Random Postings

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
I went to bed at 8pm yesterday and woke up at 6am....and I'm still tired. Ugh.
I feel ya.  I hope it gets better for you!
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Got an email from my property manager in Colorado about move out inspections and crap. He's a real slumlord, and had the smarminess to say "Hope your new job and surroundings are satisfactory.  You are going to miss Colorado. Been there done that."

Yeah I don't miss it and there was never anything to miss in the first place. I really want to say that, but then I have my 700 deposit in the balance so I can't fire back.

Hate being in a position like this.
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
24
Location
The Underground
Achronos said:
I went to bed at 8pm yesterday and woke up at 6am....and I'm still tired. Ugh.
Odd. 6 hours is more than enough sleep for me. I go to bed at 2:00AM and wake up at 8:00AM everyday and feel just fine. I'm sure this will go away once I age and my body starts to go downhill like all the old folks on here  :D
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
That person said:
People generally need less sleep as they age actually.
Something is wrong with me.  I am the opposite.  I could sleep 10 hours a day if I didn't need to work.
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
That person said:
People generally need less sleep as they age actually.
I feel like I don't get enough sleep. I don't have a lot of energy. Could be my diet though.
I actually just had some blood work conducted because of the same thing.  No results yet. 
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
25
Location
Netherlands
Kerdy said:
That person said:
People generally need less sleep as they age actually.
Something is wrong with me.  I am the opposite.  I could sleep 10 hours a day if I didn't need to work.
I could easily sleep for 15 hours or more. Sometimes when there's nobody to wake me up I (accidentally) sleep till 16:00.
 

That person

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Dec 11, 2009
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Kerdy said:
That person said:
People generally need less sleep as they age actually.
Something is wrong with me.  I am the opposite.  I could sleep 10 hours a day if I didn't need to work.
Nothing stools people from sleeping more than they need to. Here, have a diagram:
 

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,004
Reaction score
20
Points
38
Age
48
Location
Camulodunum
Cyrillic said:
I never wore wooden clogs.
A mouse lived in a windmill in old Amsterdam
A windmill with a mouse in and he wasn't grousin'
He sang every morning, "How lucky I am,
Living in a windmill in old Amsterdam!"

I saw a mouse!
Where?
There on the stair!
Where on the stair?
Right there!
A little mouse with clogs on
Well I declare!
Going clip-clippety-clop on the stair.

:D
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,641
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Cyrillic said:
Every time I hear military march music I dream of conquering Belgium.
Gee, you're ambitious.  :laugh:
 

Ansgar

Archon
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
3,060
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
27
Cyrillic said:
Every time I hear military march music I dream of conquering Belgium.
I really want to add a funny comment to this, but I can't come up with anything.  :(
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I want to buy an abandoned castle or a mansion, church organs, grow several deformities and spend the rest of my life playing those organs all by myself.
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
25
Location
Netherlands
Alpo said:
I want to buy an abandoned castle or a mansion, church organs, grow several deformities and spend the rest of my life playing those organs all by myself.
Organs? That smacks of heresy.
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Cyrillic said:
Alpo said:
I want to buy an abandoned castle or a mansion, church organs, grow several deformities and spend the rest of my life playing those organs all by myself.
Organs? That smacks of heresy.
Well I might be going to confession in a maybe couple of weeks so I have still some time to do sin.
 

Apples

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
4,360
Reaction score
0
Points
0
LBK said:
Cyrillic said:
Every time I hear military march music I dream of conquering Belgium.
Gee, you're ambitious.  :laugh:
See we think that type of thing is funny but European nationalism is a very dangerous thing.
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2012
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Buckeyeland
Today I was praying at the church where my worship group meets to help with problems in my life. The church is part of the Vineyard churches. The pastor, whom I already knew, stopped to talk about was troubling me. Half of what he said was inspirational and good, but the other half I could tell was false doctrine-inherited sin nature, the born-again believer having a new nature, OSAS. Thank God He helped me be discerning!
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Ray Comfort, creator of the banana destroys all atheist arguments (see Kirk Cameron), with this gem. Love that he refers to his followers as a species. No wonder why he is a Creationist.

 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Apologetics Children's Books

"We all know that small children can ask very profound questions, questions that sometimes leave us searching for answers! “What Is God Like?” is a series of ten illustrated booklets designed to help you teach Christian truth to your children and answer some of their deepest questions about God. These easy-to-understand booklets cover the principal attributes of God, such as omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, eternity, self- existence, and so on.

Read more: http://www.reasonablefaith.org/apologetics-resources-for-your-children#ixzz2Sw4Lv3fC

AWESOME!
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
Apologetics Children's Books

"We all know that small children can ask very profound questions, questions that sometimes leave us searching for answers! “What Is God Like?” is a series of ten illustrated booklets designed to help you teach Christian truth to your children and answer some of their deepest questions about God. These easy-to-understand booklets cover the principal attributes of God, such as omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, eternity, self- existence, and so on.

Read more: http://www.reasonablefaith.org/apologetics-resources-for-your-children#ixzz2Sw4Lv3fC

AWESOME!
God is a spirit? Guess he ain't a Christian.
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
25
Location
Netherlands
I wonder what the "God is three persons" book says about the filioque. It's quite likely that the bear is a heretic.
 

augustin717

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
6,850
Reaction score
0
Points
0
if weather is warm tomorrow, i'll take a long-ish bike ride. maybe 60 miles.
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
augustin717 said:
if weather is warm tomorrow, i'll take a long-ish bike ride. maybe 60 miles.
Enjoy your ride. I've never cycled that much but I miss everyday cycling. After moving here I've switched to using exclusively public transporting instead of walking and cycling. It's a bit shame.
 

Ansgar

Archon
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
3,060
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
27
Cyrillic said:
augustin717 said:
if weather is warm tomorrow
Good luck. The weather forecast here for the next seven days is rain, rain and nothing but rain.
:)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJWuSfdsFeI
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
orthonorm said:
God is a spirit? Guess he ain't a Christian.
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth. - John 4:24

Now what does the Message say:

"It’s who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That’s the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration.” - John 4:23-24
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
God is a spirit? Guess he ain't a Christian.
Now what does the Message say:

"It’s who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That’s the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration.” - John 4:23-24
I stand corrected.
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
JamesR said:
What the hell does it mean when a British person says "my daily rounds"?
I'm not British, but I would suppose it means doing your errands.
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Alpo said:
augustin717 said:
if weather is warm tomorrow, i'll take a long-ish bike ride. maybe 60 miles.
Enjoy your ride. I've never cycled that much but I miss everyday cycling. After moving here I've switched to using exclusively public transporting instead of walking and cycling. It's a bit shame.
I purchased a really nice commuter bike with the anticipation I would be able to ride to work.  Well, it's much too far so I had to get another car.
 

yeshuaisiam

Protokentarchos
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
4,695
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Fixed one of our Go-Karts today.  Had the Master Jet set too closed.  Had a good idle, but when you hit the gas it would start clugging along (not fast).  After the adjustment, more gas could go into the carb and powered right up.

Hauling great down our trails.
 
Top