Friul

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Loc
Website
www.iheu.org
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Yes, in fact we just finished watching this week's episode on the IFC. We've seen most of the series on Netflix, as well.
"How you like it?  No, no, no, Jen, it's infected!  If this was a human being, I'd shoot it in the face."  Pure gold.

It brings back so many memories to when I worked in IT and as a junior network admin before heading back to University.

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
Nebelpfade said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Yes, in fact we just finished watching this week's episode on the IFC. We've seen most of the series on Netflix, as well.
"How you like it?  No, no, no, Jen, it's infected!  If this was a human being, I'd shoot it in the face."  Pure gold.

It brings back so many memories to when I worked in IT and as a junior network admin before heading back to University.
"Oh, when you said you wanted to cook with me, what you meant was that you wanted to cook me. I see where the confusion lies now. I am so embarrassed."

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
errggg. Power finally came back after 52 hours down.  Still working on cleaning the fridge and other catching up. 

A wild and freakish storm went through the MD/DC area on Sunday afternoon and took out the electricity for over 300,000 houses and businesses. It was fortunate that the weather didn't go to the temperature and humidity in the 90s though it was certainly warm.  There are still some thousands w/o power and they have my deepest sympathy.  We're very grateful for the repair crews that came to help from Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York and Delaware. 

The lights came back at about 7:30 last night and then dropped again about midnight.  Talk about "Oh no, not again" and a bowl of petunias.  But it was just the local substation having a hiccup and things were up and running again in about 15 minutes. 

Ebor

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Oh noes!  Here come more thunderstorms and we've already had three momentary power drops.  The storm warning is until 7 tonight.  If you don't hear from me again, we're back in the dark. So send St. Bernards with ice or a battery powered fan.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
:D :D :D :D :D

A good question...and one that perhaps one shouldn't have an answer to. 

Here is an amusing little video "Lil C'thulhu" done as a parody of kiddie shows.  We particularly liked the bit about one character being called the "Crawling Chaos 'cause he can't walk yet".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOHJUrcVdJk

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I think I need an emoticon of a bowl of petunias.  It's severe t-storms, high winds and heavy rain rolling in again with the possibility of it affecting the electricity.  aaaaarrrrrrghhhhh

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
Ebor said:
I think I need an emoticon of a bowl of petunias.  It's severe t-storms, high winds and heavy rain rolling in again with the possibility of it affecting the electricity.  aaaaarrrrrrghhhhh
Nothing like some candle light and some good books to scratch off the "to-read" list. 

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
True, but with three kids the parent-awareness-of children-and-teens-to-open-flames-system is on Red Alert.  Also, the thunder and sudden darkness scare our youngest.

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
Ebor said:
True, but with three kids the parent-awareness-of children-and-teens-to-open-flames-system is on Red Alert.  Also, the thunder and sudden darkness scare our youngest.
the first excuse was better, and more long-winded.  always a fan favorite.  ;) ;D ;D

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
hehehe.  Once they're all grown up and out I guess that I can ummm enjoy power outages in peace as you suggest.  ;)

James

Archon
Reaction score
My grandpa told me thunder and lighting meant God was bowling, thunder was the pins being struck and lighting was a strike...the Almighty has alot of 300 games.

Poles, brewskis and bowling...

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Shades of Rip Van Winkle and meeting Henrick Hudson and his men playing Nine Pins in the Washington Irving story. 

It's an "Irving Legend" to quote D.W. on "Arthur".  That's the kinds of stories that your Uncle Irving tells.

"But you don't have an Uncle Irving."
"He's an Irving Legend, too"

Which if you think about Urban Legends and the tenuous links of "the cousin of a friend of my sister had this happen..." makes sense.

;)

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jakub said:
My grandpa told me thunder and lighting meant God was bowling, thunder was the pins being struck and lighting was a strike...the Almighty has alot of 300 games.

Poles, brewskis and bowling...
My uncle, who otherwise sported a bowling average of about 125-150, boasted once of scoring 290+ in a game of drunk bowling with his Air Force buddies. :laugh:  Bowl a strike, chug a pint.  Bowl a strike, chug a pint.  By the end of the game he was so plastered he could hardly see the pins, but he still brought them down. :laugh: