Random Postings

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I just noticed that there's a "show desktop" button in Windows 7.  :) I missed that function with Windows XP.
I've got XP, and it definitely has a "show desktop" button in the bottom toolbar.

Reaction score
Papist said:
Nebelpfade said:
DeathToTheWorld said:
A Pulsar? Or future punishment of sinners in Gehenna?
So sinners are going to become collapsed stars that emit EMR?
Of Course!  ;)
At least they'll look pretty!  :laugh:  :laugh:

On a related yet unrelated side note (after all, this is the random postings thread) I've really enjoyed the images from the Hubble Telescope in my Astronomy class this semester. They are just so beautiful! It's mind blowing (to me, anyway) that we can have such wonderful images transmitted to us all the way from space!

The more I learn about Space and the Universe, the more amazed I am at God's creation. :)

And on a further tangent... I am really tired right now. I had a Biology exam at 7:30 this morning, so I've been up since 5. I asked if I could get my Café Americano served intravenously at Starbucks, but they weren't willing to accomodate me.  :'(  ;)

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
HandmaidenofGod said:
And on a further tangent... I am really tired right now. I had a Biology exam at 7:30 this morning, so I've been up since 5. I asked if I could get my Café Americano served intravenously at Starbucks, but they weren't willing to accomodate me.  :'(  ;)
What poor service! What happened to "the customer is always right"?

Reaction score
Papist said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
I don't know... they mentioned something about coffee not being safe to flow through the blood, but I just dismissed it as them being difficult. :p

Vzldrb

Elder
Reaction score
HandmaidenofGod said:
Papist said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
I don't know... they mentioned something about coffee not being safe to flow through the blood, but I just dismissed it as them being difficult. :p
Speaking of coffee, I like mine black, but this nescafe "stuff" isn't all that good.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
LBK said:
Asteriktos said:
I just noticed that there's a "show desktop" button in Windows 7.  :) I missed that function with Windows XP.
I've got XP, and it definitely has a "show desktop" button in the bottom toolbar.
:-\ Well I must be blind then!  :D

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
LBK said:
Asteriktos said:
:-\ Well I must be blind then!  :D
There are ways of removing and restoring that icon.

Reaction score
Vzldrb said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
Papist said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
Speaking of coffee, I like mine black, but this nescafe "stuff" isn't all that good.
That's because you haven't had it Greek style!  ;D

Reaction score
DeathToTheWorld said:
Papist said:
Does anyone want to purchase a few unruly ninth graders?

i think you will find this article very helpful:

http://www.philokalia.org/porphyrios_children.htm

He was (is, memory eternal) a miracle working Elder.
Papist just has the joy of teaching these children math. He doesn't have the added pleasure of raising them. (Although the parents may think otherwise!)  ;)  :laugh:

Vzldrb

Elder
Reaction score
HandmaidenofGod said:
Vzldrb said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
Papist said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
That's because you haven't had it Greek style!  ;D
How is that, may I ask?

I'm willing to try anything. Doubling up the amount of coffee works wonders.

Vzldrb

Elder
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
augustin717 said:
I'm flying to the mother land tonight. Pray for me.
Prayers for you, and I hope you have a nice trip. :)
I can only add to these prayers, and do share pictures if you can... I'm Polish/Ukrainian :)