• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I tore out the carpet at my grandmother's house and replaced it with wood flooring for her as a surprise while she's in Vegas. I hope she likes it; she's been wanting it for a while.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score

I didn't know that Astrektios is a Monarchist.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
celticfan1888 said:
Really down on my luck. In a foreign country with few friends and now I don't even have enough money to have a roof. Barely enough to eat.
Lord have mercy!

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Really down on my luck. In a foreign country with few friends and now I don't even have enough money to have a roof. Barely enough to eat.
Edward Snowden?  Is that you?

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Cyrillic said:
TheTrisagion said:
Asteriktos said:
Shall I start another game of Civ IV, or go to bed?
You should play Medieval II: Total War instead.
I'd totally beat you in M2TW.
lol, you probably would.  I'm good enough to beat the computer, but I've never played against anyone.
What would you say if I challenged you to a battle?

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Cyrillic said:
Scratch that, my discs are scratched beyond recognition.
Backing away in fear already, eh?  :D
Unless you acquired your copy, like me, through shady ways I'm afraid so. I wasn't in the mood to buy it a third time.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
TheTrisagion said:
Cyrillic said:
Scratch that, my discs are scratched beyond recognition.
Backing away in fear already, eh?  :D
Unless you acquired your copy, like me, through shady ways I'm afraid so. I wasn't in the mood to buy it a third time.
Well, truth be told, I got mine off of bit-torrent, so I don't even know if I can play multiplayer.  Yes, I know it is piracy.  Oh crap.

*waves at NSA snooper*

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
TheTrisagion said:
Cyrillic said:
Excellent!  Do you know how to use hamachi?
Huh?  *goes to google hamachi*
It basically allows you to play lan over the internet. If you can get it working we can play a game.
I will try to get it set up.  I wouldn't be able to do it until later though.  I'm at work now.  It is 2:20pm my time and my wife doesn't let me play computer games until around 8pm.  Not sure if you will be awake at that time.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
No idea what that is, so if it's what I thought it was (an undergrad, fourth year Civics class posing as fun), just go to bed.  :p
Only the greatest strategy game of all time!  :)

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Sitting here, all alone, with a lovely meal, a glass of white wine  and jazz in the radio.  :)

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
J Michael said:
Ansgar said:
Sitting here, all alone, with a lovely meal, a glass of white wine  and jazz in the radio.  :)
You got all that into a single radio?  Impressive, young man...very impressive! ;)
My radio always sounds better when it's drunk.  :)

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
a glass of white wine
Why?! Wine is for women.
I can't sit here, all by myself, and drink beer, especially not while listening to jazz. That's inappropriate.
I know it feels a bit heretical but it really shouldn't. Think of smoky secret bars during the Prohibition Era and their dandyish customers. There must have been lots of Jazz concerts in those.