Random Postings

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
theistgal said:
Hey Peter, congrats!  I'm also a member of Toastmasters. :)
Good for you!  TM is one of the best organizations I know for personal and professional growth. :)

Of course, winning last night's humorous speech contest means I have to prepare for the area contest in two weeks.  A couple of tweaks to my speech, and I should be even better.  Maybe I'll even beat the gal who beat me last year. ;D

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
theistgal said:
Hey, I won the "Tall Tales" contest last year - maybe we'll meet on the field of battle someday! :D
I could have submitted my humorous contest speech for the Tall Tales contest if only it weren't a true story and my district actually conducted Tall Tales contests.  What was your speech about?

theistgal

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It was called "How I Really Lost The Weight" about a series of evetns leading to my fabulous weight loss of the prior year - the tale involved a defective treadmill, a coma, and an unsuccessful liposuction.

Unfortunately I think this year's attempt will have to be "How I Really Gained BACK all that weight!!"

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
theistgal said:
It was called "How I Really Lost The Weight" about a series of evetns leading to my fabulous weight loss of the prior year - the tale involved a defective treadmill, a coma, and an unsuccessful liposuction.

Unfortunately I think this year's attempt will have to be "How I Really Gained BACK all that weight!!"
I guess, then, that I could make my tall tale about real life events, the likes of which constitute my humorous speech.  My current speech, "A Night on Patrol," is about that Halloween night I worked on the campus security patrol back in my college days.  The paintball sniper who had me always in his sights...  A squad of young men on an undie run...  A trio of young men following me around and mooning me whenever they had the chance...  Classic Halloween hijinks on a college campus.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
I saw a beautiful sand hill crane land on the dock behind my house this morning.  :)

theistgal

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also, just watched the GREAT "Sunset Boulevard" on TCM!!

"No one ever leaves a star ... that's what MAKES one a star!!"

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I dreamed that I was having a nightmare, but in my dream I was afraid to wake myself up because then if I woke up for real I might find that the nightmare was real. It's weird when you dream that you're dreaming.

Selam

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Nah, I was just surfing the net and saw it, and figured it was random enough for the thread. :)

peccatorum

Reaction score
If Brazil was an Orthodox contry, could the "Christ the Redeemer" or Rio de Janeiro be a "Christos Pantokrator"?
LOL.