• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ZZ are you still in Ohio? It must be miserable since I have seen you post more.

I think my insurance premiums went up driving through that state then fell into PA.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I have been posting a lot recently. I guess you guys are just super entertaining lately!

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Shiny said:
Tom Cruise and I are the same height.
Real height or fake height? Because I usually get the feeling that most guys accidentally-on-purpose add an inch or two.  :p

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Shiny said:
Tom Cruise and I are the same height.
Real height or fake height? Because I usually get the feeling that most guys accidentally-on-purpose add an inch or two.  :p
I make sure that my doctor gives me atleast two extra inches due to my hair. Do not press the scale down into my hair!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Shiny said:

I think my insurance premiums went up driving through that state then fell into PA.
If you speed, the Ohio State Troopers will find you.  But on the insurance rates you're off-base, take it from me: 18+ months ago we found out that our insurance doubled overnight moving from OH to PA. 

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
ZealousZeal said:
Cold comfort, Mor.  ;)
I lived in PA and am battle-worn...I know of what I speak.  OH is much better, but all the same, come home soon.  What colour ribbon can I tie around my tree until you return?
Red will be fine. I will be back in NY in about a month for a visit. I'm happy about that.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Fr. George said:
Shiny said:

If you speed, the Ohio State Troopers will find you.  But on the insurance rates you're off-base, take it from me: 18+ months ago we found out that our insurance doubled overnight moving from OH to PA. 
True! They're everywhere.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like an idiot... what is a bread maker? Is it like one of those smaller electric ovens, only especially for bread making?

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
It makes your dough for you so you don't have to do the whole knead and rise routine. They can bake it for you too but I think it's better if you bake it in an oven.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Bread is my kryptonite. I have the willpower to resist dessert, but I cannot turn down fresh bread. So actually, this is probably a terrible decision. :p

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I am going to make homemade bread bowls for homemade potato soup, and then I will die of carb ecstasy. Or chicken gnocchi soup... Ugh. None of these are possible at this hour and I am muy triste.  :'(

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
They are! I love them. I loved listening to people struggle to pronounce "gnocchi" when I served at Olive Garden. It was the gift that kept on giving... made each shift a little more fun.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Fr. George said:
A month ago I suggested that if we were able to push through about 700 posts/day we'd finally have a month cross the 20,000 post milestone.  October disappointed, but November has promise still.  If we average just about 733/day for the rest of this week we can reach the milestone.
Missed it... we ended up with 19158 for the month. But fwiw that's the 2nd highest post total for a month, behind only August 2011. Also, a new record was set for most page views ever at 3,267,629.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Fr. George said:
A month ago I suggested that if we were able to push through about 700 posts/day we'd finally have a month cross the 20,000 post milestone.  October disappointed, but November has promise still.  If we average just about 733/day for the rest of this week we can reach the milestone.
Missed it... we ended up with 19158 for the month. But fwiw that's the 2nd highest post total for a month, behind only August 2011. Also, a new record was set for most page views ever at 3,267,629.
December can be that month! With 31 days, we need 645.16 posts a day. If 100 of us commit to posting 7 posts a day at minimum, we will accomplish this.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
They are! I love them. I loved listening to people struggle to pronounce "gnocchi" when I served at Olive Garden. It was the gift that kept on giving... made each shift a little more fun.
Um, can I have the, uh, the, uh, guh-nok-key, please?  With extra cheese?  Thanks.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
ZealousZeal said:
Um, can I have the, uh, the, uh, guh-nok-key, please?  With extra cheese?  Thanks.
Mostly I got guh-nah-chee.  :p

brastaseptim

High Elder
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
hecma925 said:
ZealousZeal said:
Mostly I got guh-nah-chee.  :p
I always thought it was "ny-oh-key."

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
No no no. It's gee-no-chee, with the chee being pronounced twice as long as the other two.

Also, Don Quicks-oat.

brastaseptim

High Elder
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
No no no. It's gee-no-chee, with the chee being pronounced twice as long as the other two.

Also, Don Quicks-oat.
Strange, the Italians I've heard (Sicilian-American town, let me remind you) say it "ny-oooh-key." And "Dawn Key-hoh-tay." (That's British Dawn, not American Dawn- one rhymes with Dorn, the other with Don.)

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
brastaseptim said:
Asteriktos said:

Also, Don Quicks-oat.
Strange, the Italians I've heard (Sicilian-American town, let me remind you) say it "ny-oooh-key." And "Dawn Key-hoh-tay." (That's British Dawn, not American Dawn- one rhymes with Dorn, the other with Don.)
And I suppose they also say Cath-o-lick, or worse yet Cath-leek, rather than the obviously superior Cat-HALL-eek?

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Oh, and I just wrote my first affirmation statement and put it on my wallpaper, and I gotta tell ya, I feel wonderful! No more cloudy days bringing me down! No sir, I won't allow it!

brastaseptim

High Elder
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
brastaseptim said:
Asteriktos said:

Also, Don Quicks-oat.
Correct- Cath-uh-lick.

And I suppose they also say Cath-o-lick, or worse yet Cath-leek, rather than the obviously superior Cat-HALL-eek?