• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
25
Location
The Underground
LBK said:
Better Irish Hermit's wisdom and knowledge than Achronos' juvenile rants.
I'd take Achronos' real, heartfelt, sincere rants over the "wisdom" of some pseudo-internet guru which passes for wisdom around here

And TheTrisagion's absence is the direct result of Achronos' "style and substance".  :mad:
All the more reason to like Achronos. Maybe now there'll be less spam with J Michael and Trisagion sharing stupid cat pictures with each other on every thread.
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,643
Reaction score
2
Points
38
I'd take Achronos' real, heartfelt, sincere rants over the "wisdom" of some pseudo-internet guru which passes for wisdom around here
Fr Ambrose is a priest-monk of some 40 years' experience. Show some respect, James.  :mad:
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
25
Location
The Underground
LBK said:
ZealousZeal said:
LBK said:
ZealousZeal said:
orthonorm said:
ZealousZeal said:
I was thinking of a list of categories, and then people would submit their votes for which thread/who best fits the category.
Boring. Hoi polloi are what they are for a reason. Once the exceptional are capable of judging one another.
May I count this as 1 point for "Most boring: ZZ"?
Add my vote. I'd also nominate it for "Most insufferably self-indulgent".
I'm also insufferably self-indulgent?! I thought we were friends! :D :D :D
Not you, my dear.  :-* Orthonorm and his hoi-polloi post.
Well, at least he didn't send someone an icon overseas and then demand it back. That'd be pretty self-indulgent; just sayin'.
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
25
Location
The Underground
LBK said:
I'd take Achronos' real, heartfelt, sincere rants over the "wisdom" of some pseudo-internet guru which passes for wisdom around here
Fr Ambrose is a priest-monk of some 40 years' experience. Show some respect, James.  :mad:
You certainly have no trouble speaking ill of another banned used who isn't even around to respond. Sounds pretty disrespectful to me.
 

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
8,839
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
JamesR said:
I'd take Achronos' real, heartfelt, sincere rants over the "wisdom" of some pseudo-internet guru which passes for wisdom around here
Look up Fr. Ambrose and tattoos here on the forum for a glimpse at the sort of person he is. He's not a pseudo-internet guru of any sort, but a down to earth guy passionate about certain things.
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,643
Reaction score
2
Points
38
JamesR said:
LBK said:
I'd take Achronos' real, heartfelt, sincere rants over the "wisdom" of some pseudo-internet guru which passes for wisdom around here
Fr Ambrose is a priest-monk of some 40 years' experience. Show some respect, James.  :mad:
You certainly have no trouble speaking ill of another banned used who isn't even around to respond. Sounds pretty disrespectful to me.
I saw the post which got Achronos banned before it was pulled. Did you? If you did, then, please, tell us why you think Achronos' banning was unjustified.
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
25
Location
The Underground
LBK said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
I'd take Achronos' real, heartfelt, sincere rants over the "wisdom" of some pseudo-internet guru which passes for wisdom around here
Fr Ambrose is a priest-monk of some 40 years' experience. Show some respect, James.  :mad:
You certainly have no trouble speaking ill of another banned used who isn't even around to respond. Sounds pretty disrespectful to me.
I saw the post which got Achronos banned before it was pulled. Did you? If you did, then, please, tell us why you think Achronos' banning was unjustified.
I certainly did see it; Cyrillic showed me an image of it via Facebook. I'm not talking about whether or not he deserved it; quite frankly, I don't care. What I disapprove of is typing ill things about him on here when he is not around to even defend himself. It's a low-blow and quite frankly something that sets me off. You're a bunch of cowardly snakes who are too afraid to say what you are thinking to his face. At least if I don't like someone on here I say it (and often suffer the green dot as a result), whereas you and a few others wait until he's gone to speak your mind. I don't appreciate the libelious posts against Achronos because jerk or not, he's my friend--along with Jason--and I stick up for my friends.
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,643
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Well, at least he didn't send someone an icon overseas and then demand it back. That'd be pretty self-indulgent; just sayin'.
William's shameful, disgraceful and irreverent performance on the Jesus bench press thread, and in subsequent threads before he chose to leave, showed that my gift was sent to someone who did not deserve it. Pearls before swine. He showed no remorse or regret over what he posted, either on the public forum, or in any PMs he sent to me.
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,643
Reaction score
2
Points
38
What I disapprove of is typing ill things about him on here when he is not around to even defend himself.
Spare me the sanctimony, James. I've exchanged PMs with Achronos, and, like William, couldn't, or wouldn't, acknowledge the offensive nature of his online behavior.
 

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
36,301
Reaction score
181
Points
63
Age
39
Location
New York!
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
JamesR said:
I certainly did see it; Cyrillic showed me an image of it via Facebook. I'm not talking about whether or not he deserved it; quite frankly, I don't care. What I disapprove of is typing ill things about him on here when he is not around to even defend himself. It's a low-blow and quite frankly something that sets me off. You're a bunch of cowardly snakes who are too afraid to say what you are thinking to his face. At least if I don't like someone on here I say it (and often suffer the green dot as a result), whereas you and a few others wait until he's gone to speak your mind. I don't appreciate the libelious posts against Achronos because jerk or not, he's my friend--along with Jason--and I stick up for my friends.


 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,563
Reaction score
313
Points
83
ZealousZeal said:
Random: I keep pinching a nerve in my lower neck/upper shoulder area. It comes out of nowhere but nearly drops me when it happens- it's so painful. I can't figure out why or what I'm doing to exacerbate it. I thought maybe from hunching over my sewing machine when I quilt, but I haven't done that in about a month. Yesterday it randomly happened when I was running on the treadmill and I nearly fell off. But I don't do anything crazy with my arms when I run- just the natural swinging... So what gives?
I don't know, but I can certainly sympathize...  :-\
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
25
Location
The Underground
LBK said:
What I disapprove of is typing ill things about him on here when he is not around to even defend himself.
Spare me the sanctimony, James. I've exchanged PMs with Achronos, and, like William, couldn't, or wouldn't, acknowledge the offensive nature of his online behavior.
And this matters why?....Two wrongs don't make a right.
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
25
Location
The Underground
LBK said:
Well, at least he didn't send someone an icon overseas and then demand it back. That'd be pretty self-indulgent; just sayin'.
William's shameful, disgraceful and irreverent performance on the Jesus bench press thread, and in subsequent threads before he chose to leave, showed that my gift was sent to someone who did not deserve it. Pearls before swine. He showed no remorse or regret over what he posted, either on the public forum, or in any PMs he sent to me.
And I'm glad he didn't; in fact, I'm the one who told him to stand his ground. Funny that you would claim to have the moral high ground here "pearls before swine" thing when you're the one gossiping about them. You know, I chat with William on a daily basis and he never once gossiped about you. You can't even give him the same liberty.

Again, you have no problem gossiping when the people aren't around. At least I'm man enough to face my opponents to their face (well not exactly, but you know what I mean).
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,643
Reaction score
2
Points
38
JamesR said:
LBK said:
Well, at least he didn't send someone an icon overseas and then demand it back. That'd be pretty self-indulgent; just sayin'.
William's shameful, disgraceful and irreverent performance on the Jesus bench press thread, and in subsequent threads before he chose to leave, showed that my gift was sent to someone who did not deserve it. Pearls before swine. He showed no remorse or regret over what he posted, either on the public forum, or in any PMs he sent to me.
And I'm glad he didn't; in fact, I'm the one who told him to stand his ground.

Again, you have no problem gossiping when the people aren't around. At least I'm man enough to face my opponents to their face (well not exactly, but you know what I mean).
I confronted both Achronos and William on their behavior when they were still part of the forum, yet they continued to behave like self-indulgent brats. Your willful ignorance isn't doing you any favors.
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,643
Reaction score
2
Points
38
JamesR said:
LBK said:
What I disapprove of is typing ill things about him on here when he is not around to even defend himself.
Spare me the sanctimony, James. I've exchanged PMs with Achronos, and, like William, couldn't, or wouldn't, acknowledge the offensive nature of his online behavior.
And this matters why?....Two wrongs don't make a right.
Indeed, both Achronos and William were wrong. Unfortunately, they showed themselves too stubborn in the invincibility of their youth to recognize their offense.
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
25
Location
The Underground
LBK said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
Well, at least he didn't send someone an icon overseas and then demand it back. That'd be pretty self-indulgent; just sayin'.
William's shameful, disgraceful and irreverent performance on the Jesus bench press thread, and in subsequent threads before he chose to leave, showed that my gift was sent to someone who did not deserve it. Pearls before swine. He showed no remorse or regret over what he posted, either on the public forum, or in any PMs he sent to me.
And I'm glad he didn't; in fact, I'm the one who told him to stand his ground.

Again, you have no problem gossiping when the people aren't around. At least I'm man enough to face my opponents to their face (well not exactly, but you know what I mean).
I confronted both Achronos and William on their behavior when they were still part of the forum, yet they continued to behave like self-indulgent brats. Your willful ignorance isn't doing you any favors.
Who made you a mod? William was never warned once btw, which is odd seeing that you always appear to be in trouble or on moderation. In any case, I don't see the benefit talking badly about them when they're gone. Achronos got his penalty but you're still kicking his corpse and William isn't around anymore so why keep picking at him?
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
25
Location
The Underground
LBK said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
What I disapprove of is typing ill things about him on here when he is not around to even defend himself.
Spare me the sanctimony, James. I've exchanged PMs with Achronos, and, like William, couldn't, or wouldn't, acknowledge the offensive nature of his online behavior.
And this matters why?....Two wrongs don't make a right.
Indeed, both Achronos and William were wrong. Unfortunately, they showed themselves too stubborn in the invincibility of their youth to recognize their offense.
You mean like gossiping behind people's backs like high school girls?
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,643
Reaction score
2
Points
38
You know, I chat with William on a daily basis and he never once gossiped about you.
The only way you would have known about the icon is if you could read my PMs, or if William told you.

Give it up, James. True friends tell the naked truth to their friends, not mollycoddle their crass and offensive behavior.
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
25
Location
The Underground
LBK said:
The only way you would have known about the icon is if you could read my PMs, or if William told you.
Actually I found out from a third party then asked William about it.

Give it up, James. True friends tell the naked truth to their friends, not mollycoddle their crass and offensive behavior.
I have told them the naked truth to their faces; you simply just gossip about them. Not even I gossip and I think we can all agree my standards are pretty low.
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,643
Reaction score
2
Points
38
JamesR said:
LBK said:
The only way you would have known about the icon is if you could read my PMs, or if William told you.
Actually I found out from a third party then asked William about it.

Give it up, James. True friends tell the naked truth to their friends, not mollycoddle their crass and offensive behavior.
I have told them the naked truth to their faces; you simply just gossip about them. Not even I gossip.
Gossip isn't gossip when it's the truth. Something you have great difficulty in facing or accepting.
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
25
Location
The Underground
LBK said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
The only way you would have known about the icon is if you could read my PMs, or if William told you.
Actually I found out from a third party then asked William about it.

Give it up, James. True friends tell the naked truth to their friends, not mollycoddle their crass and offensive behavior.
I have told them the naked truth to their faces; you simply just gossip about them. Not even I gossip.
Gossip isn't gossip when it's the truth. Something you have great difficulty in facing or accepting.
"Nothing is true; all is permitted"
 

Ansgar

Archon
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
3,060
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
27
JamesR said:
LBK said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
The only way you would have known about the icon is if you could read my PMs, or if William told you.
Actually I found out from a third party then asked William about it.

Give it up, James. True friends tell the naked truth to their friends, not mollycoddle their crass and offensive behavior.
I have told them the naked truth to their faces; you simply just gossip about them. Not even I gossip.
Gossip isn't gossip when it's the truth. Something you have great difficulty in facing or accepting.
"Nothing is true; all is permitted"
Are you quoting Assasin's Creed because you think it's true or because it sounds cool?
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Ansgar said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
The only way you would have known about the icon is if you could read my PMs, or if William told you.
Actually I found out from a third party then asked William about it.

Give it up, James. True friends tell the naked truth to their friends, not mollycoddle their crass and offensive behavior.
I have told them the naked truth to their faces; you simply just gossip about them. Not even I gossip.
Gossip isn't gossip when it's the truth. Something you have great difficulty in facing or accepting.
"Nothing is true; all is permitted"
Are you quoting Assasin's Creed because you think it's true or because it sounds cool?
I think James was showing LBK's words for what they were and the end of her own logic.

But I am responding cause I have learned here that Assassin's Creed is a computer game. Do you think that quote originates there?
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
LBK said:
Well, at least he didn't send someone an icon overseas and then demand it back. That'd be pretty self-indulgent; just sayin'.
William's shameful, disgraceful and irreverent performance on the Jesus bench press thread, and in subsequent threads before he chose to leave, showed that my gift was sent to someone who did not deserve it. Pearls before swine. He showed no remorse or regret over what he posted, either on the public forum, or in any PMs he sent to me.
LOL! William never told me this. You can say a lot about William, but the guy has his principles and sticks to them for better and worse. Not gossiping about others is one of them.

Oh that is rich! Asking for an icon back!
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
LBK said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
The only way you would have known about the icon is if you could read my PMs, or if William told you.
Actually I found out from a third party then asked William about it.

Give it up, James. True friends tell the naked truth to their friends, not mollycoddle their crass and offensive behavior.
I have told them the naked truth to their faces; you simply just gossip about them. Not even I gossip.
Gossip isn't gossip when it's the truth. Something you have great difficulty in facing or accepting.
Some one older and wiser than you once gave me a definition of gossip you might like to take up, so that you spare yourself some pointless use of energy:

Before saying something about someone else, ask:

Is it true?
Is it necessary?
Is it kind?

This woman was as near a Saint as any I have ever met. But who am I kidding? There is enough room in those words for you to wrench your own righteousness into.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
LBK said:
And Trisagion isn't not here cause of what Shiny posted.
Nonsense. The emails he sent me are proof you don't know what you're talking about.  :mad: I suspect you also didn't see the OP that Achronos posted which got him banned. Nobody should be subjected to such a torrent of explicit abuse, and nobody's family should be smeared in such a vile way as did Achronos to TheTrisagion's family.
People can claim whatever they want about the reasons for their actions. There is a reason psychologists exist. If people were so good at knowing the causes and conditions for their own actions and how to remedy them, we wouldn't need shrinks, Priests, and the like.

Trisagion has bigger fish to fry than Shiny and for once I am not making a short joke.

Well, actually I am, but I am also making a larger point as well.

This is not to say Shiny didn't deserve what he got, he did as I have said all along. But let's not add to his proper banishment the actions of others, as fortunate as those actions might be. Well adjusted men don't crumple into a ball of self-doubt and announce to a bunch of strangers asking for sympathy cause someone said something bad about their family which 3 people or so saw.

They either exact revenge on the said person, which maybe is Trisagion's long game (in that case props), or they blow it off and move on.

Anyway, the moderators should be thanked for their actions in the speed with which they removed Shiny's content. It is a good example for others here that such behavior will almost no effect and that no one has to live in fear of such action taken against them.

Few boards would have moved with such agility. I believe Cyrillic is to be thanked for the deletion of the material, but perhaps it was another mod. In any case, good show!

I am guessing positive "criticism" of moderator action is OK? As I have trumpted the mods in the past without warning or recourse.
 

Ansgar

Archon
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
3,060
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
27
orthonorm said:
Ansgar said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
The only way you would have known about the icon is if you could read my PMs, or if William told you.
Actually I found out from a third party then asked William about it.

Give it up, James. True friends tell the naked truth to their friends, not mollycoddle their crass and offensive behavior.
I have told them the naked truth to their faces; you simply just gossip about them. Not even I gossip.
Gossip isn't gossip when it's the truth. Something you have great difficulty in facing or accepting.
"Nothing is true; all is permitted"
Are you quoting Assasin's Creed because you think it's true or because it sounds cool?
I think James was showing LBK's words for what they were and the end of her own logic.

But I am responding cause I have learned here that Assassin's Creed is a computer game. Do you think that quote originates there?
I'm not sure. I haven't come across it any other places, but I certainly won't leave out the possibility. 

As far as I know, the phrase is supposed to illustrate the assasins' world view and philosophy.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Ansgar said:
orthonorm said:
Ansgar said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
The only way you would have known about the icon is if you could read my PMs, or if William told you.
Actually I found out from a third party then asked William about it.

Give it up, James. True friends tell the naked truth to their friends, not mollycoddle their crass and offensive behavior.
I have told them the naked truth to their faces; you simply just gossip about them. Not even I gossip.
Gossip isn't gossip when it's the truth. Something you have great difficulty in facing or accepting.
"Nothing is true; all is permitted"
Are you quoting Assasin's Creed because you think it's true or because it sounds cool?
I think James was showing LBK's words for what they were and the end of her own logic.

But I am responding cause I have learned here that Assassin's Creed is a computer game. Do you think that quote originates there?
I'm not sure. I haven't come across it any other places, but I certainly won't leave out the possibility. 

As far as I know, the phrase is supposed to illustrate the assasins' world view and philosophy.
Well you have the sentiment all over the place throughout time, Neech put the nearly the exact phrase in his Zarathrustra in his larger critique of nihilism. You have it attributed loosely to Hassan-i Sabbah in some writings I have come across from the late 19th and early 20th century. (You could say it occurs is in a rather strong form in the Brothers Karamazov.)

From Neech and those writings, you have a lot of people confused about what Neech meant using it in some rather insipid "counter culture" literature in the late 60s through the 90s.

I would like to see the quote sourced better, but that is just off the top of my head. Someone had in their profile info here for a while, Jewish Voice maybe, that's when I realized it was associated with the video game you named.
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
1
Points
0
People. This is internet. It's not something to be taken seriously. Sky won't fall even if someone is being moron on internet or if someone is banned from an internet forum.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Alpo said:
People. This is internet. It's not something to be taken seriously. Sky won't fall even if someone is being moron on internet or if someone is banned from an internet forum.
Don't calm them. Not that you can. People like to get spun up.
 

Ansgar

Archon
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
3,060
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
27
orthonorm said:
Ansgar said:
orthonorm said:
Ansgar said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
JamesR said:
LBK said:
The only way you would have known about the icon is if you could read my PMs, or if William told you.
Actually I found out from a third party then asked William about it.

Give it up, James. True friends tell the naked truth to their friends, not mollycoddle their crass and offensive behavior.
I have told them the naked truth to their faces; you simply just gossip about them. Not even I gossip.
Gossip isn't gossip when it's the truth. Something you have great difficulty in facing or accepting.
"Nothing is true; all is permitted"
Are you quoting Assasin's Creed because you think it's true or because it sounds cool?
I think James was showing LBK's words for what they were and the end of her own logic.

But I am responding cause I have learned here that Assassin's Creed is a computer game. Do you think that quote originates there?
I'm not sure. I haven't come across it any other places, but I certainly won't leave out the possibility.  

As far as I know, the phrase is supposed to illustrate the assasins' world view and philosophy.
Well you have the sentiment all over the place throughout time, Neech put the nearly the exact phrase in his Zarathrustra in his larger critique of nihilism. You have it attributed loosely to Hassan-i Sabbah in some writings I have come across from the late 19th and early 20th century. (You could say it occurs is in a rather strong form in the Brothers Karamazov.)

From Neech and those writings, you have a lot of people confused about what Neech meant using it in some rather insipid "counter culture" literature in the late 60s through the 90s.

I would like to see the quote sourced better, but that is just off the top of my head. Someone had in their profile info here for a while, Jewish Voice maybe, that's when I realized it was associated with the video game you named.
Interesting. Do you think you could post the quote from Zarathustra? I don't have it myself.
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
1
Points
0
I must at least try. Even if I fail I can still feel myself better than them.

.
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,563
Reaction score
313
Points
83
Alpo said:
People. This is internet. It's not something to be taken seriously. Sky won't fall even if someone is being moron on internet or if someone is banned from an internet forum.
But things would get quite a bit more "serious" in real life if a similar situation arose, so...  8)
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Asteriktos said:
Alpo said:
People. This is internet. It's not something to be taken seriously. Sky won't fall even if someone is being moron on internet or if someone is banned from an internet forum.
But things would get quite a bit more "serious" in real life if a similar situation arose, so...  8)
You get all worked up in real life if someone disagree with you?
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,563
Reaction score
313
Points
83
Alpo said:
Asteriktos said:
Alpo said:
People. This is internet. It's not something to be taken seriously. Sky won't fall even if someone is being moron on internet or if someone is banned from an internet forum.
But things would get quite a bit more "serious" in real life if a similar situation arose, so...  8)
You get all worked up in real life if someone disagree with you?
If someone said they were going to [do that] to my girlfriend/wife in real life I'd punch them in the face. If they were semi-serious I'd continue my response; if they weren't serious and just trying to be crude to get a rise out of me... well it would have worked, so ... mission accomplished?
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Alpo said:
Asteriktos said:
Alpo said:
People. This is internet. It's not something to be taken seriously. Sky won't fall even if someone is being moron on internet or if someone is banned from an internet forum.
But things would get quite a bit more "serious" in real life if a similar situation arose, so...  8)
You get all worked up in real life if someone disagree with you?
He is referring to what Shiny posted in particular. I would sit about anyone down over the matter. What I wouldn't do is email women across the globe for hand holding.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
A Russian national keeps sending things to my place. Which is nice an all, but the things are getting progressively larger, more attention catching, and more expensive, which in my neighborhood could cause me a lot of trouble.

So could you folks in ROCOR, ROC, or anyone living east of Hamburg let Alexis Andreyev know I said thanks, but to knock it off already?
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
25
Location
The Underground
Ansgar said:
Are you quoting Assasin's Creed because you think it's true or because it sounds cool?
I'm appealing to a popular culture reference because I believe that the timeless message within it applies in this case. Once the offender becomes the judge then there is no longer any "truth" because no offender will ever admit to their guilt or offense; it all becomes permitted as they will constantly change it in order to excuse their own violations of it. This to me appeared to be the end result of the poster's logical chain.
 
Top