• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
6,807
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Age
50
PeterTheAleut said:
LBK said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Orion can kiss my butt! :mad: On Thursday and Friday nights the hunter dropped 6-12 inches of snow on us. Now he's pelting us with freezing rain. OY VE!
Many a Canadian, especially Manitobans, would laugh mightily at your complaint.  ;)
Of course they would! :laugh: We don't get snow storms like this but once every 5-7 years, and it's been 10 years since we've had an ice storm like tonight's. Imagine Phoenix, Arizona, getting 4 inches of rained dumped on them in one day. It's kinda like that.

and I suspect they are no better there with the 'how to plow roads' then they are up here...


oh if it makes you feel better, it finally started snowing up here....
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
1
Points
0
So I atteneded an English liturgy today. It felt a bit weird to hear English in a liturgical context.
 

Severian

Taxiarches
Joined
Jul 4, 2011
Messages
6,642
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
Maths wasn't never my strong suite.
It was absolutely horrible.
It was fun up to a certain point. Pretty much like solving a jigsaw puzzle. Too bad that I wasn't anyhow talented and have lost most of what I learnt.
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,501
Reaction score
265
Points
83
Age
41
It still boggles my mind that I was learning division and multiplication and such fairly early in elementary school... and yet never got further than algebra in the rest of school. Seriously? What was I doing all that time?  ???
 

J Michael

Toumarches
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
11,549
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
People's Soviet Socialist Republic of Marylan
Asteriktos said:
It still boggles my mind that I was learning division and multiplication and such fairly early in elementary school... and yet never got further than algebra in the rest of school. Seriously? What was I doing all that time?  ???
When (if) you figure that out, please let me know.  I was probably doing pretty much the same thing. 8)
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
1
Points
0
I'm having a job interview tomorrow afternoon. A bit anxious over it despite the fact that I shouldn't have anything to worry about. Hopefully I get to sleep tonight instead of just rolling in my bed as I've had some minor troubles with getting to sleep lately.
 

Severian

Taxiarches
Joined
Jul 4, 2011
Messages
6,642
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
Alpo said:
I'm having a job interview tomorrow afternoon. A bit anxious over it despite the fact that I shouldn't have anything to worry about. Hopefully I get to sleep tonight instead of just rolling in my bed as I've had some minor troubles with getting to sleep lately.
Good luck.
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
24
Location
The Underground
I hate seeing my two African Dwarf Frogs mating in their tank virtually all-day every day. It's very frustrating knowing that they're getting more action than I am (which is nothing).
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
49
Location
Portland, Oregon
JamesR said:
I hate seeing my two African Dwarf Frogs mating in their tank virtually all-day every day. It's very frustrating knowing that they're getting more action than I am (which is nothing).
You and your unsatisfied hormones. ::) :p ;)

I suppose it's better than putting two bullfrogs in the same tank and watching one eat the other.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
JamesR said:
I hate seeing my two African Dwarf Frogs mating in their tank virtually all-day every day. It's very frustrating knowing that they're getting more action than I am (which is nothing).
LOL!
 

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
6,807
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Age
50
JamesR said:
I hate seeing my two African Dwarf Frogs mating in their tank virtually all-day every day. It's very frustrating knowing that they're getting more action than I am (which is nothing).

Rejoice and be glad....those female frogs are so needy and clingy....
 

Severian

Taxiarches
Joined
Jul 4, 2011
Messages
6,642
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Someone sent me a note that "michal" stopped posting here. I thought they meant J Michael.

Oh well.
 

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
DeniseDenise said:
JamesR said:
I hate seeing my two African Dwarf Frogs mating in their tank virtually all-day every day. It's very frustrating knowing that they're getting more action than I am (which is nothing).

Rejoice and be glad....those female frogs are so needy and clingy....
Ha!!
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
I can sign up for a program to go to Washington D.C. for a while to work on some manuscripts. Should I do it and come over to the New World?
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,501
Reaction score
265
Points
83
Age
41
Cyrillic said:
I can sign up for a program to go to Washington D.C. for a while to work on some manuscripts. Should I do it and come over to the New World?
Go west, young man!  :)



(what kind of manuscripts?)
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
24
Location
The Underground
My grandmother's brother to the far right making me proud...the coolest guy in the family to me who I hope to be just like when I grow up. Amidst a family of uneducated, broke Mexicans, he acquired a PhD and became a nuclear scientist, inspiring me to believe that I can be whatever I want to be when I grow up. He's also a convert to Greek Orthodoxy, having converted against the wishes of his family, kinda foreshadowing what I would go on to do.



I'm very bummed that he's going to be dying in a few months :(
 

Maria

Toumarches
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Messages
14,023
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
USA
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
JamesR said:
My grandmother's brother to the far right making me proud...the coolest guy in the family to me who I hope to be just like when I grow up. Amidst a family of uneducated, broke Mexicans, he acquired a PhD and became a nuclear scientist, inspiring me to believe that I can be whatever I want to be when I grow up. He's also a convert to Greek Orthodoxy, having converted against the wishes of his family, kinda foreshadowing what I would go on to do.



I'm very bummed that he's going to be dying in a few months :(
Lord have mercy.
Did he come into contact with radioactivity in his experiments?
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
24
Location
The Underground
Maria said:
JamesR said:
My grandmother's brother to the far right making me proud...the coolest guy in the family to me who I hope to be just like when I grow up. Amidst a family of uneducated, broke Mexicans, he acquired a PhD and became a nuclear scientist, inspiring me to believe that I can be whatever I want to be when I grow up. He's also a convert to Greek Orthodoxy, having converted against the wishes of his family, kinda foreshadowing what I would go on to do.



I'm very bummed that he's going to be dying in a few months :(
Lord have mercy.
Did he come into contact with radioactivity in his experiments?
I don't know, possibly; he has stage 4 cancer and had to have his stomach removed. I wouldn't be surprised if he did. He's only like 62 years old.
 

Maria

Toumarches
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Messages
14,023
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
USA
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
JamesR said:
Maria said:
JamesR said:
My grandmother's brother to the far right making me proud...the coolest guy in the family to me who I hope to be just like when I grow up. Amidst a family of uneducated, broke Mexicans, he acquired a PhD and became a nuclear scientist, inspiring me to believe that I can be whatever I want to be when I grow up. He's also a convert to Greek Orthodoxy, having converted against the wishes of his family, kinda foreshadowing what I would go on to do.



I'm very bummed that he's going to be dying in a few months :(
Lord have mercy.
Did he come into contact with radioactivity in his experiments?
I don't know, possibly; he has stage 4 cancer and had to have his stomach removed. I wouldn't be surprised if he did. He's only like 62 years old.
Lord have mercy. 62 is quite young.

We have a Greek Orthodox shrine to St. Nectarios here in West Covina, California. They can send oil. Many miracles involving cancer have occurred. I also venerated the rib of St. Nectarios. I had cancer and I have been in remission since 2000.
 

Severian

Taxiarches
Joined
Jul 4, 2011
Messages
6,642
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
I'm terribly sorry James, may God grant you and your family comfort.

@Maria May God grant you good health, many years to you.
 
Top