Random Postings

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
celticfan1888 said:
I would just like to say, I'm fairly new to this site, but it is fair dinkum. OC.net rocks. lol
I'm curious to know how many people do or do not know what this means, hahah.
Of course we know what it means!

[Frantically searches Google...]  ;)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I gave Google Chrome a test drive, but didn't much care for it, so I moved on to Firefox. I thought Firefox said it was importing my bookmarks and whatnot, but they are nowhere to be found...  ???

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Screw it, I'm going back to the slave master. Microsoft will fix things and I'll be a content little slave again. Firefox and Chrome are just way too inferior.  ;D

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Just curious about why you didn't like Google Chrome?

I'd rather eat rusty nails for a week than go back to IE! (But I'd go back to IE in a heartbeat if I had to choose between a Mac and any other computer...hahaha  :D)

I do love my Zune, though, so Microsoft isn't all that bad.

CBGardner

High Elder
Site Supporter
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Just curious about why you didn't like Google Chrome?

I'd rather eat rusty nails for a week than go back to IE! (But I'd go back to IE in a heartbeat if I had to choose between a Mac and any other computer...hahaha  :D)

I do love my Zune, though, so Microsoft isn't all that bad.
Actually IE9 is pretty sweet! I used to swear by Chrome but I use a lot of government websites for work (which I assume you do also) that I have to use IE for. (And, no, the IE tab in Chrome doesn't work for them). And now that IE9 looks like Chrome, I'll ditch the supra-mega-conglomerate's browser for a mega-conglomerate's more functional browser any day of the week.

I have a Zune HD too and its the bees knees, I love it. It is 1000% better than my old ipod plus I don't look like a white earbud zombie!

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
CBGardner said:
Actually IE9 is pretty sweet! I used to swear by Chrome but I use a lot of government websites for work (which I assume you do also) that I have to use IE for. (And, no, the IE tab in Chrome doesn't work for them). And now that IE9 looks like Chrome, I'll ditch the supra-mega-conglomerate's browser for a mega-conglomerate's more functional browser any day of the week.

I have a Zune HD too and its the bees knees, I love it. It is 1000% better than my old ipod plus I don't look like a white earbud zombie!
Weirdly enough, the stuff that I do for work requires the Chrome. I guess it might work in IE, but I haven't tried it. I can't do work on my Firefox browser; I use that for blog reading and OC.net.

But the Zune, can't sing its praises well enough. I went through 3 iPods and a Creative Zen Jukebox. LOVE this!

CBGardner

High Elder
Site Supporter
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
CBGardner said:

Weirdly enough, the stuff that I do for work requires the Chrome. I guess it might work in IE, but I haven't tried it. I can't do work on my Firefox browser; I use that for blog reading and OC.net.

But the Zune, can't sing its praises well enough. I went through 3 iPods and a Creative Zen Jukebox. LOVE this!
You have to use Chrome? That is strange. Maybe because of its HTML 5 capabilities .... anyway ... I was never a firefox fan. Before Chrome I used Opera on my phone and computer.
Yeah I was about to get my 5th ipod when I finally said, enough! Haven't looked back once. There's no talking to my friends about it though, they have apple in the brain.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
CBGardner said:
IsmiLiora said:
CBGardner said:

You have to use Chrome? That is strange. Maybe because of its HTML 5 capabilities .... anyway ... I was never a firefox fan. Before Chrome I used Opera on my phone and computer.
Yeah I was about to get my 5th ipod when I finally said, enough! Haven't looked back once. There's no talking to my friends about it though, they have apple in the brain.
Ah, heck. I use five different browsers about equally.
  • IE8 when I need to access Web pages that aren't as compatible with other browsers
  • Firefox when I want maximum Internet Security
  • Google Chrome when I want blazing speed
  • Safari (on Windows) when I want to see something on youtube
  • Flock when all I want is Facebook or Yahoo! Mail

I must really be a geek. :laugh:

CBGardner

High Elder
Site Supporter
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
CBGardner said:
IsmiLiora said:
CBGardner said:

• IE8 when I need to access Web pages that aren't as compatible with other browsers

Peter, my friend, Safari? Really? You're not forced to use it by ways of a Mac and yet you choose it? Please explain your affinity.

:laugh: :laugh:

Is anyone else running IE9? You have to have windows 7 so I assume those who do is low.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I'm using IE9, that's the browser I was complaining about earlier. As for what I didn't like about Chrome, I'll have to try and remember to take it out of my delete bin and try it again to see...  :police:

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
CBGardner said:
PeterTheAleut said:
CBGardner said:
IsmiLiora said:
CBGardner said:

Peter, my friend, Safari? Really? You're not forced to use it by ways of a Mac and yet you choose it? Please explain your affinity.

As I said, Safari is only one of five browsers I use frequently, and then I use it only for a limited purpose.

CBGardner

High Elder
Site Supporter
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
CBGardner said:
PeterTheAleut said:
CBGardner said:
IsmiLiora said:
CBGardner said:

As I said, Safari is only one of five browsers I use frequently, and then I use it only for a limited purpose.
I understand, I'm just curious why it goes well with youtube?

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
CBGardner said:
PeterTheAleut said:
CBGardner said:
PeterTheAleut said:
CBGardner said:
IsmiLiora said:
CBGardner said:

I understand, I'm just curious why it goes well with youtube?
Safari is optimized for use with other Apple products, such as iTunes and QuickTime Player, though I don't know particularly if that has anything to do with youtube. As far as youtube is concerned, Safari has a built-in shortcut to that site.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
That's insane -- I thought I was the only one who used multiple browsers!

I do my work stuff on Chrome, writing, blogging, and OC.net stuff on Firefox, non-English language content on Opera, and IE...well, I access bookmarks from several years ago.  ;D When people use my laptop, I give them FULL instructions (I usually let them use Chrome, since people keep infecting my computer when they use the IE browser) and refuse to let them fool around on my Firefox, since I usually have multiple windows open, and they "accidentally" close all of them.

It's less of a tech geek thing than an organization thing.  :police: I'm on the internet for hours and hours on end, and I can't even count how many pages I visit a day for work, pleasure, research, etc. Putting it all in one browser would be hectic!

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Funny thing: when my post count hit 1-3-3-7 this morning, the Post Number thing in the profile area, under my screen name, said 'Leet.' I guess the board system reads the HTML rather literally!  :D ;) ;D

synLeszka

High Elder
Reaction score
A guy wants me to give him a legal opinion on how he can get compensation for damages from electric poles on his father's property in 1983 , which became his property in 1995.  Nothing on the books nothing. I am frustrated. I cannot think.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
biro said:
Funny thing: when my post count hit 1-3-3-7 this morning, the Post Number thing in the profile area, under my screen name, said 'Leet.' I guess the board system reads the HTML rather literally!  :D ;) ;D
0(.|\|37 15 73H l_l83Я IOIOOIIIOOI ()Я7H0D()XX()ЯZ!!1!!11!!!!

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
That's insane -- I thought I was the only one who used multiple browsers!

I do my work stuff on Chrome, writing, blogging, and OC.net stuff on Firefox, non-English language content on Opera, and IE...well, I access bookmarks from several years ago.  ;D When people use my laptop, I give them FULL instructions (I usually let them use Chrome, since people keep infecting my computer when they use the IE browser) and refuse to let them fool around on my Firefox, since I usually have multiple windows open, and they "accidentally" close all of them.

It's less of a tech geek thing than an organization thing.  :police: I'm on the internet for hours and hours on end, and I can't even count how many pages I visit a day for work, pleasure, research, etc. Putting it all in one browser would be hectic!
I know other people who do things similarly. I've always found it kind of odd. I use Chrome on the computer, Opera on the Wii, and Safari on the iPod. Never saw the need to mess with that system.

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
My granddaughter's cheerleading team just won third place for their age and level category in the Canadian Nationals Championship. The competition was held in Niagara Falls, so only a half hour drive away. My wife and I got home just a while ago. What a noisy place! Imagine a thousand (or more?) mostly teen and pre-teen girls (some boys, not many) and their families; lots of LOUD music with a heavy beat. I will admit, it wasn't quite as bad I was afraid it might be.