Random Postings

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
You know...the thing that sucks is that with each post you only go up .003 on your average.  That stinks! 
Well, the average would go up if you had fewer posts!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
Your leniancy in this matter will never be forgotten!  God Save the....president?
Thank you.  Your prayers would be helpful to get me through the next semester....

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
I really want to beat you guys out...cuz I have nothing better to do.   ;D ;D
:eek:  You might need a hobby!  "nothing better to do" then post here?  Yoi!

;)

Ebor

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
This is my hobby....lol.   ;) ;D

You started this thread, so....lets consider that for a minute. 
I know. :) But I haven't been a driving force behind it continuing. 

And I have other hobbies too. Plus it's taken me a long time to make "archon" after all. 

Ebor

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
At least I controlled myself yesterday when I saw that we were only 2 threads short of 10,000 topics and didn't start a new one to point *that* out.  ;D

Ebor

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
SO...if I post less then my average will be higher? 

How does that work?  Should I have just limited myself to 2 more posts a day as Asterikos suggested? 

I really want to beat you guys out...cuz I have nothing better to do.  ;D ;D
Um, no.... I'm saying that each post would contribute more to your average if you had less to begin with - i.e. if you have 10 posts, then the next post would add 10% to your average (for one day).  If you have 3700 posts (ahem... yours truly) then each post does little to affect the posting average.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ebor said:
At least I controlled myself yesterday when I saw that we were only 2 threads short of 10,000 topics and didn't start a new one to point *that* out.  ;D

Ebor
A true scholar and gentleman!

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As a true random posting....I love the tags on this thread!

Are Leeds United every going to amount for anything ever again??

Such are the questions I ask myself....

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
And what about Naomi?.....

(sorry, a reference from early 70's educational TV)

Ebor

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ebor said:
And what about Naomi?.....

(sorry, a reference from early 70's educational TV)

Ebor
I'm attempting to choke back a comment about how old you would have to be to even live in the same time period as early 70s educational TV....let alone remember it.  ;)

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Postolowka said:
I'm attempting to choke back a comment about how old you would have to be to even live in the same time period as early 70s educational TV....let alone remember it.  ;)
No need to choke nor yet wonder, O Youth. I am 51 going on 52.  :D ;D ;)

( and the O youth part is joking, just to be clear.)

Ebor

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
This isn't a good joke, but was an inside joke of sorts. My friend's mom (Marge) was by no means an old woman, but she was in her 50's when we were in high school, and we used to joke around with her about age. Most of the jokes were biblically based (she was an exceedingly pious Christian), and she had a good sense of humor and knew that we were only joking. At first we joked about her being older than dirt. Then we moved on to a more sophisticated lame joke. We would say, in a God-like voice "And the Lord said: let there be Light!" followed by "Yeah, then Marge said, 'hey, who turned on that light?'" Hey, I didn't say it was funny. :)

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
I thought it was good too!  Definately got a laugh out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(exclamations points from this point forward are for Ebor (aka grand-archon))

I always used to tell my mom that she was so old that she used to play with the dinasours.  Or she played with Dragons, since at the age of 4-5 they for sure existed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
I thought it was good too!  Definately got a laugh out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(exclamations points from this point forward are for Ebor (aka grand-archon))
Oh, I am not worthy of *that* title, being a newly minted archon.  There are posters far beyond me in the post count.  ;D

I always used to tell my mom that she was so old that she used to play with the dinasours.  Or she played with Dragons, since at the age of 4-5 they for sure existed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine have only said that once or twice.  But I remember saying something similar to *my* parents who are now in their 80's.

Ebor

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ebor said:
No need to choke nor yet wonder, O Youth. I am 51 going on 52.  :D ;D ;)

( and the O youth part is joking, just to be clear.)

Ebor
Oh, not old at all then.....

Veniamin

Archon
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
I wonder how many of those "your old" jokes people know?  Anyone know some good ones? 
While I was a church camp counselor a few years back, we had one guy who was way older than the rest of us (even older than the camp director) at 28.  We told the kids that he was so old he'd been Jesus' first camp counselor...

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
LOL!!!  That one was really funny too!!!!!!!!!!!!  The Jesus one was good too!!!!!!!! 

Ebor,

I'll give titles who whomever I want!  Usually there is suppost to be a council in these things in the thread, but since none of the other "watchers of overstepping" have posted recently, I thought i'd take this opportunity to make a jump!!!!!!!! 

I think the exclemation points might get annoying after a while huh...?  Let me know!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
Ebor,

I'll give titles who whomever I want!  Usually there is suppost to be a council in these things in the thread, but since none of the other "watchers of overstepping" have posted recently, I thought i'd take this opportunity to make a jump!!!!!!!! 

I think the exclemation points might get annoying after a while huh...?  Let me know!!!!!!!!!!   ;)

I'd be more concerned about you getting damage to your fingers from holding down the !!! key too much.  :D

Thank you for the title then. I will bow to your granditude. (if I make it to 3000 posts might I become an "uber-archon"? As a gamer, 'uber' is a significant word.  :) )

Ebor

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Uber is an awesome word!  In German it just means "over" so I wonder if we can translate it literally and make you Arch-Archon....they may be a little redundant huh?? 

As I was re-reading some of these posts i'm really amazed at how wonderfully random this thread is.  This was and is a real work of genious!  ;D ;D ;D

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As a new hobby....click on the Users online section and look at the threads the "guests" are checking out.  I know, I know, they are search bots....great stuff.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I really enjoy doing that. I love going back and seeing what people were saying two or three years ago.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
Uber is an awesome word!  In German it just means "over" so I wonder if we can translate it literally and make you Arch-Archon....they may be a little redundant huh?? 

As I was re-reading some of these posts i'm really amazed at how wonderfully random this thread is.  This was and is a real work of genious!  ;D ;D ;D
Your bestowing of titles, regardless of how appropriate they are, troubles me young Paduan.  You seek and desire greatness, but have not yet put in the work to facilitate it.

Otherwise, your characterization of Ebor as "Super" or "Uber" Archon is appropriate, not based on volume but on quality... And starting this wonderful thread :)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone (PA), but I've always had weird sleeping patterns. I just figured that "good night" was as random as you could get. 8)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Eastern Time Zone (PA), but I've always had weird sleeping patterns. I just figured that "good night" was as random as you could get. 8)
I remembered that you live near the 'Burgh right after I wrote it (which is why I deleted the question from my post).  And, yes, I suppose it is - especially 4 hours after everyone else went to bed!!!

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I really enjoy doing that. I love going back and seeing what people were saying two or three years ago.
It is also a learning experience.  Typically my past experience with forums I usually follow starting with the day I begin my visits, with no thought for the previous threads before I began to amaze everyone with my brilliance. ;)

I also have been asking more questions then I previously did with exploring faiths (besides the one I am converting from).

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
cleveland said:
Otherwise, your characterization of Ebor as "Super" or "Uber" Archon is appropriate, not based on volume but on quality... And starting this wonderful thread :)
<look down and scuffle shoe in the dirt> <blush>  :D

Ebor

(Well, at least both Eldar/Hobbits and super-heros can wear cloaks.  ;) )

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I do that sometimes myself.  IT can be quite interesting (and sometimes entertaining) to compare then and now.

Ebor