Random Postings

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
Wayne's love's language, his mixtapes are great.

West is the best hip hopper of the decade. Easy.
Dude. PM Dawn was genius.

This is angering.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
Wayne's love's language, his mixtapes are great.

West is the best hip hopper of the decade. Easy.
Dude. PM Dawn was genius.

This is angering.
Ha, sorry but West killed it with MDTF, and I didn't think he could get better after Late Registration. Love the ego and bravado and decadence and evilness.

That record straight up sounds like the workings of Satan, I couldn't stop laughing the first time I heard it, it sounded so demonic, chalk that up to his studio mastery.

Haters can hate on Wayne all day, fine. Da Drought 3 was one of my favorite mixtapes of recent.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
orthonorm said:
PM Dawn was genius.

Yeah, I could see that actually... (srs)
I was actually meaning Achronos' deprecation.

And for the record, De La Soul is Dead is another slept on. SRSLY, like on van Winkle.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I am on the Nj transit train and I am already seeing fashion disasters and hearing bad accents galore! It's good to be back in my home state. LOL

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
celticfan1888 said:
IsmiLiora said:
celticfan1888 said:
primuspilus said:
I did want to share that if Anime people were real they'd look terrible......or diseased.
akimori makoto is a real life anime character.
If you're saying he looks diseased, we need to take this outside.
No, I didnt mean that. lol.
What did you mean then? *Single eyebrow raised emote*
That you love anime. ;)

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
I am on the Nj transit train and I am already seeing fashion disasters and hearing bad accents galore! It's good to be back in my home state. LOL
In which state do you live?

Severian

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
Asteriktos said:
Severian said:
test

test1
Test - D-

Test1 - F

Recommendation: More studying, less praying for good grades ;)
LOL. :laugh:

I wasn't talking about that kind of test!

And BTW, I did alright on the tests I took. ;)

*Sarcasm* After all, can a genius such as myself possibly do poorly on a test? 8)

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
IsmiLiora said:
In which state do you live?
Well, you should obviously be on the 1 day out of the month I actually can get on chat, because I always get that question!

J/k. I don't have an issue saying in PMs/chats the state I live in, city if we are good enough internetz buddies, but I'd rather not post it on the board. Although I did reveal my approximate location once or twice, but that was because I was posting in a panic.

Back from vacation and back to reality...about to fall asleep in front of my computer while my boss is frantically g-chatting me. List of chores and all to do today. Yay :(

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
I'm happy happy happy!

Me and my new Puerto Rican "friend" went to NOLA and went to the Zoo, my uncle's restaurant, and Sucre'. Then we hung out at her house... Hehehe I'm happy.  ;)

Just a hint at what happened last night that made me so happy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDs7taPjEp4

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Ok ladies, you got some 'splainin to do. Doctors. What's the deal with thinking they're the cat's meow?

- Work long hours
- Possibly have to be on call at all hours of the day/night
- Stressful work
- Exponentially greater potential of bringing some sickness home

So... basically you girls want a guy who is an sick a**hole who is never home.  ???

(Apologies to any doctors on the board... but not really... but feel free to disabuse many of any ignorant assumptions)

;D

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Celtic, if that is supposed to be a hint, I would work on your subtlety. Just a friend? ;)

And *, L.M.A.O. I actually never saw the appeal of doctors. I was always pining after military men/police officers/anyone with a uniform including at one time my UPS delivery guy (scrubs and the white coat doesn't really count to me, though). And military men:

-Work really long hours
-Are away from the house for days/weeks/months/years at a time
-May possibly return changed
-May DIE at work.

It's the uniform, I guess. And the life-saving thing, perhaps... :)

IT IS FREEZING in my apartment. They are NOW replacing the boiler and it won't be up and running until the end of the week. It's only 69 degrees outside but for some reason it feels much colder in here. After finishing some work, I went into storage and pulled out all of my sweaters. It's a matter of time, anyway.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Ok ladies, you got some 'splainin to do. Doctors. What's the deal with thinking they're the cat's meow?

- Work long hours
- Stressful work

So... basically you girls want a guy who is an sick a**hole who is never home.  ???

(Apologies to any doctors on the board... but not really... but feel free to disabuse many of any ignorant assumptions)

;D
If a physician is brilliant, then they go into nephrology. Probably the only part of diagnostic medicine that requires much brain power. If they have a little brain power, they become intensivists.

The former will not work a lot of hours will be certainly capable at pursuing many interests (interesting), work regular hours, and make a tons of cash and not likely to bring home disease.

The latter could very well work odd and long hours and deal with a lot of burn out.

If you are REALLY smart in a practical way, you become an EM physician. The average work week is about 32 hours. Regular shifts. Not a lot of emotional baggage to bring home. If you move to a rural area you will probably increase your work hours by 1/3 and salary by a 100%.

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Asteriktos said:

- Work long hours
- Stressful work

;D
If a physician is brilliant, then they go into nephrology. Probably the only part of diagnostic medicine that requires much brain power. If they have a little brain power, they become intensivists.

The former will not work a lot of hours will be certainly capable at pursuing many interests (interesting), work regular hours, and make a tons of cash and not likely to bring home disease.

The latter could very well work odd and long hours and deal with a lot of burn out.

If you are REALLY smart in a practical way, you become an EM physician. The average work week is about 32 hours. Regular shifts. Not a lot of emotional baggage to bring home. If you move to a rural area you will probably increase your work hours by 1/3 and salary by a 100%.
I always wondered why House MD was a nephrologist.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Jonathan Gress said:
orthonorm said:
Asteriktos said:

- Work long hours
- Stressful work

;D

I always wondered why House MD was a nephrologist.
Really, the kidneys are involved in EVERYTHING. Ask any non-glitzy physician you know about who are the truly brilliant docs, they are going to say nephrologists.

He also is board certified in infectious diseases.