Random Postings

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
genesisone said:
I think this is post #1057. Looks like I made it past 1054 without getting excommunicated. Still Orthodox  :D.
I sleep deprived drunk. When I read #1057 I started trying to estimate log base 2 of the number.

I am not kidding.

I hope to have a spiritual break through at Vespers.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
"Gazziza Dilznoofus! It's Bill McNeal, saying get with the crezappy taste of Rocketfuel Malt Liquor. Rocketfuel's got tha upstate prison flavor that keeps you ugly all night long.  So when you wanna get sick, remember, nothing makes yo feet stank like Rocketfuel Malt Liquor... DAMN! It's crezappy!" - Bill McNeal

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
"Gazziza Dilznoofus! It's Bill McNeal, saying get with the crezappy taste of Rocketfuel Malt Liquor. Rocketfuel's got tha upstate prison flavor that keeps you ugly all night long.  So when you wanna get sick, remember, nothing makes yo feet stank like Rocketfuel Malt Liquor... DAMN! It's crezappy!" - Bill McNeal
Please tell me this is another example of your brilliance. Otherwise I might weep. And is Bill McNeal a real person? Or a character?

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is always one idiot at the bar that doesnt seem to notice that the hot bartender is calling everybody else "darlin" too.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Asteriktos said:
"Gazziza Dilznoofus! It's Bill McNeal, saying get with the crezappy taste of Rocketfuel Malt Liquor. Rocketfuel's got tha upstate prison flavor that keeps you ugly all night long.  So when you wanna get sick, remember, nothing makes yo feet stank like Rocketfuel Malt Liquor... DAMN! It's crezappy!" - Bill McNeal
Please tell me this is another example of your brilliance. Otherwise I might weep. And is Bill McNeal a real person? Or a character?
A character on the sitcom Newsradio (see third person here). I bought the series (again) a couple months ago and have been watching some of the episodes recently.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Today is one of those days where my heart is overflowing with love. I think I terrified everyone I came in contact with today.

About 50% of stuff moved. Whoo! Have to work, although all I want to do is curl up in bed and watch Big Love, eat KFC, and drink a large Slurpee sized cup of Pepsi.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Addendum... here's the end of the episode, in which Bill McNeal says the line... (he says alternative lines during the rest of the episode, which are also funny... but then I think the whole show is funny)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Today is one of those days where my heart is overflowing with love. I think I terrified everyone I came in contact with today.

About 50% of stuff moved. Whoo! Have to work, although all I want to do is curl up in bed and watch Big Love, eat KFC, and drink a large Slurpee sized cup of Pepsi.
Congrats for getting some stuff moved anyway :)

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
orthonorm said:
Asteriktos said:
"Gazziza Dilznoofus! It's Bill McNeal, saying get with the crezappy taste of Rocketfuel Malt Liquor. Rocketfuel's got tha upstate prison flavor that keeps you ugly all night long.  So when you wanna get sick, remember, nothing makes yo feet stank like Rocketfuel Malt Liquor... DAMN! It's crezappy!" - Bill McNeal
A character on the sitcom Newsradio (see third person here). I bought the series (again) a couple months ago and have been watching some of the episodes recently.
Wow. How did I forget that. Phil Hartman was genius. And it is where I first learned to hate Joe Rogan.

Watched it in syndication off and on. Phil Hartman went out badly.

RIP.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Today was the first time in a month and a half that my girls didn't want to play Mario Kart, and the first time in about four months that my daughter Sahara didn't want to watch Willy Wonka. I feel so refreshed!  ;D

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Today was the first time in a month and a half that my girls didn't want to play Mario Kart, and the first time in about four months that my daughter Sahara didn't want to watch Willy Wonka. I feel so refreshed!  ;D

Nice.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:

What? Mario Kart is amazing. Well the SNES and N64 ones.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
A few minutes ago...

My 7-year-old daughter: "Papa, I'm having trouble falling asleep."

Me: "Well, when you wake up in the morning we'll see what we can do about that."

My 7-year-old daughter: "ok."

Selam

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Not so amazing when they go over cliffs or into spikes or something and "die" every 4.2 seconds  :D

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I just woke up from a dream in which I moved to either New Zealand or Australia... what a nightmare!!!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Not so amazing when they go over cliffs or into spikes or something and "die" every 4.2 seconds  :D
You must be a poor Nintendo driver ;)

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Aw, so cute! I also get impatient with new Mario Kart players since I have to end up taking the controller for them or they start crying (and they're a TAD older than your daughters, too ;) ). Glad that you had fun with them!

Last night Mr. Ismi and I went out to dinner with a group of friends...among which was one of his exes, who I had never met previously. AND we sat next to each other the entire time. She also dated a friend of his for several years...a friend who is now engaged to MY best friend. Awkward on all counts. Actually, it wasn't bad, though. I accidentally mentioned their names a few times, but oh well. It could have been much worse, theoretically.

Back to the salt mines today! Everything is moved in to the new apartment, but only about 20% is organized. I have so many blacks and blues from tripping over all the random boxes everywhere. We also made a massive run to Target, spent a fortune, and then realized that we forgot another 15 things. We rock.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Heh, I suppose I am using this as my ranting thread.  8)

I was on the phone with a company, and they were trying to sell me something else. It was apparently a great deal, discount, whatever. I didn't want to sign onto anything without thinking about it and talking to Mr. Ismi about it, just to weigh our options. Every time I told him that I wasn't interested, he kept telling me that I didn't understand that I didn't have to put money down, whatever, and I was just ready to scream at him. I refuted him five times and he kept repeating the terms to me.

Honestly, does he think that implying that I'm not smart enough to understand the proposal is going to get me to buy it? I know that these people have a job to do, but ugh. I should have just hung up on him after the first "No."

Do I NOT have the right to overpay for whatever service I want, at my convenience? Thank you, sir. I hate when they act like you're a complete moron for not taking Deal X. Even if it is a good deal, it's not like I can't find another one somewhere else.  ::)