• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,505
Reaction score
269
Points
83
Age
41
Asteriktos said:
Romaios said:
No offence to those who've already got them, but I've always thought tattoos to be the ultimate mark of poor taste.
I'm more offended by your "no offence..." intro than your opinion that it is in poor taste :)
I changed my mind!  I was never actually offended, but now I don't care about either part. I'm going to go listen to heavy metal and watch a horror movie now (poor taste ftw!)  ;D
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,834
Reaction score
17
Points
38
Age
41
Location
PA, USA
Asteriktos said:
Asteriktos said:
Romaios said:
No offence to those who've already got them, but I've always thought tattoos to be the ultimate mark of poor taste.
I'm more offended by your "no offence..." intro than your opinion that it is in poor taste :)
I changed my mind!  I was never actually offended, but now I don't care about either part. I'm going to go listen to heavy metal and watch a horror movie now (poor taste ftw!)  ;D
Sounds like your house is going to be a den of iniquity for a bit. Why not just read Anton Lavey and sacrifice goats on an altar while your at it?  ;D
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,505
Reaction score
269
Points
83
Age
41
Don't tell anyone, but I have to admit that I'm watching Project Runway right now (homosexual propaganda!), and am going to watch Breaking Bad next (glamorizing drug use!)... so the horror and metal won't start until after midnight, which, admittedly, is fitting. Now, I have no goats, but my neighbor does have a cat... . .
 

Romaios

Archon
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
2,940
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Asteriktos said:
I changed my mind!  I was never actually offended, but now I don't care about either part. I'm going to go listen to heavy metal and watch a horror movie now (poor taste ftw!)  ;D
Phile A-sterikte, you never disappoint!  :-*
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,834
Reaction score
17
Points
38
Age
41
Location
PA, USA
Asteriktos said:
Don't tell anyone, but I have to admit that I'm watching Project Runway right now (homosexual propaganda!), and am going to watch Breaking Bad next (glamorizing drug use!)... so the horror and metal won't start until after midnight, which, admittedly, is fitting. Now, I have no goats, but my neighbor does have a cat... . .
I shall pray that the demonic influence emanating from your house does not reach across state and curse me.
 

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
8,838
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
Romaios said:
William said:
I don't want to be cool. I am cool. And tattoos are cool. So we go together.
You'll stop being cool the minute they inject the first drop of ink into your skin. For good.  ;)
I have a reliquery:

If tattoos appeared on a relic, what would that represent?

Sounds like something for the OC.net Epilogue from Ochrid.
 

Romaios

Archon
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
2,940
Reaction score
0
Points
0
NicholasMyra said:
If tattoos appeared on a relic, what would that represent?
1. A criminal hand tattooed the relic - the Saint will avenge the profanation.

2. If the tattoo appeared spontaneously, the relic does not belong to a Saint, but to a cursed or heretic soul - a priest or the bishop himself must be summoned to read the funeral absolutions once more and it will naturally decompose.  ;D
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,505
Reaction score
269
Points
83
Age
41
Romaios said:
Asteriktos said:
I changed my mind!  I was never actually offended, but now I don't care about either part. I'm going to go listen to heavy metal and watch a horror movie now (poor taste ftw!)  ;D
Phile A-sterikte, you never disappoint!  :-*
An undeviating consistency in living up to my username is one of my hallmarks!  8)
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,405
Reaction score
120
Points
63
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
Somebody's got to have bad taste. How will everyone else know that their taste is better?
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Romaios said:
No offence to those who've already got them, but I've always thought tattoos to be the ultimate mark of poor taste.
For every 200 ugly as hell tattoos there is 1 that is somewhat decent.

Depends on the tats. I think they are trashy on a woman IMO.
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Every comment made in opposition to the acceptance of homosexuality is not made out of a phobia.  It's a neato burrito catch phrase and all, but it's wrong.
 

Ansgar

Archon
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
3,060
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
27
Should I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Seventh Seal tonight?
 

Ansgar

Archon
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
3,060
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
27
Mor Ephrem said:
Ansgar said:
Should I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Seventh Seal tonight?
The Seventh Seal, definitely.
Thank you. I was sort of leaning towards that one, but it has been ages since I last saw an Indiana Jones film.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,834
Reaction score
17
Points
38
Age
41
Location
PA, USA
Ansgar said:
Should I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Seventh Seal tonight?
I recommend Disney's Pocahontas.  I watched it last night with my daughters and it was exquisite. I get chills every time I hear the wisdom of Grandmother Willow.
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,210
Reaction score
364
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
Achronos said:
Romaios said:
No offence to those who've already got them, but I've always thought tattoos to be the ultimate mark of poor taste.
For every 200 ugly as hell tattoos there is 1 that is somewhat decent.

Depends on the tats. I think they are trashy on a woman IMO.
I agree that the vast majority of tattoos are ugly or just plain stupid.  Some women with tattoos can pull it off and look good with them.  The vast majority of women - not so much. 
 

Ansgar

Archon
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
3,060
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
27
TheTrisagion said:
Ansgar said:
Should I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Seventh Seal tonight?
I recommend Disney's Pocahontas.  I watched it last night with my daughters and it was exquisite. I get chills every time I hear the wisdom of Grandmother Willow.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not really in the hippy-mood today.
 

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,289
Reaction score
174
Points
63
Age
48
Location
Camulodunum
TheTrisagion said:
Ansgar said:
Should I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Seventh Seal tonight?
I recommend Disney's Pocahontas.  I watched it last night with my daughters and it was exquisite. I get chills every time I hear the wisdom of Grandmother Willow.
Pocahontas is one of my favourite Disney flicks, despite criticism (haters gonna hate). So are The Three Musketeers. Too many people treat it too seriously.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,834
Reaction score
17
Points
38
Age
41
Location
PA, USA
Ansgar said:
TheTrisagion said:
Ansgar said:
Should I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Seventh Seal tonight?
I recommend Disney's Pocahontas.  I watched it last night with my daughters and it was exquisite. I get chills every time I hear the wisdom of Grandmother Willow.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not really in the hippy-mood today.
I don't know what you are talking about.


Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned?
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains?
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?

The rainstorm and the river are my brothers
The heron and the otter are my friends
And we are all connected to each other
In a circle, in a hoop that never ends
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,210
Reaction score
364
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
Arachne said:
TheTrisagion said:
Ansgar said:
Should I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Seventh Seal tonight?
I recommend Disney's Pocahontas.  I watched it last night with my daughters and it was exquisite. I get chills every time I hear the wisdom of Grandmother Willow.
Pocahontas is one of my favourite Disney flicks, despite criticism (haters gonna hate). So are The Three Musketeers. Too many people treat it too seriously.
Pocahontas was pretty hot, but Jasmine, or even Jane from Tarzan, is better.  But I'm not a cartoon, so ignore my nonsense.
 

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,289
Reaction score
174
Points
63
Age
48
Location
Camulodunum
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
TheTrisagion said:
Ansgar said:
Should I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Seventh Seal tonight?
I recommend Disney's Pocahontas.  I watched it last night with my daughters and it was exquisite. I get chills every time I hear the wisdom of Grandmother Willow.
Pocahontas is one of my favourite Disney flicks, despite criticism (haters gonna hate). So are The Three Musketeers. Too many people treat it too seriously.
Pocahontas was pretty hot, but Jasmine, or even Jane from Tarzan, is better.  But I'm not a cartoon, so ignore my nonsense.
You forgot Meg. ;)
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,210
Reaction score
364
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
Arachne said:
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
TheTrisagion said:
Ansgar said:
Should I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Seventh Seal tonight?
I recommend Disney's Pocahontas.  I watched it last night with my daughters and it was exquisite. I get chills every time I hear the wisdom of Grandmother Willow.
Pocahontas is one of my favourite Disney flicks, despite criticism (haters gonna hate). So are The Three Musketeers. Too many people treat it too seriously.
Pocahontas was pretty hot, but Jasmine, or even Jane from Tarzan, is better.  But I'm not a cartoon, so ignore my nonsense.
You forgot Meg. ;)
Ah, yes, the temptress causing noble Hercules' fall.  You're right.  I did forget. ;)  I just didn't like that movie.
 

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,289
Reaction score
174
Points
63
Age
48
Location
Camulodunum
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
TheTrisagion said:
Ansgar said:
Should I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Seventh Seal tonight?
I recommend Disney's Pocahontas.  I watched it last night with my daughters and it was exquisite. I get chills every time I hear the wisdom of Grandmother Willow.
Pocahontas is one of my favourite Disney flicks, despite criticism (haters gonna hate). So are The Three Musketeers. Too many people treat it too seriously.
Pocahontas was pretty hot, but Jasmine, or even Jane from Tarzan, is better.  But I'm not a cartoon, so ignore my nonsense.
You forgot Meg. ;)
Ah, yes, the temptress causing noble Hercules' fall.  You're right.  I did forget. ;)  I just didn't like that movie.
There was a time when my son wanted to see it Every. Day. I consoled myself with the Muses' prowess. ;D
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,210
Reaction score
364
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
Arachne said:
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
TheTrisagion said:
Ansgar said:
Should I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Seventh Seal tonight?
I recommend Disney's Pocahontas.  I watched it last night with my daughters and it was exquisite. I get chills every time I hear the wisdom of Grandmother Willow.
Pocahontas is one of my favourite Disney flicks, despite criticism (haters gonna hate). So are The Three Musketeers. Too many people treat it too seriously.
Pocahontas was pretty hot, but Jasmine, or even Jane from Tarzan, is better.  But I'm not a cartoon, so ignore my nonsense.
You forgot Meg. ;)
Ah, yes, the temptress causing noble Hercules' fall.  You're right.  I did forget. ;)  I just didn't like that movie.
There was a time when my son wanted to see it Every. Day. I consoled myself with the Muses' prowess. ;D
I watched Toy Story every day for almost 2 months.  I can sympathize.  My friend and I could recite half the movie by memory.  I wish I could recite something more useful.  Like, more than three telephone numbers.
 

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,289
Reaction score
174
Points
63
Age
48
Location
Camulodunum
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
TheTrisagion said:
Ansgar said:
Should I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Seventh Seal tonight?
I recommend Disney's Pocahontas.  I watched it last night with my daughters and it was exquisite. I get chills every time I hear the wisdom of Grandmother Willow.
Pocahontas is one of my favourite Disney flicks, despite criticism (haters gonna hate). So are The Three Musketeers. Too many people treat it too seriously.
Pocahontas was pretty hot, but Jasmine, or even Jane from Tarzan, is better.  But I'm not a cartoon, so ignore my nonsense.
You forgot Meg. ;)
Ah, yes, the temptress causing noble Hercules' fall.  You're right.  I did forget. ;)  I just didn't like that movie.
There was a time when my son wanted to see it Every. Day. I consoled myself with the Muses' prowess. ;D
I watched Toy Story every day for almost 2 months.  I can sympathize.  My friend and I could recite half the movie by memory.  I wish I could recite something more useful.  Like, more than three telephone numbers.
That would definitely be impressive. I can only remember two.

Over last Christmas break, there was one particular day when we watched the entire Kung Fu Panda franchise (two feature movies, holiday special and the two Secrets of... specials). It was fun, as I hadn't seen any of them before, but by the end of the day we adults were dangerously close to OD zone.
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,210
Reaction score
364
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
Arachne said:
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
hecma925 said:
Arachne said:
TheTrisagion said:
Ansgar said:
Should I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark or the Seventh Seal tonight?
I recommend Disney's Pocahontas.  I watched it last night with my daughters and it was exquisite. I get chills every time I hear the wisdom of Grandmother Willow.
Pocahontas is one of my favourite Disney flicks, despite criticism (haters gonna hate). So are The Three Musketeers. Too many people treat it too seriously.
Pocahontas was pretty hot, but Jasmine, or even Jane from Tarzan, is better.  But I'm not a cartoon, so ignore my nonsense.
You forgot Meg. ;)
Ah, yes, the temptress causing noble Hercules' fall.  You're right.  I did forget. ;)  I just didn't like that movie.
There was a time when my son wanted to see it Every. Day. I consoled myself with the Muses' prowess. ;D
I watched Toy Story every day for almost 2 months.  I can sympathize.  My friend and I could recite half the movie by memory.  I wish I could recite something more useful.  Like, more than three telephone numbers.
That would definitely be impressive. I can only remember two.

Over last Christmas break, there was one particular day when we watched the entire Kung Fu Panda franchise (two feature movies, holiday special and the two Secrets of... specials). It was fun, as I hadn't seen any of them before, but by the end of the day we adults were dangerously close to OD zone.
I've done the TV/movie OD several times.  My friend and I watched 5 movies at the cinema/theater and we were almost dead afterwards.  My wife and I saw the first two seasons of Homeland in a single day.  I was bushed by the second to last episode.  I don't even really remember what happened at the end.
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
The quotes in my signature are often so obscure that when you google them the first hit will be OC.net.
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,210
Reaction score
364
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
Cyrillic said:
The quotes in my signature are often so obscure that when you google them the first hit will be OC.net.
Especially literature in its original language.  Who reads anymore?
 

sheenj

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
1,429
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
28
J Michael said:
hecma925 said:
Cyrillic said:
The quotes in my signature are often so obscure that when you google them the first hit will be OC.net.
Especially literature in its original language.  Who reads anymore?
Who wrote that, anyway?  I tried looking on Amazon for it, but.... ???
The quote in Cyrillic's Signature? Unless he changed it since you posted, it's an excerpt from The Count of Monte Christo by Alexandre Dumas.
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,210
Reaction score
364
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
sheenj said:
J Michael said:
hecma925 said:
Cyrillic said:
The quotes in my signature are often so obscure that when you google them the first hit will be OC.net.
Especially literature in its original language.  Who reads anymore?
Who wrote that, anyway?  I tried looking on Amazon for it, but.... ???
The quote in Cyrillic's Signature? Unless he changed it since you posted, it's an excerpt from The Count of Monte Christo by Alexandre Dumas.
A wonderful book full of win, as the kids say.
 

J Michael

Toumarches
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
11,549
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
People's Soviet Socialist Republic of Marylan
J Michael said:
hecma925 said:
Cyrillic said:
The quotes in my signature are often so obscure that when you google them the first hit will be OC.net.
Especially literature in its original language.  Who reads anymore?
Who wrote that, anyway?  I tried looking on Amazon for it, but.... ???
Uh...nooooo......I'm referring to the book entitled, in lower case letters (very creative, btw) "anymore".  Or, is that the author's name? ;D
 

sheenj

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
1,429
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
28
J Michael said:
J Michael said:
hecma925 said:
Cyrillic said:
The quotes in my signature are often so obscure that when you google them the first hit will be OC.net.
Especially literature in its original language.  Who reads anymore?
Who wrote that, anyway?  I tried looking on Amazon for it, but.... ???
Uh...nooooo......I'm referring to the book entitled, in lower case letters (very creative, btw) "anymore".  Or, is that the author's name? ;D
I'm going with e. e. cummings parodying Edgar Allen Poe.
 
Top