• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
1
Points
0
During last ten years it's been maybe two times that I went to a barber. I'd like to cut my hair but I'm having a huuuge crisis over it. I've been long-haired for too long.
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
Alpo said:
During last ten years it's been maybe two times that I went to a barber. I'd like to cut my hair but I'm having a huuuge crisis over it. I've been long-haired for too long.
Don't do it. Long hair is better.
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
J Michael said:
hecma925 said:
Achronos said:
I hate everybody who does this.
Whenever I see this, I think the parents are really saying, "Follow me to my house and kidnap my children.  Please."
Interesting line of thought.  When I see it, I think they're saying, "Follow me to my house and kidnap my pets to make them for dinner."  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:


Actually, the ONLY place I've ever seen that is on this board.  Why would that be, I wonder? 8)
You've only seen people kidnap eachother's pets for food on OC.net? You really do live under a rock. Help yourself to a kitten and start cooking.
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Cyrillic said:
Alpo said:
During last ten years it's been maybe two times that I went to a barber. I'd like to cut my hair but I'm having a huuuge crisis over it. I've been long-haired for too long.
Don't do it. Long hair is better.
It's fairly easy and cheap as one doesn't really have to do anything for long hair. At least if we're talking about men, that is. But it would be fun to something else for a change. I can grow them back if I'm not satisfied.

But still. :eek:
 

J Michael

Toumarches
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
11,549
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
People's Soviet Socialist Republic of Marylan
Cyrillic said:
J Michael said:
hecma925 said:
Achronos said:
I hate everybody who does this.
Whenever I see this, I think the parents are really saying, "Follow me to my house and kidnap my children.  Please."
Interesting line of thought.  When I see it, I think they're saying, "Follow me to my house and kidnap my pets to make them for dinner."  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:


Actually, the ONLY place I've ever seen that is on this board.  Why would that be, I wonder? 8)
You've only seen people kidnap eachother's pets for food on OC.net? You really do live under a rock. Help yourself to a kitten and start cooking.
I would NEVER kill, cook, and eat a kitten.  You must be a heathen to even suggest such barbarism!!!!  Now, a puppy...............I'll bet hecma925 might have some good recipes.  Well, maybe not.  I seem to recall he's a dog person (
)  ;D.  Or, perhaps you do. ;D ;D
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,834
Reaction score
17
Points
38
Age
41
Location
PA, USA
Alpo said:
Cyrillic said:
Alpo said:
During last ten years it's been maybe two times that I went to a barber. I'd like to cut my hair but I'm having a huuuge crisis over it. I've been long-haired for too long.
Don't do it. Long hair is better.
It's fairly easy and cheap as one doesn't really have to do anything for long hair. At least if we're talking about men, that is. But it would be fun to something else for a change. I can grow them back if I'm not satisfied.

But still. :eek:
My hair is so short that I once had a guy come up to be after DL and thank me for my service in the military.  Yeah, that was awkward...
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,190
Reaction score
348
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
I personally don't have any recipes for dog or cat, but as I have related in a nother thread, I strongly suspect that I have already eaten some feline and canine delicacies.  I didn't get sick and I ate it all, whatever it was.  When you think of the cultures that prepare dog/cat in their cuisine and the types of seasoning/preparations that are done, it makes sense.  Sunday roast cat with Yorkshire pudding or dog spaghetti doesn't sound appetizing.  But cat egg roll?  Szechuan dog?  I could go for that.  Lots of veggies, tasty sauces, some kimchi maybe (Right, J Michael? ;D); that can cover up any distinct feline/canine flavor that could have possibly been there.

I have prepared and eaten stewed squirrel.  It was ok.  Maybe an Asian-type preparation would have been more appetizing.
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,190
Reaction score
348
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
TheTrisagion said:
Alpo said:
Cyrillic said:
Alpo said:
During last ten years it's been maybe two times that I went to a barber. I'd like to cut my hair but I'm having a huuuge crisis over it. I've been long-haired for too long.
Don't do it. Long hair is better.
It's fairly easy and cheap as one doesn't really have to do anything for long hair. At least if we're talking about men, that is. But it would be fun to something else for a change. I can grow them back if I'm not satisfied.

But still. :eek:
My hair is so short that I once had a guy come up to be after DL and thank me for my service in the military.  Yeah, that was awkward...
I hope you at least gave a firm handshake.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,834
Reaction score
17
Points
38
Age
41
Location
PA, USA
hecma925 said:
I personally don't have any recipes for dog or cat, but as I have related in a nother thread, I strongly suspect that I have already eaten some feline and canine delicacies.  I didn't get sick and I ate it all, whatever it was.  When you think of the cultures that prepare dog/cat in their cuisine and the types of seasoning/preparations that are done, it makes sense.  Sunday roast cat with Yorkshire pudding or dog spaghetti doesn't sound appetizing.  But cat egg roll?  Szechuan dog?  I could go for that.  Lots of veggies, tasty sauces, some kimchi maybe (Right, J Michael? ;D); that can cover up any distinct feline/canine flavor that could have possibly been there.

I have prepared and eaten stewed squirrel.  It was ok.  Maybe an Asian-type preparation would have been more appetizing.
I ate guinea pig when I was in Peru. It was not as good as I was hoping.  :(
 

J Michael

Toumarches
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
11,549
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
People's Soviet Socialist Republic of Marylan
TheTrisagion said:
hecma925 said:
I personally don't have any recipes for dog or cat, but as I have related in a nother thread, I strongly suspect that I have already eaten some feline and canine delicacies.  I didn't get sick and I ate it all, whatever it was.  When you think of the cultures that prepare dog/cat in their cuisine and the types of seasoning/preparations that are done, it makes sense.  Sunday roast cat with Yorkshire pudding or dog spaghetti doesn't sound appetizing.  But cat egg roll?  Szechuan dog?  I could go for that.  Lots of veggies, tasty sauces, some kimchi maybe (Right, J Michael? ;D); that can cover up any distinct feline/canine flavor that could have possibly been there.

I have prepared and eaten stewed squirrel.  It was ok.  Maybe an Asian-type preparation would have been more appetizing.
I ate guinea pig when I was in Peru. It was not as good as I was hoping.  :(
Probably because it wasn't sprinkled with a quality ear wax.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
TheTrisagion said:
hecma925 said:
I personally don't have any recipes for dog or cat, but as I have related in a nother thread, I strongly suspect that I have already eaten some feline and canine delicacies.  I didn't get sick and I ate it all, whatever it was.  When you think of the cultures that prepare dog/cat in their cuisine and the types of seasoning/preparations that are done, it makes sense.  Sunday roast cat with Yorkshire pudding or dog spaghetti doesn't sound appetizing.  But cat egg roll?  Szechuan dog?  I could go for that.  Lots of veggies, tasty sauces, some kimchi maybe (Right, J Michael? ;D); that can cover up any distinct feline/canine flavor that could have possibly been there.

I have prepared and eaten stewed squirrel.  It was ok.  Maybe an Asian-type preparation would have been more appetizing.
I ate guinea pig when I was in Peru. It was not as good as I was hoping.  :(
This is where I post my favorite last supper painting yet again:


 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,834
Reaction score
17
Points
38
Age
41
Location
PA, USA
I saw that piece of art in person.  Actually, I attended Mass at the Cathedral where it hangs.  I was also smacked by a guy with a stick for putting my hands in my pockets after Mass.  Apparently, they take that pretty seriously.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
TheTrisagion said:
I saw that piece of art in person.  Actually, I attended Mass at the Cathedral where it hangs.  I was also smacked by a guy with a stick for putting my hands in my pockets after Mass.  Apparently, they take that pretty seriously.
Having lived in the building trades for a while, it is an act punishable by getting hit with a blunt object.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,834
Reaction score
17
Points
38
Age
41
Location
PA, USA
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
I saw that piece of art in person.  Actually, I attended Mass at the Cathedral where it hangs.  I was also smacked by a guy with a stick for putting my hands in my pockets after Mass.  Apparently, they take that pretty seriously.
Having lived in the building trades for a while, it is an act punishable by getting hit with a blunt object.
My hands were cold, they should cut a guy some slack.  :laugh:
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
I saw that piece of art in person.  Actually, I attended Mass at the Cathedral where it hangs.  I was also smacked by a guy with a stick for putting my hands in my pockets after Mass.  Apparently, they take that pretty seriously.
Having lived in the building trades for a while, it is an act punishable by getting hit with a blunt object.
My hands were cold, they should cut a guy some slack.  :laugh:
Especially then, the whole point was not to have your hands in pockets when you slipped and fell. We actually did see a guy hit ice and crack his skull open. He was drunk and with hands deep into his pockets.
 

J Michael

Toumarches
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
11,549
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
People's Soviet Socialist Republic of Marylan
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
I saw that piece of art in person.  Actually, I attended Mass at the Cathedral where it hangs.  I was also smacked by a guy with a stick for putting my hands in my pockets after Mass.  Apparently, they take that pretty seriously.
Having lived in the building trades for a while, it is an act punishable by getting hit with a blunt object.
My hands were cold, they should cut a guy some slack.  :laugh:
I knew this Orthodox priest who would positively rail at anyone in Church (usually males) with hands in their pockets.  He never went so far as to smack them, but his words and looks could do far more damage. ::)
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,190
Reaction score
348
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
Is it just me or is the "OrthoDOX motivATiOnal posT(H)E(O)rs" thread not very motivating lately?
 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
20,190
Reaction score
348
Points
83
Age
159
Location
The South
My 1776th post had to do with the unreliable statistics of child hunger in the US.  'MERICA.
 

Ansgar

Archon
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
3,060
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
27
There is a nice church in the Middle of Brasov, that I love to vist. It is so peaceful.  :)
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Ughhhhhhh I hate that I gotta wait until Wednesday for my new work headphones. I forgot Guitar Center price matches amazon.com

I really hope these Sony's are all the hype. I never buy from large companies like them, but all studio musicians use em either for recording, tracking, mixing and mastering. The freq response is supposedly flat.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Has anyone ever told stories or something to someone and they think you are full of crap and no longer trust you, even if what you told them is the truth?

Or even if you made a "factual" mistake and meant something else, you lose credibility?

This happened today when explaining my situation a few years ago. Nobody believes I worked 10 hr's a week for basically scraps. Some dude actually calculated the money I was making and called me out on it. Like wth? How am I suposoed to know exactly from 5 years ago?
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,834
Reaction score
17
Points
38
Age
41
Location
PA, USA
Achronos said:
Has anyone ever told stories or something to someone and they think you are full of crap and no longer trust you, even if what you told them is the truth?

Or even if you made a "factual" mistake and meant something else, you lose credibility?

This happened today when explaining my situation a few years ago. Nobody believes I worked 10 hr's a week for basically scraps. Some dude actually calculated the money I was making and called me out on it. Like wth? How am I suposoed to know exactly from 5 years ago?
These situations are best rectified telling everyone that you are a former MMA fighter and then punch the guy who called you out in the throat.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
Lou Reed is dead. Wow.
He did one decent song at least. More than most folks, so he should be happy.
sunday morning
brings the dawn in
it's just a restless feeling
by my side

early dawning
sunday morning
it's all the wasted years
so close behind

watch out the world's behind you
there's always someone around you
who will call
it's nothing at all

sunday morning
and I'm falling
I've got {a} feeling
I don't want to know

early dawning
sunday morning
it's all the streets you've crossed
not so long ago

watch out the world's behind you
there's always someone around you
who will call
it's nothing at all
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
Lou Reed is dead. Wow.
He did one decent song at least. More than most folks, so he should be happy.
sunday morning
brings the dawn in
it's just a restless feeling
by my side

early dawning
sunday morning
it's all the wasted years
so close behind

watch out the world's behind you
there's always someone around you
who will call
it's nothing at all

sunday morning
and I'm falling
I've got {a} feeling
I don't want to know

early dawning
sunday morning
it's all the streets you've crossed
not so long ago

watch out the world's behind you
there's always someone around you
who will call
it's nothing at all
I was thinking about heroin.

A drug song that actually makes present what it is like to use the drug its going on and on about. Worst drug song? Cocaine by that hack.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
LOL @ your .sig.

When I saw your profile nonsense yesterday, I was like: will Achronos ever learn?

I stopped asking if the people around here will.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
orthonorm said:
LOL @ your .sig.

When I saw your profile nonsense yesterday, I was like: will Achronos ever learn?

I stopped asking if the people around here will.
Out of respect for Liza, since I like her, I removed it.

Heroin is great.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
LOL @ your .sig.

When I saw your profile nonsense yesterday, I was like: will Achronos ever learn?

I stopped asking if the people around here will.
Out of respect for Liza, since I like her, I removed it.
Did you make that Anne Frank avatar?

Really, it would have been more sensible, if Holocaust Denial were more than a just a hobby of some members here.
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
36
Location
Omaha
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
LOL @ your .sig.

When I saw your profile nonsense yesterday, I was like: will Achronos ever learn?

I stopped asking if the people around here will.
Out of respect for Liza, since I like her, I removed it.
Did you make that Anne Frank avatar?

Really, it would have been more sensible, if Holocaust Denial were more than a just a hobby of some members here.
Is it ever anything more than a hobby?
 

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
16,298
Reaction score
84
Points
48
Location
Detroit
Website
protectress.org
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
LOL @ your .sig.

When I saw your profile nonsense yesterday, I was like: will Achronos ever learn?

I stopped asking if the people around here will.
Out of respect for Liza, since I like her, I removed it.

Heroin is great.
I appreciate you removing it.  I'm all for keeping peace on the Forum.

Heroin is not great.  No drug, that is used to merely cloud your thoughts and distract you from your real life is ever great.

 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
vamrat said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
LOL @ your .sig.

When I saw your profile nonsense yesterday, I was like: will Achronos ever learn?

I stopped asking if the people around here will.
Out of respect for Liza, since I like her, I removed it.
Did you make that Anne Frank avatar?

Really, it would have been more sensible, if Holocaust Denial were more than a just a hobby of some members here.
Is it ever anything more than a hobby?
Speaking of great documentaries, if you didn't know the punchline, Mr. Death: The Rise and Fall of Fred A. Leuchter, Jr., is amazing. If you know the punchline, it is amazing.

It is hard to argue that Errol Morris isn't the most important documentary filmmaker ever.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
LizaSymonenko said:
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
LOL @ your .sig.

When I saw your profile nonsense yesterday, I was like: will Achronos ever learn?

I stopped asking if the people around here will.
Out of respect for Liza, since I like her, I removed it.

Heroin is great.
I appreciate you removing it.  I'm all for keeping peace on the Forum.

Heroin is not great.  No drug, that is used to merely cloud your thoughts and distract you from your real life is ever great.
He is referring to a song. The kid doesn't even drink, I think.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
LizaSymonenko said:
Heroin is not great.
When in extreme pain, it is. Also when not.

But I've been terribly allergic for some decades now I guess.

And heroin once had one of the best introductory sentences for its entry in wikipedia for years. I tried hard to stop the busybodies from changing it, let's see if I can find it:

Felix Hoffmann, of Bayer in Elberfeld, Germany created heroin as a
medicine 11 days after inventing aspirin. Afraid of the possible side
effects of aspirin, Bayer registered heroin (probably from heroisch,
German for heroic, chosen because in field studies people using the
medicine felt "heroic") as a trademark.
That was 2004ish or so.
 
Top