• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
William said:
augustin717 said:
tooday i briefly checked a romanian orthodox website "razboi intru cuvant" ("war in the word" ) which i maybe do every 2 or 3 months. my god, i think its both funny and depressing. but, i don't think it represents more than a tiny number of hardcore activists. according to what i saw romania is gonna soon be taken over by a homosexual cabal. that's when it's not the jews doing it.
I've been meaning to ask you and Romaios. Is Romania all dark and mist-filled and home to werewolves and such like in the movies?
whats with the justice scales as your avatar?

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
William said:
augustin717 said:
tooday i briefly checked a romanian orthodox website "razboi intru cuvant" ("war in the word" ) which i maybe do every 2 or 3 months. my god, i think its both funny and depressing. but, i don't think it represents more than a tiny number of hardcore activists. according to what i saw romania is gonna soon be taken over by a homosexual cabal. that's when it's not the jews doing it.
I've been meaning to ask you and Romaios. Is Romania all dark and mist-filled and home to werewolves and such like in the movies?
whats with the justice scales as your avatar?
What do you think?

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
you know I've tried every levi jeans, 505, 569, 513, 514, etc.

but I always was resistant to 501 because ya know "middle aged balding male" has sort of been attached to it for a long time with that stonewashed look.

but I think it may be the best fitting jean for me.

i just hate the way it feels

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
I should be doing something but I'm staring paralysed at my computer screen. Even typing seems tiresome.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Is should be doing something but I'm staring paralysed at my computer screen. Even typing seems tiresome.
yeah im sort of bored at the moment.

but i am having the most difficult time adjusting to my new location and job and everything really.

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Achronos said:
William said:
Is fish oil lenten?
you have beaten this joke into the ground now
I wouldn't have to keep repeating the same joke if my parents had fed me more fish oil as a child.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
I should probably translate some Greek to stay in shape but I don't know what to translate.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
I should probably translate some Greek to stay in shape but I don't know what to translate.
What about... Euthyphro?

Romaios

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
I really enjoyed some bits of St. John of Damascus' Sacra Parallela. There's plenty of topics in there to choose from. Also, it's quite straightforward Greek.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Already got a multi-volume set of Plato's work.
Oh. alright then... what about some of Aesop's Fables? They're funny.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Romaios said:
Cyrillic said:
I really enjoyed some bits of St. John of Damascus' Sacra Parallela. There's plenty of topics in there to choose from. Also, it's quite straightforward Greek.
Isn't that one fragmentary? All-knowing TLG tells me it is.

Romaios

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
There is no translation of anything by St. John Chrysostom in Dutch.
The fragment I liked from Sacra Parallela is actually from Chrysostom's In Eutropium. Beautiful stuff!

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yo JamesR...

lets start a WRO monastery and i can live out my robe wearing fantasies.

with fear and trembling

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Sitting in the airport. In less than six hours, I'll be in Greece.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Good luck in Ellada. Don't forget to eat gyros.
Thank you.  :)

Thursday is the Feast of Ascension, so hopefully, I'll get some pictures.

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I saw one of those Polish roadside religious shrine thingies in the Witcher 3 trailer, a little before the 1 minute mark.