Random Postings

mike

Protostrator
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
24,873
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
29
Location
Białystok / Warsaw
During an announcement on yesterday Transfiguration vigil a Priest said that after the 1st hour blessing of fruits will be performed. When he came out from the alter a woman in front of me said: "Why so soon?! He said it would be at night!".
 

Vzldrb

Elder
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
283
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Just got a free pentax k1000, and a new job. I can now afford 40 rolls of film!
 

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
1,545
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Earwax cannot make candles. Earwax is best thrown away or made into haloween candy. How do you think they came up with candy corn?
 

mike

Protostrator
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
24,873
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
29
Location
Białystok / Warsaw
My parents have just prepared for me 40ml of vodka mixed with black pepper as a medicine for indigestion. I've felt it in my nose.
 

Ebor

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
6,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
64
Location
Maryland
mike said:
My parents have just prepared for me 40ml of vodka mixed with black pepper as a medicine for indigestion. I've felt it in my nose.
Leaping lizards! How much pepper was used, out of idle curiosity.  That sounds umm fierce.
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
48
Location
Portland, Oregon
Ebor said:
mike said:
My parents have just prepared for me 40ml of vodka mixed with black pepper as a medicine for indigestion. I've felt it in my nose.
Leaping lizards! How much pepper was used, out of idle curiosity.  That sounds umm fierce.
Funny story in my memory banks about a friend's experience with pepper vodka.  I wasn't there, so I've taken this story on faith.  The story is that my godfather was at a social gathering where a friend was passing around a shot of pepper vodka he had made.  The proper way to sample the concoction was to dab your pinky into it and lick it off your finger.  My godfather wasn't paying attention, so when the shot glass came to him, he didn't know what to do with it, thought he had been offered the whole shot, and chugged it down in one gulp.  His face, ears, and balding head turned beet red, partly from the heat of the liquor and partly from his own embarrassment, for he wanted so desperately to maintain his dignity in such a humiliating situation.  He didn't want to just rush to the nearest water faucet and drink down a gallon of cold water to soothe the pain in his mouth and throat.  LOL!
 

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
9,123
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
PeterTheAleut said:
Ebor said:
mike said:
My parents have just prepared for me 40ml of vodka mixed with black pepper as a medicine for indigestion. I've felt it in my nose.
Leaping lizards! How much pepper was used, out of idle curiosity.  That sounds umm fierce.
Funny story in my memory banks about a friend's experience with pepper vodka.  I wasn't there, so I've taken this story on faith.  The story is that my godfather was at a social gathering where a friend was passing around a shot of pepper vodka he had made.  The proper way to sample the concoction was to dab your pinky into it and lick it off your finger.  My godfather wasn't paying attention, so when the shot glass came to him, he didn't know what to do with it, thought he had been offered the whole shot, and chugged it down in one gulp.  His face, ears, and balding head turned beet red, partly from the heat of the liquor and partly from his own embarrassment, for he wanted so desperately to maintain his dignity in such a humiliating situation.  He didn't want to just rush to the nearest water faucet and drink down a gallon of cold water to soothe the pain in his mouth and throat.  LOL!
Yes, but did it heal his indigestion!?  ;D ;D
 

Ebor

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
6,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
64
Location
Maryland
Nebelpfade said:
Vodka in the East, is like Brandy in the West.  The ultimate cure-all.  :p
Or out in the Far West it was whiskey with who-knows-what-all in it's making  ;D 
"Set 'em up, Barkeep."
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
48
Location
Portland, Oregon
serb1389 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Ebor said:
mike said:
My parents have just prepared for me 40ml of vodka mixed with black pepper as a medicine for indigestion. I've felt it in my nose.
Leaping lizards! How much pepper was used, out of idle curiosity.  That sounds umm fierce.
Funny story in my memory banks about a friend's experience with pepper vodka.  I wasn't there, so I've taken this story on faith.  The story is that my godfather was at a social gathering where a friend was passing around a shot of pepper vodka he had made.  The proper way to sample the concoction was to dab your pinky into it and lick it off your finger.  My godfather wasn't paying attention, so when the shot glass came to him, he didn't know what to do with it, thought he had been offered the whole shot, and chugged it down in one gulp.  His face, ears, and balding head turned beet red, partly from the heat of the liquor and partly from his own embarrassment, for he wanted so desperately to maintain his dignity in such a humiliating situation.  He didn't want to just rush to the nearest water faucet and drink down a gallon of cold water to soothe the pain in his mouth and throat.  LOL!
Yes, but did it heal his indigestion!?   ;D ;D
I don't know.  The humiliation probably caused him indigestion.
 
Top