Random Postings

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I have just finished purchasing very ugly headphones with a microphone, because evidently everything on the Tempe campus of ASU must shut down on Saturday's, no later than 4 P.M., except for the P.O.D. Market (a convenience store).

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Had to go youtube it to see what happened. That was ... lol...

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Does anyone here have a blog? Roll call.

I've been working on a project, but it deals with cosmetics, so I doubt that 99.9% of the board would be interested in reading it. LOL. But I do want to read OC.net users' blogs.
Speaking of blogs, would anyone read one if I started one?

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
deum-quaerens.blogspot.com
JamesRottnek said:
IsmiLiora said:

I've been working on a project, but it deals with cosmetics, so I doubt that 99.9% of the board would be interested in reading it. LOL. But I do want to read OC.net users' blogs.
NI!

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score

Love it!

This was quite an interesting weekend. Hubby and I are now sick and worn out, but it was a very busy weekend. Among the festivities that occurred was going shooting for the first time...I already know what type of gun I want to first purchase for myself (well, the basic type)! I'm not going to say it was easy, though. I was terrified when they first handed me a handgun. Everyone thought that I was "kidding" when I told them that I was born into an anti-gun Asian family and had never held a firearm in my life until I took the first shot (it was a foot high off the target). They gave me the safety lecture and told me how to aim, but some of the guys said they thought I had at least shot once or twice....obviously they are not from the north. ;)

It was a lot of fun to shoot targets, though. Apparently a lot of the guys and gals do that around here on the weekends.

Now I have to do the work I've been putting off all weekend. Lovely. I hope that this upcoming week will be more calm, especially since I feel terrible. No time to be sick with publishing week coming ahead. :(

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Azurestone said:
JamesRottnek said:
IsmiLiora said:

NI!

??? I wish I spoke a foreign language...

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Is Azurestone speaking Ukrainian!

You should totally try, JamesRottnek. Even self-teaching is better (sometimes) than not knowing anything at all. When I have nothing to do, I have a pile of French, Hebrew, etc. workbooks at my disposal. My knowledge is a perfect mishmash but I hope to hit fluency on one of them someday. My professors told me to just pick one language, but I'm ADD in everything, even foreign language study. Just trying to stick to Arabic and Spanish now...

PS YES I will read anyone's blog. If any females are interested in reading about the beauty industry, PM me and hopefully I can provide a link once I get this project off the ground (if I have TIME).

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
JamesRottnek said:
Azurestone said:
JamesRottnek said:
IsmiLiora said:

NI!

??? I wish I spoke a foreign language...
Give it 20 years and you will be.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Wait, I forgot my ultimate brag for this weekend: I actually shot a X (on the paper "human" targets) from 50 feet away. I am keeping the paper for posterity. I am too much of a lady to reveal that my other shots were wildly inconsistent, although half of them were kill shots. (The guys were laughing at me and saying that I sounded like the people giving commentaries on "Deadliest Warrior." Yeah, probably.)

Okay, now I gotta get off this board and start working! OC.net, why can't I quit you?