Random Postings

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Conan's prayer to Crom. Why doesn't the Hallmark store sell this on plaques and fridge magnets?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8rw15_conan-s-prayer-to-crom_shortfilms

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
Alveus Lacuna said:
Jake C said:
Sadly, it seems that our practical joke flew over most of our population's head. Unlike the Aussies, who apparently export all of their trash "beer" (read: Foster's), there are legions of Americans who actually drink Bud Light (why is beyond me).
My brother-in-law went to a pub in rural Ireland, and he said that almost everyone was drinking Budweiser.
Perhaps it was the 'other' Czech brewed Budweiser?  http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3469/is_26_55/ai_n8592333/

Jibrail Almuhajir

Taxiarches
Reaction score
No little gum freshens breath longer than Big Red.

So kiss a little longer, hold hands a little longer, hold tight a little longer; Longer with Big Red.
That Big Red freshness lasts right through it. Your fresh breath goes on and on while you chew it. Say goodbye a little longer; make it last a little longer. Give your breath long lasting freshness with Big Red.

FormerReformer

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
mcommini2.blogspot.com
GabrieltheCelt said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Papist said:
Five days until Spring Break.  ;D
What's Spring Break? ;) :(
There's no such thing as Spring Break for the workin' man.  :D  BTW, who's the man in your current avatar?
So, teachers don't work?  I mean, I won't pretend I haven't gotten that impression sometimes, but...

Jibrail Almuhajir

Taxiarches
Reaction score
FormerReformer said:
GabrieltheCelt said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Papist said:
There's no such thing as Spring Break for the workin' man.  :D  BTW, who's the man in your current avatar?
So, teachers don't work?   I mean, I won't pretend I haven't gotten that impression sometimes, but...
LOL!  I didn't mean to say or imply that at all.  I meant that teachers still sometimes go in to work, still have to get their lesson plans in order, they might meet with the principle or other admins; there's a whole host of things they have to do during spring break...

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
Papist said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Papist said:
Haha. I decided that this spring break I really do need relax. I will be doing minimal school work.  :)
Minimal is the right word. When I say I've taken a holiday off, I really mean I've worked for less than an hour. As I've said before, many think teaching is a 9-3 job; it's actually an August-May job, followed by our May-August job, planning for next year.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Papist said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Papist said:
Haha. I decided that this spring break I really do need relax. I will be doing minimal school work.  :)
Minimal is the right word. When I say I've taken a holiday off, I really mean I've worked for less than an hour. As I've said before, many think teaching is a 9-3 job; it's actually an August-May job, followed by our May-August job, planning for next year.
Agreed. Then add to this the fact that many teachers teach summer school and/or night classes to provide themsleves with a better wage (I do both).

Elijah

Elder
Reaction score
Now a word was secretly brought to me,
And my ear received a whisper of it.
In disquieting thoughts from the visions of the night,
When deep sleep falls on men,
(The Book of Job 4:12-13)

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Today one should drink 40 glasses of wine for the martyrs of Sevastia.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
That's the custom.
you can also have the same amount of plum brandy, if you so wish.