Random Postings

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Orthonorm - HA! I could make those Soviet jokes all day long.

CBGardner, you obviously misunderstand (EDIT: underestimate! I cannot think coherently...ever.) my laziness. I am going to download Winamp right now.

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
^ Probably because he hasn't showered in 20 years?
I'd hazard a guess that it was for similar reasons as Paul McCartney.

Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
That person said:
IsmiLiora said:
Being married six hundred times and refusing to age gracefully?
This will be his third marriage, actually. The first ended when his beloved wife of over twenty five years died from cancer. The second ended in divorce.

I really can't blame a man for not wanting to spend the end years of his life alone. My Grandmother is 92, and more than anything she is lonely.

Paul McCartney had a wonderful friend, lover, and companion in his first wife. He was used to having someone to rely on. I don't think it wrong or scandalous for him to seek that out. He has known his current fiance for over four years. Hardly an "overnight" romance.

Furthermore, I think it says a lot that after the bitter divorce he had with his second wife, he still was open enough to the possibility of finding love again. I really think it is a beautiful thing.

So hold your tongue; it is easy at your young age to say "I will only marry once."

You don't know the hand of cards life will deal you.

Reaction score
HandmaidenofGod said:
akimori makoto said:
That person said:
IsmiLiora said:
Being married six hundred times and refusing to age gracefully?
This will be his third marriage, actually. The first ended when his beloved wife of over twenty five years died from cancer. The second ended in divorce.

I really can't blame a man for not wanting to spend the end years of his life alone. My Grandmother is 92, and more than anything she is lonely.

Paul McCartney had a wonderful friend, lover, and companion in his first wife. He was used to having someone to rely on. I don't think it wrong or scandalous for him to seek that out. He has known his current fiance for over four years. Hardly an "overnight" romance.

Furthermore, I think it says a lot that after the bitter divorce he had with his second wife, he still was open enough to the possibility of finding love again. I really think it is a beautiful thing.

So hold your tongue; it is easy at your young age to say "I will only marry once."

You don't know the hand of cards life will deal you.
It's not quite fair to assume I am youthful and idealistic and untouched by loneliness, but you're right that I have spoken unkindly and out of line.

Motes/logs, specks/planks ...

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
We are getting a lot of turtles where I live. A lot. Nowadays, I see them all the time.

What does it mean?

Are we under invasion?

??? ???

Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
It's not quite fair to assume I am youthful and idealistic and untouched by loneliness,
Just to be clear; I never assumed you were untouched by loneliness, or that you haven't experienced heartache. All I said was that since you are young, you may have an ideal that you will only get married once, but you don't know where life may take you.

At any rate, no harm, no foul. :)

Back to more random things!

Trailer for Most Awesome Movie of the Year

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
In Thy kingdom remember us, O Lord, when Thou comest in Thy kingdom.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for your reward is great in heaven.

Remember us, O Lord, when Thou comest in Thy kingdom.

Remember us, O Master, when Thou comest in Thy kingdom.

Remember us, O Holy One, when Thou comest in Thy kingdom.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Wow, how long did it take to code THAT?

Love the Beatitudes!

I was just randomly wondering, why aren't there more females posting on the board? I'm not being a Feminazi, I'm just aggressively suggesting that we should close membership until the number of active female members catches up to the active male members. :police:

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Okay, well, I can make some assumptions about gender.

For instance, one of my friends told me that I was the only woman alive who did not get all weak-kneed at the sight of Curtis Stone. Therefore, you, with your raging hatred of Curtis Stone, must be a man. 

Don't worry, my guesses are quote logical.  8)

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
IsmiLiora said:
Wow, how long did it take to code THAT?
About 30 seconds! I cheated: http://www.tektek.org/color/

IsmiLiora said:
Love the Beatitudes!
They are great, aren't they? They sound like a great way to live!

IsmiLiora said:
I was just randomly wondering, why aren't there more females posting on the board? I'm not being a Feminazi, I'm just aggressively suggesting that we should close membership until the number of active female members catches up to the active male members. :police:
There are quite a few female members. However, they seem to know better than to waste time posting polemics. :)

Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Okay, well, I can make some assumptions about gender.

For instance, one of my friends told me that I was the only woman alive who did not get all weak-kneed at the sight of Curtis Stone. Therefore, you, with your raging hatred of Curtis Stone, must be a man. 

Don't worry, my guesses are quote logical.  8)
Damnable unassailable logic!

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Ozgeorge has a good point about polemics...even in my every day life, the men tend to really go at it. Even though my female friends and I disagree on some points (sometimes heatedly), we just say, "Oh honey, we'll just have to agree to disagree," end the conversation amicably, walk away, and pray for the other one's soul with an undying fervor.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
It's 3:45 in the morning, what am I still doing up...? Must be the potent blend of OC.net, diet sunkist, and Dragon Quest VI.  :p

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
It's 5:50am, I'm heading to bed. Like my grandma always said: "Early to bed, early to rise..."  ...wait, wut?  Goodnight, sweet forum.