Random Postings

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Been there, done that. I had this amazing (prideful, much?) post for a woman who was losing faith in God and the website did the same thing. I was so frustrated that I walked away.

I'm glad this website will let me copy my posts, even as it is trying to post my response.

Saint Iaint

High Elder
Reaction score
Website
www.christconquers.wordpress.com
Firefox (open-source browser) has a free add-on called 'Lazarus' which saves everything you type for just such instances.

When something unexpected like that happens... all you have to do is right-click in the (now empty) form field and Lazarus will 'resurrect' your lost posting.

It has saved me at least twice recently that I can recall... just another reason why I love Firefox.

(I don't really care much for the symbol the developers have chosen for their logo though... For some reason they're using an Egyptian ankh. Maybe I'll see if I can get them to change it to a real Cross.)

†IC XC†
†NI KA†

Friul

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Loc
Website
www.iheu.org
Saint Iaint said:
(I don't really care much for the symbol the developers have chosen for their logo though... For some reason they're using an Egyptian ankh. Maybe I'll see if I can get them to change it to a real Cross.)
Ankh symbolises both life (original meaning) and freedom (Loghan's Run).

Saint Iaint

High Elder
Reaction score
Website
Entscheidungsproblem said:
Saint Iaint said:
Ankh symbolises both life (original meaning) and freedom (Loghan's Run).
OK... But wouldn't an actual Christian Cross better represent a software add-on called 'Lazarus'?

†IC XC†
†NI KA†

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
On a somewhat related note, I kind of like ankhs. I used to pray that I was Egyptian goddess when I was a child (see how much sense that makes for a child in Catholic school  ::)).

Saint Iaint

High Elder
Reaction score
Website
IsmiLiora said:
On a somewhat related note, I kind of like ankhs. I used to pray that I was Egyptian goddess when I was a child (see how much sense that makes for a child in Catholic school  ::)).
Don't get me wrong - I don't really particularly have any problem with the ankh in and of itself...

I just don't see how it has anything to do with Lazarus.

Lazarus was raised by Christ -not some Egyptian goddess!

Isn't it funny though how the dreams of little girls can bring a smile to your face; and to your heart?

†IC XC†
†NI KA†

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Saint Iaint said:
IsmiLiora said:
Don't get me wrong - I don't really particularly have any problem with the ankh in and of itself...

I just don't see how it has anything to do with Lazarus.

Lazarus was raised by Christ -not some Egyptian goddess!

Isn't it funny though how the dreams of little girls can bring a smile to your face; and to your heart?

†IC XC†
†NI KA†
Some ancient Egyptian Christians seemed to have "Christened" the ankh, as is noticed here in this Coptic Christian codex in the 4th to 5th century:

Friul

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.iheu.org
Saint Iaint said:
OK... But wouldn't an actual Christian Cross better represent a software add-on called 'Lazarus'?
To most, Lazarus is merely a literary allusion now.  Who performed what doesn't matter. 

The Ankh represents more than just the biblical story, it represents the philosophy of Firefox, in addition to the purpose of the extension.  Plus, sci-fi references are always welcomed, rather encouraged, within the open-source world.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
http://uploads.ungrounded.net/525000/525347_scale_of_universe_ng.swf

Absolutely incredible.  View the Universe, from a fraction of a yoctometre, to hundreds of yottametres.
I approve of this geekery!  :)

Friul

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.iheu.org
Asteriktos said:
http://uploads.ungrounded.net/525000/525347_scale_of_universe_ng.swf

Absolutely incredible.  View the Universe, from a fraction of a yoctometre, to hundreds of yottametres.
I approve of this geekery!  :)
:laugh:

----------------

Cowboys & Aliens better not disappoint this summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH7KZD5vGBY

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I competed in my Toastmasters area speech evaluation contest tonight. I got disqualified for going too long. :( Oh well. Regardless of how well I did tonight, I couldn't compete in the next round, anyway, since that's scheduled for Holy Thursday. Good learning experience for me, though.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Someone with 16,874 posts talked too much? I can't believe it!  :p  Seriously though, good luck next time!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
^ How why come it is that you are being going to Athens?

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
We just got coupons to Steak & Shake in the mail they expire after Pascha! Yay! Cutting them out immediately.  :D

I also got my Mad Men Season 4 DVD in the mail yesterday (the only DVD I've ever pre-ordered...well, besides NCIS Season 7!). Hopefully after work I can watch an episode or two.
My son who is in his last semester of college goes to Mad Men parties. Everyone dress in period clothes as best they can. Thin ties for the guys, lots of makeup and pearls for the Women, etc. Then they all watch the show together when it comes on.