Random Postings

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
There is a small town in Poland called Międzyrzec Podlaski. In 1884 Michał Oksijuk and in 1892 Jan Bekisz were born there. The first one from 1951 to 1959 was known better as HB Makarius of Warsaw and all Poland, the second one from 1970 to 1977 was better know as HB Ireney, the first Primate of the OCA. As for know there is no single Parish in Międzyrzec. Funny, eh?

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
mike said:
There is a small town in Poland called Międzyrzec Podlaski. In 1884 Michał Oksijuk and in 1892 Jan Bekisz were born there. The first one from 1951 to 1959 was known better as HB Makarius of Warsaw and all Poland, the second one from 1970 to 1977 was better know as HB Ireney, the first Primate of the OCA. As for know there is no single Parish in Międzyrzec. Funny, eh?
What happened to the Parish?

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
What happened to the Parish?
I suppose due to Catholisation of the Orthodox people there it was merged with the Parish nearby. Two former Orthodox Churches there are now used by RCCs.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
And it's dryer out there, too.  Maryland can be very humid.

And we're in for another scorcher today.

I repeat  *erg*

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Ebor said:
And it's dryer out there, too.  Maryland can be very humid.

And we're in for another scorcher today.

I repeat  *erg*
True, true. But, we are about to head for our "monsoon" season so things will change pretty quickly.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I like Spring and Fall personally.  The radio news has reported that it hit 106 in Frederick, MD.  I'm south and east of there but still..ugh.

Friul

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Loc
Website
www.iheu.org
genesisone said:
You mean when the wind chill hits -42C?
Yup!  ;D  Anything beats the heat.

Speaking of heat:
After my original trip to Africa was canned over funding, looks like I will have the chance to head there through another avenue.  I'm just glad all those bloody needles weren't for nothing.  :p

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Or am I just crazed with the heat?  It's supposed to be "cooler" tomorrow: 94  wheee

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
So the temperature is going to be a bit lower but the Forces of Humidity are rising up to counter the loss.  We now switch to "Sticky" and "Sweltering" and the sky is more yellowy-gray than blue.

Bleah.