Random Postings

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
JamesRottnek said:
My blood pressure is 100/70 and I am now down to 223 pounds (from a high, in January of last year, of 300 lbs).
That's awesome! Way to go. How are you doing it?

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
You could probably learn English from a fern.
Words cannot express how much I delight in unexpected illustrations, the above being an excellent example. The mental image is très amusant.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
JamesRottnek said:
My blood pressure is 100/70 and I am now down to 223 pounds (from a high, in January of last year, of 300 lbs).
GJDM!  :)

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
JamesRottnek said:
I eat fewer calories, on average, then I expend.  I often eat foods that are high calorie or otherwise bad for me (I've always loved McDonald's), but I eat less of it than I used to. 

People act like losing weight is some gigantic time sink that's also really, really complicated.  These people are wrong.  It is not complicated.  Figure out roughly how many calories your body expends, given your weight, gender, and activity level, and then eat fewer calories than that every day.  I've hardly added any exercise at all to my lifestyle, either (save a walk for maybe 30 minutes or so most days of the week, but this is a fairly recent addition to my day).

(calories out > calories in) = weight loss.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Today I learned that in Australia, popsicles are "icey poles". LOL. My Australian friend called them that, and hilarity ensued. Also, tater tots are "potato gems".

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
JamesRottnek said:
ZealousZeal said:
JamesRottnek said:
I eat fewer calories, on average, then I expend.  I often eat foods that are high calorie or otherwise bad for me (I've always loved McDonald's), but I eat less of it than I used to. 

People act like losing weight is some gigantic time sink that's also really, really complicated.  These people are wrong.  It is not complicated.  Figure out roughly how many calories your body expends, given your weight, gender, and activity level, and then eat fewer calories than that every day.  I've hardly added any exercise at all to my lifestyle, either (save a walk for maybe 30 minutes or so most days of the week, but this is a fairly recent addition to my day).

(calories out > calories in) = weight loss.
Trooth.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
These last two weeks can't get over soon enough.

People at work are off the chain with their petite stressors they must complain about and shovel on to me. Like the burden of five weeks off of work. They need coddled and let know they are worth it and how stressful it is going to be to come back and work through their backlog of what amount to corporate facebook messages.

And I am so hungry at the moment, my mouth is watering for a brussel sprout, which I love, always have. But it's literally watering at the thought of one. You'd think something that we had on our acre garden and I ate nearly three times a week as a kid, I'd be tired of. But no.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:

People at work are off the chain with their petite stressors they must complain about and shovel on to me. Like the burden of five weeks off of work. They need coddled and let know they are worth it and how stressful it is going to be to come back and work through their backlog of what amount to corporate facebook messages.

And I am so hungry at the moment, my mouth is watering for a brussel sprout, which I love, always have. But it's literally watering at the thought of one. You'd think something that we had on our acre garden and I ate nearly three times a week as a kid, I'd be tired of. But no.
what do you work?

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
frankly people complaining about stuff-unless they are complaining about me, at work, which is a rarer occurrence-hardly bothers me. Most times I don't pay much attention anyways.

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
frankly people complaining about stuff-unless they are complaining about me, at work, which is a rarer occurrence-hardly bothers me. Most times I don't pay much attention anyways.
But the question is did you get the joke?

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Jonathan Gress said:
augustin717 said:
But the question is did you get the joke?
i get the point, but wouldn't call it a joke.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Jonathan Gress said:
I wonder if people who complain about other people complaining ever see the irony of it.
I do: there isn't any.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
orthonorm said:

what do you work?
I work in a large / small scale lab / office. It's hard to tune out when it's a constant drone.

I would love to be doing to large scale stuff ATM. A lot less drama, since you have to cleared to do be able to do real labor to enter the area, thus less whiny about emails to write.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Jonathan Gress said:
orthonorm said:
Jonathan Gress said:
I wonder if people who complain about other people complaining ever see the irony of it.
A man should learn to laugh at himself.
Trust me I do, ask around. But you are unlikely ever to be the catalyst for it.

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Jonathan Gress said:
orthonorm said:
Jonathan Gress said:
A man should learn to laugh at himself.
Trust me I do, ask around. But you are unlikely ever to be the catalyst for it.
I am deeply sorry.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
If my maths are correct:

The top 1% of posters (by post count) on this site have made roughly 57% of the total posts.

And

About 57.8% of registered users have never posted.

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
If my maths are correct:

The top 1% of posters (by post count) on this site have made roughly 57% of the total posts.

And

About 57.8% of registered users have never posted.
Occupy OC.net!

IoanC

Archon
Reaction score
Just saw a song titled "Furnace Street". Now, why would this make me laugh...

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've just received this as a Secret Santa present. It's even more stunning up close.

chrevbel

High Elder
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wait a minute; don't we wash our clothes in order to get food and other smells out of them?

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Shiny said:
I never thought I'd ever say this but boy do I miss the sunshine.
Telling you I made a point this fall/winter of following the weather in Chicago and compare it with a few northern cities' in Scandinavia and Russia. So far Chicago has had consistently colder weather than Moscow, let alone Helsinki or Stockholm. When people hear I'm from RomAnia they inevitably say-as Midwesterners live to talk about weather - you must be used to this weather. Heck no, back home with minimal protection you could grow figtrees in your backyard.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
Shiny said:
Telling you I made a point this fall/winter of following the weather in Chicago and compare it with a few northern cities' in Scandinavia and Russia. So far Chicago has had consistently colder weather than Moscow, let alone Helsinki or Stockholm. When people hear I'm from RomAnia they inevitably say-as Midwesterners live to talk about weather - you must be used to this weather. Heck no, back home with minimal protection you could grow figtrees in your backyard.
Maybe I should move to Chicago. I miss proper winter. I've used to having snow and temperature of something like -20°C. Now it's something like 0°C and not any snow in sight.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
augustin717 said:
Shiny said:
Maybe I should move to Chicago. I miss proper winter. I've used to having snow and temperature of something like -20°C. Now it's something like 0°C and not any snow in sight.
Either number is cold for the South.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Αριστοκλής said:
Shiny said:
You knew the weather here before you left Colorado.  ;)

I miss the colors green...and blue.
Did you see the temps on Sunday? It was around 60 or 70 felt tropical. I was wearing shorts.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
Shiny said:
My mother wouldn't allow my father to move us to Chicago because of the qesthee. That sounds insane.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
augustin717 said:
Shiny said:
It was -17 C last night when I left work

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
Shiny said:
We have nothing else.