Random Postings

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
cleveland said:
You deserve a pat on the back for starting this thread!  May you live to see it reach 100,000 posts of its own!
And how much of our lives would that goal require to completely waste? ;)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
greekischristian said:
And how much of our lives would that goal require to completely waste? ;)
Well, you tell me: factor in how much time you and I have wasted on this thread, then multiply it by 8 or 9 (since you and I seem to have contributed about 1,000 posts to the effort) and you've got how much time you and I will continue to waste here (assuming we take up the same percentage of the posting...)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This Saturday (Dec 30) will be the one-year anniversary of the day when we posted 131 posts in this thread (ahem - 131 posts in one day in one thread - truly a masterful waste of time and e-space)... There were another 9 or 10 posts in the first few hours of the 31st (before 2 or 3am).

Marat

Elder
Reaction score
cleveland said:
This Saturday (Dec 30) will be the one-year anniversary of the day when we posted 131 posts in this thread (ahem - 131 posts in one day in one thread - truly a masterful waste of time and e-space)... There were another 9 or 10 posts in the first few hours of the 31st (before 2 or 3am).
I think we should try and break the record. I have no life and am willing to help.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
There's an MXC marathon on Spike. Why is anyone here posting!? Must be here during commercials like me.  ;D

Marat

Elder
Reaction score
I'm listening to disco music tonight while on the board. I was born too late to really know it when it was current music.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I've always been afraid of disco. The lights, the hair, the outfits... *shrivers*   :p  ;D  Just kidding, though I was a metal head, so disco was kind of anathema to me.

I'm just sittin' here playing Age of Empires 2 on my new DS Lite. It's better than I thought it would be. One can only hope that it will pave the way for other strategy games to come over to the consoles and hand helds, like Civilization. I saw an interview where Sid said it wasn't out of the question and they'd explore their options in the coming years... though I guess he'd probably say that even if he had no intention of doing a port.

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
Marat said:
And I believe in the HOly Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life, who proceedeth from the Father and the thread!  Is that better or worse than from the Son? ???

Scamandrius

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Down in hell
that fiery sea
they all long
for purgatory

? :)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
wow.... "plaything of the devil..." incredible.  it's sad to see good people here sprayed with venom just because the snake has no where else to shoot it...

eh....

you know what I hear helps counteract venom?

(picking up where one left off)

47 bottles of Edmund FitzGerald on the wall
47 bottles of beer
take one down
pass it around
46 bottles of beer on the wall

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Call me, Archon.*

2,500 posts, woo hoo! I am now a certifiable net geek! What I don't get is why my name changed color when I was still a couple dozen posts short of 2,500. Ahh well, who cares? Anyone? Didn't think so.

*One of my favorite Married with children moments. Kelly comes in with a book in her hand, and bud asks her how Moby Dick is so far. "Ok" she says, "except one thing". "What's that?" Bud asks. "Call who Ishmael?"

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Did you know that the "Extra-cetological Works of Melville" are everthing that he wrote that *wasn't* "Moby Dick"?  (A college roommate was going for a Ph.D in English and M.D. was one of the books that *all* of the grad students had to read, even if one was working on a degree in Anglo-Saxon and Old Norse.  :D

Ebor

(Welcome to Archon-dom.  ;)  Shall we beam down, captain?)

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
It's been so long ago, that I've forgotten.  :D

We'll have to apply to the High Ones of the Forum for that information, I think.

Ebor

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
So, Mr. Moderator, will the powers that be make another title once a sufficient number of people start getting towards 4,000? Maybe emperor/empress?  ;D