apparently export all of their trash "beer" (read: Foster's), there are legions of Americans who actually drink Bud Light (why is beyond me).
My brother-in-law went to a pub in rural Ireland, and he said that almost everyone was drinking Budweiser.
This is sad but true. The three beers I saw in Ireland everywhere we went were Guinness, Budweiser, and Copenhagen. Occasionally I would see Schmitack's.
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
48
Location
Portland, Oregon
David Tennant--yes, he of Doctor Who fame--asked me to be his Facebook friend.  How in the world does he know me?  ???
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,641
Reaction score
0
Points
0
PeterTheAleut said:
David Tennant--yes, he of Doctor Who fame--asked me to be his Facebook friend.  How in the world does he know me?  ???
He doesn't. It's probably a front for a Nigerian bank scam.  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
 

Alveus Lacuna

Taxiarches
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
7,416
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Missouri, USA
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Why am I talking about beer during Lent?!
I believe alcohol is permitted on weekends in the "Eastern" Orthodox Church during Lent, and indeed some interpret the Lenten prohibitions to only apply to cooking with wine, and that to drink is still acceptable.
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
48
Location
Portland, Oregon
LBK said:
PeterTheAleut said:
David Tennant--yes, he of Doctor Who fame--asked me to be his Facebook friend.  How in the world does he know me?  ???
He doesn't. It's probably a front for a Nigerian bank scam.  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Well, if a big, blue British police call box suddenly materializes in front of my house with Mr. Tennant at the controls, I'll know that something's up.

Seriously, it ends up that my brother sent Mr. Tennant a Facebook friend request as kinduva stab in the dark, and, to my brother's shock and amazement, David confirmed the request.  My brother claims that he then sent me a recommendation that I connect with Mr. Tennant, but the friend suggestion from my brother showed up as a friend request from Mr. Tennant himself.  Certainly looks for real.  A whole lotta Doctor Who stuff from the 3-year run that David just finished as the Tenth Doctor.
 

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
10,800
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
52
Location
Jackson, MS
Website
www.facebook.com
Alveus Lacuna said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Why am I talking about beer during Lent?!
I believe alcohol is permitted on weekends in the "Eastern" Orthodox Church during Lent, and indeed some interpret the Lenten prohibitions to only apply to cooking with wine, and that to drink is still acceptable.
Not in our Ethiopian Orthodox Church though. But that's a good thing for me, I promise you!


Selam
 

Jibrail Almuhajir

Taxiarches
Joined
May 15, 2007
Messages
7,220
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
The Ozark Mountains
Alveus Lacuna said:
Jake C said:
Sadly, it seems that our practical joke flew over most of our population's head. Unlike the Aussies, who apparently export all of their trash "beer" (read: Foster's), there are legions of Americans who actually drink Bud Light (why is beyond me).
My brother-in-law went to a pub in rural Ireland, and he said that almost everyone was drinking Budweiser.
Budweiser actually tastes pretty good... after 4 or 5 Guinness's.  :p  But why does it seem like the entire world only imports the worst of America?  Like rap music, Jerry Springer and David Hasselhoff?   ;)
 

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
3,535
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
32
Location
Alberta, Canada
GabrieltheCelt said:
Alveus Lacuna said:
Jake C said:
Sadly, it seems that our practical joke flew over most of our population's head. Unlike the Aussies, who apparently export all of their trash "beer" (read: Foster's), there are legions of Americans who actually drink Bud Light (why is beyond me).
My brother-in-law went to a pub in rural Ireland, and he said that almost everyone was drinking Budweiser.
Budweiser actually tastes pretty good... after 4 or 5 Guinness's.  :p  But why does it seem like the entire world only imports the worst of America?  Like rap music, Jerry Springer and David Hasselhoff?   ;)
It's easy to mass produce cheap crap. Things of better quality, have better quality because extra time and effort was put into it.
 

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
8,785
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Location
Springfield, MO
PeterTheAleut said:
LBK said:
PeterTheAleut said:
David Tennant--yes, he of Doctor Who fame--asked me to be his Facebook friend.  How in the world does he know me?  ???
He doesn't. It's probably a front for a Nigerian bank scam.  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Well, if a big, blue British police call box suddenly materializes in front of my house with Mr. Tennant at the controls, I'll know that something's up.

Seriously, it ends up that my brother sent Mr. Tennant a Facebook friend request as kinduva stab in the dark, and, to my brother's shock and amazement, David confirmed the request.  My brother claims that he then sent me a recommendation that I connect with Mr. Tennant, but the friend suggestion from my brother showed up as a friend request from Mr. Tennant himself.  Certainly looks for real.  A whole lotta Doctor Who stuff from the 3-year run that David just finished as the Tenth Doctor.
Actually, quite a number of celebrities operate Facebook pages as a way of self-promotion. They generally accept all friend requests, because the more friends they have, the more people get to see what their next show is, and the better the viewership/ticket sales are.
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
48
Location
Portland, Oregon
ytterbiumanalyst said:
PeterTheAleut said:
LBK said:
PeterTheAleut said:
David Tennant--yes, he of Doctor Who fame--asked me to be his Facebook friend.  How in the world does he know me?  ???
He doesn't. It's probably a front for a Nigerian bank scam.  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Well, if a big, blue British police call box suddenly materializes in front of my house with Mr. Tennant at the controls, I'll know that something's up.

Seriously, it ends up that my brother sent Mr. Tennant a Facebook friend request as kinduva stab in the dark, and, to my brother's shock and amazement, David confirmed the request.  My brother claims that he then sent me a recommendation that I connect with Mr. Tennant, but the friend suggestion from my brother showed up as a friend request from Mr. Tennant himself.  Certainly looks for real.  A whole lotta Doctor Who stuff from the 3-year run that David just finished as the Tenth Doctor.
Actually, quite a number of celebrities operate Facebook pages as a way of self-promotion. They generally accept all friend requests, because the more friends they have, the more people get to see what their next show is, and the better the viewership/ticket sales are.
I kinda figured it had something to do with that kind of self-promotion.
 

ms.hoorah

High Elder
Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
866
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
111
Location
Seizure's Palace
LBK said:
PeterTheAleut said:
David Tennant--yes, he of Doctor Who fame--asked me to be his Facebook friend.  How in the world does he know me?  ???
He doesn't. It's probably a front for a Nigerian bank scam.  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Or a sinister plan by a Dalek and a Jagrafess to misguide PtA. Be careful!  :laugh:
 

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,379
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
54
Location
Australia
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
:*+*******+*+*####****#*.+#**++*#***+#*##*######@###*###@###**
:+++#*##*######*###*#####+#@@@@@@@@@@@*##**##+###############*
:+*#+##*##########*##*##@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@***######@#####*##+##*
+++*+**#**###*#######@@@@@@@@@@##@@@@@@#@@########@##########*
:*##+*###*#####***##@@@@@@@##@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@+#*##############*
:+#+#*#######**#*#@@@@@@@#@@@@@@@*#######@@@@*######*#+######*
++*+++#####***###@@@@@@#@@@@@@######@@@@@#@@@@#*#*####*#####**
+:#::*###*##*###@@@@@@##@@@@@####@#@@@@@@@#@@@@#*##*#***#*###*
::+:++*########@@@@@*###@@@@####@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@*#*######++:+*
++++#*#*######@@@@@#@##@#@@#####@#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@*##*+*+*:#*+*
+++**+##*####@@@@@##@@@@@@*###@@@@@#@@@@@@@@@@@@@#*#*#+#****+*
++#*#***#####@@@##@@#@@@@######@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#@@@*######*#***
++**##***###@@@@###@@@@@@*####@@##@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@######*###**
.+**##*#*##@@@@####@@@@@#*#####@@@@#@@@@@#@@@@@@@@@##**#*#*##*
:+**###***#@@@###@@@@@@@:+::+@####@@@##@@@@@@@@@#@@+*########*
++#*####*#@@@####@@@###+:..:+##*:#@#@#@@@@@@@@,+#@@######***#*
:***#####@@@###@##@@###*@#:*@#@#++#+@@@@@@@@@@,##@@@######+##+
:+***####@@@###@#####::+@##:*@+#@#@*#**#@@@@#.+#*@@@*#######*+
:+*+##*#@@@####@###:#++@*:mad:@W@@@*.#W@@*#*#@@#@*:+@@@+#####*##+
.+.*####@@@######:#:***+W**++****@#++#@@**#@#@*#@#@@+####***+*
:****##@@@#####+#+*##+W**++++:+++**@:+#@@**+@@#@@@@@#####*#**+
.***##@@@@###+***###@@**+###@@.:.+**@*+*@#@:::mad:@@@@@#*#**#***+
:***##@@@*#+*+*#***@**+********#.:++*@#*#W@@*.@@@@@@###*+*##*+
:*####@@#***+@#*+@****+:::****#+*+::+*@#W#@#@:mad:@@@@@#***+*#**+
:***#@@@#::mad:#*@#++**++::...+*@W+**::++*@:mad:#@@*@@@@@@*#*++:*+*+
:+#*#@@#@#@@**W:***++:::...*#,W@+*@.:++*W:+#@#@@@@@@***++::*#.
:**#@@@##+@###@.+***+:::...*+*@#@**@::+**W:#@#@@@@@@*+*++.::#.
+**@@@@##:*@*:mad:+**++:+::...**#*****@::++*@:*@#@@@@@###*++++*#:
*+@@@@###**#@**+*++++:::.:.:**#****.*++++*W*@#@@@@@###*++++*#.
@@@@###+#*@*@@**+++++:::::::::::+**.*++++*@*@##@@@#####**++*#.
@@@@##++@*@**W**+++++::::::::::++*::*@W*++*@##@@@@#@###*+++*#,
@###.*#@*@#@W+**+++++::::::+:+++**:#***W*+*W@#@@@*####*#++++#.
@@#+:mad:@@W#@@++**+++++:+++::+:+++*:#**#+*@**W##@@@#####*+##:+..
##:+@@@@@@#*:***++++++++::++++**:**+*,@+*#*@@*@@*#####++**#*+.
##*@@@@@@#++:**+++++:+++:++++**:**.+*:W@*@##@#@*****#*+*+*:::.
#++@@@@@**++:**++++++++++:++**:**+:+*****#W@@WWW+++***++:*##:,
:*@@@@**+++::**+++++++::::***.***:::*****@W@@###@W*:**+*,*+:+,
#@@@@**++++:.**+++++::++::*#:*#*:+++****@***#@@#@#@W+*+++++##,
*@@*++++++::.***+++++:#*+:#@*#*:+++**##+*++++@@#***@#:*#****+.
*+++::++++:::*#*+++++*+##:#***:++*##*W@@:++:+*@@##*@W+*##+**:.
:.++::.+++:::+**++++++**##***+++**+:#+#@++++*#@W@#@##W*@@*.+*+
**++:::+++:.:+**+++++.:mad:*##*++*#*+:**#*+:++.::**@@@@*@**++*+#+
*:+::::.+++:::*#++++++.****+++**+*#::#*#W.::..+*@@#@*@#++**+*.
***+::.:++::::**@+*++++**+**+*@+**+##+.W#@.:.:+*##@###****#*#.
**:++:::.+++::+**@*++++*++**@@*+**.:.:+:mad:*.:::+**#@##@@*#+#*:+
#*.*+:::.++++++***@******#@@@@*:.#*:::++#*:::+*+##@##@@***#*++
@@@++:+:::+++++****@@@@@@@#@@@#::+++:+::.*:++**W@*@@#@@******:
##@:*++::::+++****#@@@@@@##@@@@+++++++::+*++**@@@*####@*:**#*+
+*#:+*+:::::*++***@@@@@@##@@@@##+++++++*****#@##@##@#@#:***##+
*+#:mad:**++++:**+***@@@@#*##@@##*+**********###W###@#*@@#***#**:
##@*#@*+++++++****@@@#####@#@**:*@****+*+**:#@##@@##@*****#+*:
#::mad:*#@+*+++++***@@#####@@#@#*#*+***++:*:**:mad:@##@##@##*#*+*##:
###@##@#**#+*****##@@#####@#@#*#**+*+:::mad:@@@###@#@@##*#*+****:
##+.##*#@@*#*#***##@####@@@*@@**#***+:::*.@W@#@@@@@*##**#*##*:
@##*@@*@@*@###*##@######@*@##@#*****++:*.:*,@@#...::####+#++*+
@##:*@#@@#@##@@###@###@#*#####@#****+:+..*,.,...,:+:+#*:*##*#+
####+@@@######@@#####@#*#@####@**##**+::*,,,..,*,.**.+#*#****+
###@###@#@####@@#@##@#########@#*##*++::,,,,:*,**.,:::*****+:+
@##@*+@@########@##@########*#@@+@+#*+:*,.,*,+:.:.#:#:+****+*+
#######@###*##**#*@#####@###*@##@#+#++#,.,#*,,++.,:+,++***+*++
####@**#@#**####@#*#######@#*###@++**#,:..+,+*+#,++.:+++*:#*++
###########@@#*###*#######@####@@#***::::,:..:..:#,,,.:+++***,
                                  ,                       
 
Joined
Sep 11, 2009
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Points
0
http://www.cracked.com/article_18430_6-historic-acts-revenge-that-put-kill-bill-to-shame.html (LANGUAGE WARNING)

Don't know this guy's faith, but between his glorifying the sack of Constantinople (while conveniently leaving out that it was supposed to be a Crusade to Jerusalem) and his name, he's definitely Italian.
 
Top