Random Postings

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,819
Reaction score
1
Points
36
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
William said:
augustin717 said:
William said:
augustin717 said:
I failed to say this yesterday but happy belated great schism day and for today happy Romanov regicide day!
Yes, let us celebrate the holy passion bearers' martyrdom. May they intercede for you and me.
Not what I meant but at your age it's ok.
Speaking of which, shouldn't you have outgrown your viva el che phase at this point?
:laugh:
 

augustin717

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
6,850
Reaction score
0
Points
0
William said:
augustin717 said:
William said:
augustin717 said:
I failed to say this yesterday but happy belated great schism day and for today happy Romanov regicide day!
Yes, let us celebrate the holy passion bearers' martyrdom. May they intercede for you and me.
Not what I meant but at your age it's ok.
Speaking of which, shouldn't you have outgrown your viva el che phase at this point?
Never went through that phase. At your age I didn't have acess to Internet but prob would have been comparably reactionary
 

Apples

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
4,360
Reaction score
0
Points
0
augustin717 said:
William said:
augustin717 said:
William said:
augustin717 said:
I failed to say this yesterday but happy belated great schism day and for today happy Romanov regicide day!
Yes, let us celebrate the holy passion bearers' martyrdom. May they intercede for you and me.
Not what I meant but at your age it's ok.
Speaking of which, shouldn't you have outgrown your viva el che phase at this point?
Never went through that phase. At your age I didn't have acess to Internet but prob would have been comparably reactionary
I'd trade. Pastoral Romania seems more fun than the internet.
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
augustin717 said:
William said:
augustin717 said:
I failed to say this yesterday but happy belated great schism day and for today happy Romanov regicide day!
Yes, let us celebrate the holy passion bearers' martyrdom. May they intercede for you and me.
Not what I meant but at your age it's ok.
At your age, I wouldn't talk about people's age.
 

augustin717

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
6,850
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Kerdy said:
augustin717 said:
William said:
augustin717 said:
I failed to say this yesterday but happy belated great schism day and for today happy Romanov regicide day!
Yes, let us celebrate the holy passion bearers' martyrdom. May they intercede for you and me.
Not what I meant but at your age it's ok.
At your age, I wouldn't talk about people's age.
What's the acceptable age to pick on someone's age?
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,819
Reaction score
1
Points
36
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
augustin717 said:
Kerdy said:
augustin717 said:
William said:
augustin717 said:
I failed to say this yesterday but happy belated great schism day and for today happy Romanov regicide day!
Yes, let us celebrate the holy passion bearers' martyrdom. May they intercede for you and me.
Not what I meant but at your age it's ok.
At your age, I wouldn't talk about people's age.
What's the acceptable age to pick on someone's age?
I judge from your pictures that you are probably about 23.  I would say that is a tad young to be harassing old geezers like Kerdy.  He might smack you with his cane.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
34. Someone at that age has the required life experience to look down on the young people, but is still flexible and up to date enough to look down on the old people.
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Asteriktos said:
34. Someone at that age has the required life experience to look down on the young people, but is still flexible and up to date enough to look down on the old people.
Are you 34?  :laugh:
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
48
Location
Portland, Oregon
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
TheTrisagion said:
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
Sometimes I'm impressed how high the post counts get, considering the lack of trivial threads. Yeah, we do have a few like random postings and "It is... and I am...," but on a lot of sites I've been on they have like 20 or 25 threads like that going at any one time. Here it's more like 4 or 5.
I've been thinking of opening another such thread.
I forbid it.
At one point in time the mods would actually lock "game" threads. I'm glad things have changed...
It's pretty much impossible to have a real game on here since most OC.net users have the attention span of an 8-year old boy on speed, with ADHD and too much energy drink.
I don't have ... Oh, LOOK! A squirrel! ;D
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,819
Reaction score
1
Points
36
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
PeterTheAleut said:
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
TheTrisagion said:
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
Sometimes I'm impressed how high the post counts get, considering the lack of trivial threads. Yeah, we do have a few like random postings and "It is... and I am...," but on a lot of sites I've been on they have like 20 or 25 threads like that going at any one time. Here it's more like 4 or 5.
I've been thinking of opening another such thread.
I forbid it.
At one point in time the mods would actually lock "game" threads. I'm glad things have changed...
It's pretty much impossible to have a real game on here since most OC.net users have the attention span of an 8-year old boy on speed, with ADHD and too much energy drink.
I don't have ... Oh, LOOK! A squirrel! ;D
I would debate Cyrillic's comment except for the fact that I became distracted after I posted in this thread and went wandering off into other threads.  Say, is this a shiny quarter on the ground?!?!
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
Kerdy said:
Asteriktos said:
34. Someone at that age has the required life experience to look down on the young people, but is still flexible and up to date enough to look down on the old people.
Are you 34?   :laugh:
Well... erm... that is to say... technically... in chronological years... if birth certificates mean anything to you... yes. But that's just a coincidence, I assure you!  ;D
 

Apples

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
4,360
Reaction score
0
Points
0
18 is the best age to criticize others. It's old enough to be rational but young enough to still be fully within the blossom of eternal youth.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,819
Reaction score
1
Points
36
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
William said:
18 is the best age to criticize others. It's old enough to be rational but young enough to still be fully within the blossom of eternal youth.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
augustin717 said:
William said:
augustin717 said:
William said:
augustin717 said:
I failed to say this yesterday but happy belated great schism day and for today happy Romanov regicide day!
Yes, let us celebrate the holy passion bearers' martyrdom. May they intercede for you and me.
Not what I meant but at your age it's ok.
Speaking of which, shouldn't you have outgrown your viva el che phase at this point?
Never went through that phase. At your age I didn't have acess to Internet but prob would have been comparably reactionary
Hey when you have unlimited access to all the verbal and visual diarrhea with absolutely no filter, of course.

William is just a few steps shy from being a full on neocon.

And the Church itself is a very conservative institution, so maybe his pretensions derive from that.

I liked Che because he was photogenic, but nothing about the man has ever impressed me.
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Asteriktos said:
Kerdy said:
Asteriktos said:
34. Someone at that age has the required life experience to look down on the young people, but is still flexible and up to date enough to look down on the old people.
Are you 34?   :laugh:
Well... erm... that is to say... technically... in chronological years... if birth certificates mean anything to you... yes. But that's just a coincidence, I assure you!  ;D
;)
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
25
Location
Netherlands
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
Sometimes I'm impressed how high the post counts get, considering the lack of trivial threads. Yeah, we do have a few like random postings and "It is... and I am...," but on a lot of sites I've been on they have like 20 or 25 threads like that going at any one time. Here it's more like 4 or 5.
I've been thinking of opening another such thread.
I think I should create a "Say something nice about the person above you" thread but I'm too shy to do it. But it could be fun.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
Cyrillic said:
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
Sometimes I'm impressed how high the post counts get, considering the lack of trivial threads. Yeah, we do have a few like random postings and "It is... and I am...," but on a lot of sites I've been on they have like 20 or 25 threads like that going at any one time. Here it's more like 4 or 5.
I've been thinking of opening another such thread.
I think I should create a "Say something nice about the person above you" thread but I'm too shy to do it. But it could be fun.
Hey, that sounds like it'd work out better than some of the threads I've seen where you comment on the previous poster...

"Say the first thing that comes to mind"
"[Have sex] or Pass"
"Date or dump"
"Say something brutally honest"

 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
25
Location
Netherlands
Asteriktos said:
Cyrillic said:
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
Sometimes I'm impressed how high the post counts get, considering the lack of trivial threads. Yeah, we do have a few like random postings and "It is... and I am...," but on a lot of sites I've been on they have like 20 or 25 threads like that going at any one time. Here it's more like 4 or 5.
I've been thinking of opening another such thread.
I think I should create a "Say something nice about the person above you" thread but I'm too shy to do it. But it could be fun.

Hey, that sounds like it'd work out better than some of the threads I've seen where you comment on the previous poster...

"Say the first thing that comes to mind"
"[Have sex] or Pass"
"Date or dump"
"Say something brutally honest"
Create it! You know no shame already :)
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
Cyrillic said:
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
Sometimes I'm impressed how high the post counts get, considering the lack of trivial threads. Yeah, we do have a few like random postings and "It is... and I am...," but on a lot of sites I've been on they have like 20 or 25 threads like that going at any one time. Here it's more like 4 or 5.
I've been thinking of opening another such thread.
I think I should create a "Say something nice about the person above you" thread but I'm too shy to do it. But it could be fun.

Hey, that sounds like it'd work out better than some of the threads I've seen where you comment on the previous poster...

"Say the first thing that comes to mind"
"[Have sex] or Pass"
"Date or dump"
"Say something brutally honest"
Create it! You know no shame already :)
I cannot argue with this. I will make the thread.
 

Severian

Taxiarches
Joined
Jul 4, 2011
Messages
6,642
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
I was just replaying Knights of the Old Republic II: the Sith Lords on my PC for the first time in over four years (with the recently released restored content mod) and then all of a sudden as I was playing all of my saved games were deleted. What a bummer...

But, maybe it's a sign that I should focus on something more constructive.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
Severian said:
I was just replaying Knights of the Old Republic II: the Sith Lords on my PC for the first time in over four years (with the recently released restored content mod) and then all of a sudden as I was playing all of my saved games were deleted. What a bummer...

But, maybe it's a sign that I should focus on something more constructive.
That sucks.  Though it may indeed be a sign. Perhaps God wants you to spend more time on oc.net? Give it some thought!
 

Severian

Taxiarches
Joined
Jul 4, 2011
Messages
6,642
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
Asteriktos said:
Severian said:
I was just replaying Knights of the Old Republic II: the Sith Lords on my PC for the first time in over four years (with the recently released restored content mod) and then all of a sudden as I was playing all of my saved games were deleted. What a bummer...

But, maybe it's a sign that I should focus on something more constructive.
That sucks.  Though it may indeed be a sign. Perhaps God wants you to spend more time on oc.net? Give it some thought!
Lol, yeah maybe. ;D
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,819
Reaction score
1
Points
36
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
Asteriktos said:
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
Cyrillic said:
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
Sometimes I'm impressed how high the post counts get, considering the lack of trivial threads. Yeah, we do have a few like random postings and "It is... and I am...," but on a lot of sites I've been on they have like 20 or 25 threads like that going at any one time. Here it's more like 4 or 5.
I've been thinking of opening another such thread.
I think I should create a "Say something nice about the person above you" thread but I'm too shy to do it. But it could be fun.

Hey, that sounds like it'd work out better than some of the threads I've seen where you comment on the previous poster...

"Say the first thing that comes to mind"
"[Have sex] or Pass"
"Date or dump"
"Say something brutally honest"
Create it! You know no shame already :)
I cannot argue with this. I will make the thread.
I was tempted to make a thread like this several weeks ago, but I felt kind of impudent like I was expecting someone to compliment me, so I decided not to.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
Wanting to save up a ton of money over the course of decades just so you can donate it or use it in one fell swoop on some huge and attention-getting project is the pinnacle of pride I think. Don't do it.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
celticfan1888 said:
Only $20 for a Big Mac meal at McDonald's in HK! So awesome here!
$20...? What does that work out to, like $6 US and 1,000,000,034,032,013 Yen?
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
Flavius Julius Valens Augustus
328–378 CE
Emperor, Arian, Martyr-maker
 

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,003
Reaction score
20
Points
38
Age
48
Location
Camulodunum
Watching Nigel Slater cook pork with blackberries. It looks like something out of a zombie flick.
 

genesisone

Archon
Joined
Aug 20, 2005
Messages
2,906
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
68
Location
Niagara Region, Ontario
Wife and daughter have driven up to Toronto to see a Blue Jays game. Just got a text from daughter (they're about to go into subway station): Did Mom leave her wallet at home?

(Yes, I found it.) Guess who drove without her licence? Anyway I'm happier daughter will drive home as it will likely be in a thunderstorm.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
genesisone said:
Wife and daughter have driven up to Toronto to see a Blue Jays game. Just got a text from daughter (they're about to go into subway station): Did Mom leave her wallet at home?

(Yes, I found it.) Guess who drove without her licence? Anyway I'm happier daughter will drive home as it will likely be in a thunderstorm.
Daughter a better driver?  ???
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
How much does a kitten cost, on average, to feed/etc. on a monthly basis?
 

genesisone

Archon
Joined
Aug 20, 2005
Messages
2,906
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
68
Location
Niagara Region, Ontario
Asteriktos said:
genesisone said:
Wife and daughter have driven up to Toronto to see a Blue Jays game. Just got a text from daughter (they're about to go into subway station): Did Mom leave her wallet at home?

(Yes, I found it.) Guess who drove without her licence? Anyway I'm happier daughter will drive home as it will likely be in a thunderstorm.
Daughter a better driver?  ???
Definitely. Just to be clear, she's no kid - she's 33. My wife has no sense of direction and is easily flustered when driving.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
It makes me mad when I see an adult treating their kids like crap.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,819
Reaction score
1
Points
36
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
What is a Lord of Misrule?  I was described as such in the Say something about the person above you thread and I don't know what it means.  I looked it up and it seems to be a reference to someone in charge of drunken revelry and wild partying in the pagan tradition of Saturnalia.  Is that the common definition of it?  I've never heard the term, so I was just curious.  I'm quite flattered that someone would think I am the life of any party, I'm usually the guy asleep in the corner.  :p
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
25
Location
Netherlands
TheTrisagion said:
I'm quite flattered that someone would think I am the life of any party, I'm usually the guy asleep in the corner.  :p
You party so hard that you pass out early  :)
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
25
Location
Netherlands
I have to write a speech for someone's birthday. Let's see if Demosthenes, Lysias or St. Gregory the Theologian can give me some help.
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Cyrillic said:
I have to write a speech for someone's birthday. Let's see if Demosthenes, Lysias or St. Gregory the Theologian can give me some help.
You could try something like this. Just take something like Christological definitions instead of the Quran. They'd love it.
 
Top