Random Postings

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
GOAT:



^^ My 2006 pair is yellowing compared to the pic.

Now if I could get my hands on the Concord 11s in 7 years...
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
I hate when I sneeze and get a headache. Absolutely hate it.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
With each day my life increasingly becomes a really bad country western song.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
With each day my life increasingly becomes a really bad country western song.
You have an achy breaky heart?
How apropos! Too bad a woman isn't involved rather a rotating crew of Indian medical students trying to take a stab at me.

See conservatives. I nearly have to die to get help. Good stuff. Never mind people like me when you rail against helping others.
 

J Michael

Toumarches
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
11,549
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
People's Soviet Socialist Republic of Marylan
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
With each day my life increasingly becomes a really bad country western song.
You have an achy breaky heart?
How apropos! Too bad a woman isn't involved rather a rotating crew of Indian medical students trying to take a stab at me.

See conservatives. I nearly have to die to get help. Good stuff. Never mind people like me when you rail against helping others.
Here ya go:
[size=10pt]
"Poor, Poor Pitiful Me"

Well, I lay my head on the railroad track
Waitin' on the "double e"
But the train don't run through here no more
Poor, poor pitiful me!

[Chorus]

Poor, poor pitiful me!
Poor, poor pitiful me!
Oh, these boys won't let me be
Lord have mercy on me!
Woe, woe is me!

Well, I met a man out in Hollywood
And I ain't namin' names
But he really worked me over good
Just like Jesse James

Yes, he really worked me over good
He was a credit to his gender
He put me through some changes
Lord, sorta like a waring blender

[Repeat Chorus]

Well, I met a boy in the Vieux-Carres
Down in Yokahoma
He picked me up and he threw me down
Sayin', "please don't hurt me, mama"

[Repeat Chorus]

Poor, poor pitiful me!
Poor, poor pitiful me...
[/size]
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/terriclark/poorpoorpitifulme.html
Beware Indian med students with scalpels.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
J Michael said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
With each day my life increasingly becomes a really bad country western song.
You have an achy breaky heart?
How apropos! Too bad a woman isn't involved rather a rotating crew of Indian medical students trying to take a stab at me.

See conservatives. I nearly have to die to get help. Good stuff. Never mind people like me when you rail against helping others.
Here ya go:
[size=10pt]
"Poor, Poor Pitiful Me"

Well, I lay my head on the railroad track
Waitin' on the "double e"
But the train don't run through here no more
Poor, poor pitiful me!

[Chorus]

Poor, poor pitiful me!
Poor, poor pitiful me!
Oh, these boys won't let me be
Lord have mercy on me!
Woe, woe is me!

Well, I met a man out in Hollywood
And I ain't namin' names
But he really worked me over good
Just like Jesse James

Yes, he really worked me over good
He was a credit to his gender
He put me through some changes
Lord, sorta like a waring blender

[Repeat Chorus]

Well, I met a boy in the Vieux-Carres
Down in Yokahoma
He picked me up and he threw me down
Sayin', "please don't hurt me, mama"

[Repeat Chorus]

Poor, poor pitiful me!
Poor, poor pitiful me...
[/size]
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/terriclark/poorpoorpitifulme.html
Beware Indian med students with scalpels.
LOL! Nice!
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
TheTrisagion said:
Shiny said:
I wonder if the people of Pittsburgh care if I rock a Raiders jacket or a Giants one.
Why would you wear either?
I dunno I liked how rappers back in the 80s had a pirate theme going wearing Pirates hats or Raiders stuff whatever. But then you have stuff like pirate radio, broadcasting underground stuff.

I saw a guy on the street recently wearing a Raiders jacket and Hornets snapback. It was amazing. Straight up 90s.

I like the retro Starter jackets a lot and the Mitchell and Ness snapbacks.

Normally I just wear Nike sweats and whatever I have in my closet. Nike Air Maxes or Jordan's. Really if retro Js were cheaper id wear then a lot more.

385 for retro J 3 with Nike Air on the back? No thanks.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
Shiny said:
I wonder if the people of Pittsburgh care if I rock a Raiders jacket or a Giants one.
You'll just get some dirty looks. Unless the person is demented and grew up in the 70s and is drunk, in which case the Raiders jacket might get you slightly more of a problem. I'm pretty sure the shoes that you post in this thread will get you more of a hassle (seriously).
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Asteriktos said:
Shiny said:
I wonder if the people of Pittsburgh care if I rock a Raiders jacket or a Giants one.
You'll just get some dirty looks. Unless the person is demented and grew up in the 70s and is drunk, in which case the Raiders jacket might get you slightly more of a problem. I'm pretty sure the shoes that you post in this thread will get you more of a hassle (seriously).
In what way?

Im not wearing them downtown.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
Shiny said:
Asteriktos said:
Shiny said:
I wonder if the people of Pittsburgh care if I rock a Raiders jacket or a Giants one.
You'll just get some dirty looks. Unless the person is demented and grew up in the 70s and is drunk, in which case the Raiders jacket might get you slightly more of a problem. I'm pretty sure the shoes that you post in this thread will get you more of a hassle (seriously).
In what way?

Im not wearing them downtown.
Just that some yinzers are all about being blue collar and working class and such. I'm not saying people would start fights or anything. I would hope, anyway.  Let me put it this way, when I read in the Trib or PPG about some fashion thing happening in Pittsburgh I always chuckle. Fashion? In da burgh? Wat?  8)
 

J Michael

Toumarches
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
11,549
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
People's Soviet Socialist Republic of Marylan
Asteriktos said:
Shiny said:
Asteriktos said:
Shiny said:
I wonder if the people of Pittsburgh care if I rock a Raiders jacket or a Giants one.
You'll just get some dirty looks. Unless the person is demented and grew up in the 70s and is drunk, in which case the Raiders jacket might get you slightly more of a problem. I'm pretty sure the shoes that you post in this thread will get you more of a hassle (seriously).
In what way?

Im not wearing them downtown.
Just that some yinzers are all about being blue collar and working class and such. I'm not saying people would start fights or anything. I would hope, anyway.   Let me put it this way, when I read in the Trib or PPG about some fashion thing happening in Pittsburgh I always chuckle. Fashion? In da burgh? Wat?  8)
I thought people went to P'Bgh to escape the inanities and vanities of fashion.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
LOL. No doubt, at least outside of my work. People in my work its hipster city and I get called out for wearing jeans and a v neck daily. Hey its comfortable.

But people downtown, its sweats, Timberland boots, construction coats, etc.

One lady on the bus had this awesome vintage Penguins jacket. A lot of people just dont care which works perfect for me.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
J Michael said:
Asteriktos said:
Shiny said:
Asteriktos said:
Shiny said:
I wonder if the people of Pittsburgh care if I rock a Raiders jacket or a Giants one.
You'll just get some dirty looks. Unless the person is demented and grew up in the 70s and is drunk, in which case the Raiders jacket might get you slightly more of a problem. I'm pretty sure the shoes that you post in this thread will get you more of a hassle (seriously).
In what way?

Im not wearing them downtown.
Just that some yinzers are all about being blue collar and working class and such. I'm not saying people would start fights or anything. I would hope, anyway.   Let me put it this way, when I read in the Trib or PPG about some fashion thing happening in Pittsburgh I always chuckle. Fashion? In da burgh? Wat?  8)
I thought people went to P'Bgh to escape the inanities and vanities of fashion.
Actually he is right for the most part.

I'm glad nobody cares. Not nearly as in Denver.
 

montalo

Archon
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
2,011
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
27
Gah, why do all the good looking clothes(Like sneakers, gloves, and winter things) have to be for women?

Case in point
http://www.asicsamerica.com/Shop/Footwear/Running/Womens/GEL-Kinsei®-5/p/0010179229.1201
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
orthonorm said:
J Michael said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
With each day my life increasingly becomes a really bad country western song.
You have an achy breaky heart?
How apropos! Too bad a woman isn't involved rather a rotating crew of Indian medical students trying to take a stab at me.

See conservatives. I nearly have to die to get help. Good stuff. Never mind people like me when you rail against helping others.
Here ya go:
[size=10pt]
"Poor, Poor Pitiful Me"

Well, I lay my head on the railroad track
Waitin' on the "double e"
But the train don't run through here no more
Poor, poor pitiful me!

[Chorus]

Poor, poor pitiful me!
Poor, poor pitiful me!
Oh, these boys won't let me be
Lord have mercy on me!
Woe, woe is me!

Well, I met a man out in Hollywood
And I ain't namin' names
But he really worked me over good
Just like Jesse James

Yes, he really worked me over good
He was a credit to his gender
He put me through some changes
Lord, sorta like a waring blender

[Repeat Chorus]

Well, I met a boy in the Vieux-Carres
Down in Yokahoma
He picked me up and he threw me down
Sayin', "please don't hurt me, mama"

[Repeat Chorus]

Poor, poor pitiful me!
Poor, poor pitiful me...
[/size]
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/terriclark/poorpoorpitifulme.html
Beware Indian med students with scalpels.
LOL! Nice!
Evidently all my necessary treatment became really unnecessary when my lack of insurance hit. I should've stayed longer in the hospital to get my testing and procedures done. They assured me everything would be handled once I left but I was welcome to stay. Being the responsible person that I am it seemed more cost effective to go outpatient.

They lied.

So again, when normie goes bye bye, remember these times. I can only wish that some of your loved ones find themselves in similar situations, cause conservatives can't empathize with anything till it hits within their immediate family.

EDIT: Sorry about that last part, I know it even really difficult then. Such a terrible cross to bear I am sure.
 

J Michael

Toumarches
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
11,549
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
People's Soviet Socialist Republic of Marylan
orthonorm said:
orthonorm said:
J Michael said:
orthonorm said:
TheTrisagion said:
orthonorm said:
With each day my life increasingly becomes a really bad country western song.
You have an achy breaky heart?
How apropos! Too bad a woman isn't involved rather a rotating crew of Indian medical students trying to take a stab at me.

See conservatives. I nearly have to die to get help. Good stuff. Never mind people like me when you rail against helping others.
Here ya go:
[size=10pt]
"Poor, Poor Pitiful Me"

Well, I lay my head on the railroad track
Waitin' on the "double e"
But the train don't run through here no more
Poor, poor pitiful me!

[Chorus]

Poor, poor pitiful me!
Poor, poor pitiful me!
Oh, these boys won't let me be
Lord have mercy on me!
Woe, woe is me!

Well, I met a man out in Hollywood
And I ain't namin' names
But he really worked me over good
Just like Jesse James

Yes, he really worked me over good
He was a credit to his gender
He put me through some changes
Lord, sorta like a waring blender

[Repeat Chorus]

Well, I met a boy in the Vieux-Carres
Down in Yokahoma
He picked me up and he threw me down
Sayin', "please don't hurt me, mama"

[Repeat Chorus]

Poor, poor pitiful me!
Poor, poor pitiful me...
[/size]
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/terriclark/poorpoorpitifulme.html
Beware Indian med students with scalpels.
LOL! Nice!
Evidently all my necessary treatment became really unnecessary when my lack of insurance hit. I should've stayed longer in the hospital to get my testing and procedures done. They assured me everything would be handled once I left but I was welcome to stay. Being the responsible person that I am it seemed more cost effective to go outpatient.

They lied.

So again, when normie goes bye bye, remember these times. I can only wish that some of your loved ones find themselves in similar situations, cause conservatives can't empathize with anything till it hits within their immediate family.

EDIT: Sorry about that last part, I know it even really difficult then. Such a terrible cross to bear I am sure.
What the hell are you babbling on about, now?

You write, without any kind of context or explanation, in a RANDOM post thread, "With each day my life increasingly becomes a really bad country western song."  What are we supposed to make of that?  Were you trying in some kind of warped, dysfunctional manner to elicit sympathy for something we have no knowledge about?  Or, were you just trolling us?

If you've been ill, I'm terribly sorry and wish you nothing but a good recovery and good health.  Personally, I can do nothing about your insurance issues, and I doubt anyone else here can...so are you just taking some kind of wild quasi-political pot-shots at people who, in your own infinite wisdom, you believe are some kind of generic "conservatives"?  What the hell is going on with you, anyway?!?!
 

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
36,164
Reaction score
36
Points
48
Age
39
Location
New York!
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
J Michael said:
You write, without any kind of context or explanation, in a RANDOM post thread, "With each day my life increasingly becomes a really bad country western song."  What are we supposed to make of that? 
Personally, I wasn't aware that "Random Postings" had to make sense, so respectfully, I find your critique quite out of order.  I have no special insight into his life, but I didn't read Orthonorm's post as antagonistic.   
 

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
5,541
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Mor Ephrem said:
J Michael said:
You write, without any kind of context or explanation, in a RANDOM post thread, "With each day my life increasingly becomes a really bad country western song."  What are we supposed to make of that? 
Personally, I wasn't aware that "Random Postings" had to make sense, so respectfully, I find your critique quite out of order.  I have no special insight into his life, but I didn't read Orthonorm's post as antagonistic.   
I find your critique too topical for random postings. More non sequiturs, please.  :police:
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
J Michael said:
Personally, I can do nothing about your insurance issues, and I doubt anyone else here can...
Sure you can, and you should. If the afflictions someone is facing are life threatning, you are made aware of it and you do nothing about it, you are responsible for their death. See you on Judgement Day.

"Not my problem", hell it should be your problem. And you wonder why the above I have problem with the majority of Christians.

You do nothing for the salvation of others if you let them be in poor health, distraught, broken, homeless, poor, etc. This is exactly why I adamantly fight with Peter on this ridiculous notion that salvation is a personal matter. You can't take care of your own salvation without others. Period.

Like I said, I can't wait for conservatives to face Judgement Day
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
Shiny said:
J Michael said:
Personally, I can do nothing about your insurance issues, and I doubt anyone else here can...
Sure you can, and you should. If the afflictions someone is facing are life threatning, you are made aware of it and you do nothing about it, you are responsible for their death. See you on Judgement Day.

"Not my problem", hell it should be your problem. And you wonder why the above I have problem with the majority of Christians.

You do nothing for the salvation of others if you let them be in poor health, distraught, broken, homeless, poor, etc. This is exactly why I adamantly fight with Peter on this ridiculous notion that salvation is a personal matter. You can't take care of your own salvation without others. Period.

Like I said, I can't wait for conservatives to face Judgement Day
It would be helpful to get some context.  Given orthonorm's tendency to post cryptic posts, it is unclear if he is actually personally having issues or if he is just messing around as usual. I hear so many stories and boasts from him, I really have no idea what I am expected to believe, so I generally dismiss most of it as eccentric belligerency. Is he having some sort of health problems?
 

J Michael

Toumarches
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
11,549
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
People's Soviet Socialist Republic of Marylan
Mor Ephrem said:
J Michael said:
You write, without any kind of context or explanation, in a RANDOM post thread, "With each day my life increasingly becomes a really bad country western song."  What are we supposed to make of that? 
Personally, I wasn't aware that "Random Postings" had to make sense, so respectfully, I find your critique quite out of order.  I have no special insight into his life, but I didn't read Orthonorm's post as antagonistic.   
You're right--there is no requirement for "Random Postings" to make sense, even though sometimes they actually do.  Is there a requirement that they do NOT make sense, though?  Anyway, I should have just ignored him.  Oh well....Your thoughts are always appreciated.
 

J Michael

Toumarches
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
11,549
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
People's Soviet Socialist Republic of Marylan
Shiny said:
J Michael said:
Personally, I can do nothing about your insurance issues, and I doubt anyone else here can...
Sure you can, and you should. If the afflictions someone is facing are life threatning, you are made aware of it and you do nothing about it, you are responsible for their death. See you on Judgement Day.

"Not my problem", hell it should be your problem. And you wonder why the above I have problem with the majority of Christians.

You do nothing for the salvation of others if you let them be in poor health, distraught, broken, homeless, poor, etc. This is exactly why I adamantly fight with Peter on this ridiculous notion that salvation is a personal matter. You can't take care of your own salvation without others. Period.

Like I said, I can't wait for conservatives to face Judgement Day
There ya go again, Shiny, getting all sanctimonious and judgmental your own little self.

Pot, meet kettle.

You have no idea whatsoever what I do and don't do other than what I might post on this board, which, THANK GOD!, takes up just a relatively small portion of the whole of my life.

About orthonorm's insurance issues, please do tell me what I personally can do to help, besides of course to pray for him--since you seem to know me and my own circumstances so intimately.  Then tell us what you personally have done to help him with that.  You know, just for a little context...
 

J Michael

Toumarches
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
11,549
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
People's Soviet Socialist Republic of Marylan
TheTrisagion said:
Shiny said:
J Michael said:
Personally, I can do nothing about your insurance issues, and I doubt anyone else here can...
Sure you can, and you should. If the afflictions someone is facing are life threatning, you are made aware of it and you do nothing about it, you are responsible for their death. See you on Judgement Day.

"Not my problem", hell it should be your problem. And you wonder why the above I have problem with the majority of Christians.

You do nothing for the salvation of others if you let them be in poor health, distraught, broken, homeless, poor, etc. This is exactly why I adamantly fight with Peter on this ridiculous notion that salvation is a personal matter. You can't take care of your own salvation without others. Period.

Like I said, I can't wait for conservatives to face Judgement Day
It would be helpful to get some context.  Given orthonorm's tendency to post cryptic posts, it is unclear if he is actually personally having issues or if he is just messing around as usual. I hear so many stories and boasts from him, I really have no idea what I am expected to believe, so I generally dismiss most of it as eccentric belligerency. Is he having some sort of health problems?
^ This.

Thank you!
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
J Michael said:
Is there a requirement that they do NOT make sense, though?
I'm fairly sure there's some lonely dark corner in Purgatory for those who make too much sense in this thread.
 

J Michael

Toumarches
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
11,549
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
People's Soviet Socialist Republic of Marylan

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
My life is a sign.

Oh J Michael, you asked me about the middle class women's disease du jour, but I can't remember what thread it was in. Getting pummeled for real illness will do that for you.

Yes, I've known exactly 5 persons who have had "lyme disease". They recovered fully once it was properly diagnosed as some something else. Two of those persons were diagnosed by me. One sought treatment at the Cleveland Clinic and I arguably saved her life or at least stopped the reduction quality of life she was experiencing due to "lyme disease". They all did have "lyme disease" but none of their symptoms were alleviated by treating it, but rather when the proper disease was found.

This is not to say lyme disease is not real, but it is often poorly and incorrectly diagnosed.

What you question had to do with the thread? I don't know. I would gladly look at photos of your wife's rash along with a case history, who knows, maybe my time starting at various photos of diseases and watching videos at medical college could pay off.

Oh yeah, it was the semen thread by Maria. I made a crack about semen, so again what does that have to do with your wife?
 

J Michael

Toumarches
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
11,549
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
People's Soviet Socialist Republic of Marylan
orthonorm said:
My life is a sign.

Oh J Michael, you asked me about the middle class women's disease du jour, but I can't remember what thread it was in. Getting pummeled for real illness will do that for you.

Yes, I've known exactly 5 persons who have had "lyme disease". They recovered fully once it was properly diagnosed as some something else. Two of those persons were diagnosed by me. One sought treatment at the Cleveland Clinic and I arguably saved her life or at least stopped the reduction quality of life she was experiencing due to "lyme disease". They all did have "lyme disease" but none of their symptoms were alleviated by treating it, but rather when the proper disease was found.

This is not to say lyme disease is not real, but it is often poorly and incorrectly diagnosed.

What you question had to do with the thread? I don't know. I would gladly look at photos of your wife's rash along with a case history, who knows, maybe my time starting at various photos of diseases and watching videos at medical college could pay off.

Oh yeah, it was the semen thread by Maria. I made a crack about semen, so again what does that have to do with your wife?
There was a semen thread?!?!?  I think I'm glad I missed that.  Oh.....wait a minute....okay, now I know the one you mean. 

Are you a doctor?  A medical doctor?  Not that that's a requirement for being able to diagnose Lyme...

My wife has had real Lyme disease, which went undiagnosed for a minimum of 2-3 years, for many years now.  Maria wanted to know if, because of the possibility of Lyme being sexually transmitted, I had any symptoms.  There's the connection.  I think.

My wife and I have no shortage of experience of being pummeled by "real" illness and other misfortunes of life.  But, hey...that's life.  We deal with it.
 

chrevbel

High Elder
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
708
Reaction score
0
Points
0
J Michael said:
You're right--there is no requirement for "Random Postings" to make sense, even though sometimes they actually do.
Actually, making sense or not might be irrelevant.  One of the few things one should reasonably expect in Random Postings is that a post does not reference a previous post.  That's not random.  And this post does, so it's not random, either.  Feel free to ban me, except that belongs in the Ban the person above you thread; but of course my referencing that one isn't random, either...
 
Top