Random Postings

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
Who will be the first to attain 6,500 posts: Papist, Salpy or SolEX01?

Toumarches may be the highest level I attain on this forum.  I'm really trying to cut back and some of these discussions have been riveting....
What a fun contest. :)

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
In 2010, July, August and September show big gains in new members:

September 2010: 94 members
September 2009: 66 members

Increase: 42.4%

August 2010: 120 members
August 2009: 53 members

Increase: 126.4%

July 2010: 105 members
July 2009: 64 members

Increase: 64.1%

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
The football team at the high school I graduated from (Portage Area) has won 32 straight regular season games! Go Mustangs! ;D
A prep team here in my town just broke their streak of 24 straight losses to the same opponent.

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:

Toumarches may be the highest level I attain on this forum.  I'm really trying to cut back and some of these discussions have been riveting....
What are the levels and how many posts does it take to reach them?

Fabio Leite

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
vidaortodoxa.blogspot.com.br
Manga Jesus
http://www.culch.ie/2009/06/18/just-when-you-thought-jesus-couldnt-be-any-cooler/

{Edit - I've scaled down the image to make it more forum-friendly.  - Fr. George, Global Mod}

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
Papist said:
SolEX01 said:

What a fun contest. :)
I was the first to reach 6,500 posts, thanks to discussing the internal drama of two Churches in Salt Lake City.  :-\

theistgal

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's pouring down rain here in the beautiful San Fernando Valley (a long way from the nearest beach!), and I just heard the unmistakeable cry of a very lost-sounding seagull outside my window.

peccatorum

Reaction score
30 bottles of beer on the wall,
30 bottles of beer,
Take one down,
Pass it around
30 bottles of beer on the wall......

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Fr. George said:
Asteriktos - thanks for the Bones pic.  Great show (IMO).
Yeah, I agree :) Though I sometimes find that the point of this joke about CSI holds true for Bones as well (especially with Hodgins)...

Fabio Leite

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
vidaortodoxa.blogspot.com.br
synLeszka said:
My best friend has told me that he is sleeping with a 40 year-old woman who he met on the internet and who lives 180 km away in Silesia... I have no idea what to make of this.. She is his intoxication, he wastes all his money on her. I do not want to think about this but perhaps it is better not to judge, or is it?
If you are really close, you can, in an warm way, and stressing it's your opinion, comment with him that this is not a healthy relationship and explain why you think so. Don't press the issue, don't insist if he says he doesn't want your opinion, and, in case he allows you to explain why, pay attention to his reactions as you speak to know if it's not turning against your desired aim which is to be heard.

Don't return to the subject if he doesn't listen and, as a friend, be prepared to be by his side when things start going wrong. In the meantime, don't show your opposition to it or to his "friend", but don't force yourself to show support.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
Asteriktos said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Round 2 tonight...  Competing against speakers from as many as four clubs outside of my own.
How'd it go?
I won. ;D (My nerdy brand of humor got a lot of laughs. :laugh:) Next round: the division contest on October 21. If I win that, I go on to the District 7 finals.
Round 3 tonight. Got a lot of laughs throughout my final practice run last night, so I know I'm ready. ;D