Random Postings

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Just found an old Bud Spencer & Terence Hill film. I think I'm gonna watch it tonight.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
http://www.kitchendaily.com/read/10-sweets-we-want-try-week?hpt=hp_bn18

Mmm, snacks. How many more weeks in Lent?  ;)

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Is anyone very familiar with the Minneapolis St. Paul airport? I flew through there years ago and I remember it being really organized, but not much else. Wondering if a 47 minute layover there is too short. It's definitely shorter than I usually go for, but it's either that or I sit in Detroit for hours, and I'd really, really rather not.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-26705167

Bez of the Happy Mondays is running for Parliament! Well, at least he'd be fun, more than you can usually say for elected officials.  :)

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Some evenings my fire making skills just seem to fail, and i have to restart the fire with matches....bah..

Oh the feelings of failure.... :-\

Seth84

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Is anyone very familiar with the Minneapolis St. Paul airport? I flew through there years ago and I remember it being really organized, but not much else. Wondering if a 47 minute layover there is too short. It's definitely shorter than I usually go for, but it's either that or I sit in Detroit for hours, and I'd really, really rather not.
I have traveled through there several times.  You're gonna be cutting it close, but it is doable.  Last time I went through there, I literally had to run through the airport.  If you don't mind the stress of it and have the stamina, I say go for it.  Also, if you map it out before hand, they have indoor trains that'll get you to where you need to be pretty quickly. 

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Ionnis said:
ZealousZeal said:
I have traveled through there several times.  You're gonna be cutting it close, but it is doable.  Last time I went through there, I literally had to run through the airport.  If you don't mind the stress of it and have the stamina, I say go for it.  Also, if you map it out before hand, they have indoor trains that'll get you to where you need to be pretty quickly. 
Thanks for the input, Ionnis. I had to run through Detroit once and it was not my favorite experience, so I'm not too eager to do it again. I don't know what I'm going to do... maybe I missed a better itinerary.

Cognomen

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Archdiocese of Baghdad, Kuwait and Dependencies
ZealousZeal said:
Ionnis said:
ZealousZeal said:
Thanks for the input, Ionnis. I had to run through Detroit once and it was not my favorite experience, so I'm not too eager to do it again. I don't know what I'm going to do... maybe I missed a better itinerary.
It's one of the better airports to do what you're doing, actually.  Very well organized, not overly large, the indoor trains, and all of the terminals are fairly near each other.  It is, as Ionnis mentioned, cutting it very close, but provided you've done all of your checking-in beforehand, and there aren't any significant delays on the arrival, you should be fine.

Best wishes though.

Hawkeye

Hyperprōtopansebastohalieus
Reaction score
Considering some recent threads, how many times has this site seen people join solely to defend themselves after having been mentioned? What about people who joined simply to argue against them?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Hawkeye said:
Considering some recent threads, how many times has this site seen people join solely to defend themselves after having been mentioned? What about people who joined simply to argue against them?
I am vaguely aware of ralfellis, is there another? The only one that comes to mind that I'm certain about was when Dr. Jeannie Constantinou showed up (forum user drjeannie). I believe the Orthodox Christian Al Green might have came to refute some comments about him and/or his site (probably comments made by me, certainly obnoxious in tone if they were), but I'm not sure about that, and can't seem to locate his profile. I also contacted Dr. James Cutsinger when he was being discussed, but he did not come to the site and just pointed to a text that he thought would be helpful.

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Hawkeye said:
I am vaguely aware of ralfellis, is there another? The only one that comes to mind that I'm certain about was when Dr. Jeannie Constantinou showed up (forum user drjeannie). I believe the Orthodox Christian Al Green might have came to refute some comments about him and/or his site (probably comments made by me, certainly obnoxious in tone if they were), but I'm not sure about that, and can't seem to locate his profile. I also contacted Dr. James Cutsinger when he was being discussed, but he did not come to the site and just pointed to a text that he thought would be helpful.
Olivianus (Drake Shelton) is a newcomer, and, boy, is he angry.  :p

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Army helicopters are circling above, tanks are driving on the motorway and armed soldiers are marching through the streets. Now that isn't something you see every day. It seems the Nuclear Summit has begun.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
LBK said:
Asteriktos said:
Hawkeye said:
Olivianus (Drake Shelton) is a newcomer, and, boy, is he angry.  :p
The Beetlejuice principle is strong...

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Cognomen said:
ZealousZeal said:
Ionnis said:
ZealousZeal said:
It's one of the better airports to do what you're doing, actually.  Very well organized, not overly large, the indoor trains, and all of the terminals are fairly near each other.  It is, as Ionnis mentioned, cutting it very close, but provided you've done all of your checking-in beforehand, and there aren't any significant delays on the arrival, you should be fine.

Best wishes though.
I found another option that gives me an hour and 15 minutes in Atlanta. I know that airport like the back of my hand, so I'm going to take that one I think. Thanks for the input, guys!

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Dave Brockie, also known as Oderus Urungus, lead singer of Gwar, has died aged 50. The cause of death has yet to be announced.

I saw Gwar many times and have all their albums. Rest in peace.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Army helicopters are circling above, tanks are driving on the motorway and armed soldiers are marching through the streets. Now that isn't something you see every day. It seems the Nuclear Summit has begun.
Sounds fairly scary. Even more when one thinks of all Crimea-related news.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Did I miss something? Is today some second April Fools day? Internet is suddenly filled with complete lunacy. Did Cthulhu return or why everything is suddenly turning upside down?

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Did I miss something? Is today some second April Fools day? Internet is suddenly filled with complete lunacy. Did Cthulhu return or why everything is suddenly turning upside down?
Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. What are you talking about?

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Cognomen said:
ZealousZeal said:
Ionnis said:
ZealousZeal said:

Best wishes though.
I found another option that gives me an hour and 15 minutes in Atlanta. I know that airport like the back of my hand, so I'm going to take that one I think. Thanks for the input, guys!
Where the heck are you going where your layover choices are Minneapolis or Atlanta?!  :D

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Alpo said:
Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. What are you talking about?
Uh oh. If you didn't notice anything, you've already been contaminated.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
vamrat said:
Where the heck are you going where your layover choices are Minneapolis or Atlanta?!   :D
Are you ready for this? St. Louis. :D

Words cannot express my frustration that to go 8 hours to the west I'll be taking a detour on the east coast.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:
Where the heck are you going where your layover choices are Minneapolis or Atlanta?!   :D

Words cannot express my frustration that to go 8 hours to the west I'll be taking a detour on the east coast.
Give me a break:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cvg+to+st.+louis&oq=cvg+to+st+lou

If you can't afford that, don't fly. 45 minute drive + a 75 minute flight.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:

Give me a break:

Alternatively, drive 5 hours. Don't you have a baby? Really, they shouldn't be permitted on planes and there should be an enormous surcharge for anyone under the age of 8.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
orthonorm said:
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:

Give me a break:

Alternatively, drive 5 hours. Don't you have a baby? Really, they shouldn't be permitted on planes and there should be an enormous surcharge for anyone under the age of 8.
Ur welcome.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:

Give me a break:

I'm going in June, but still- it's actually less expensive than the tickets I was about to buy. I was flying out of Dayton. I have no idea why I didn't think of Cincinnati. Thank you.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
orthonorm said:
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:

Give me a break:

I'm going alone.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
orthonorm said:
orthonorm said:
ZealousZeal said:
vamrat said:

Give me a break:

I'm going alone.
isn't driving faster....if it is hour and a half flight plus the arrive early, go through security etc etc nonsense?

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
isn't driving faster....if it is hour and a half flight plus the arrive early, go through security etc etc nonsense?
No. An hour drive to the airport, arrive an hour early to go through security plus an hour and a half flight is still less than the time it would take me to drive by a long shot. And even if it weren't, I really don't want to drive. Plus the current car logistics make driving not an option anyway.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
My stompy upstairs neighbour -may- have just finally finished moving out...at 10:30 pm...its been noisy all day..

not sure I will know how to sleep in the quiet...

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
My stompy upstairs neighbour -may- have just finally finished moving out...at 10:30 pm...its been noisy all day..

... or your cat ....  ;) :laugh:

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
LBK said:
DeniseDenise said:

... or your cat ....  ;) :laugh:
quite true...he has had about 10 naps disturbed by them dropping something...

I have added 'a new petite upstairs neighbor to the prayer list'  :laugh: :laugh:

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
LBK said:
DeniseDenise said:

... or your cat ....  ;) :laugh:
quite true...he has had about 10 naps disturbed by them dropping something...

I have added 'a new petite upstairs neighbor to the prayer list'   :laugh: :laugh:
 ;) :laugh: Puss is probably praying for the same thing. Let everything that has breath ....

kyril

Reaction score
D-D; if it's too quiet to sleep, get a pair of 'ear-unplugs.'
and tell your cat to stop pussy--footing around!

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Hawkeye said:
So I gave my cat away last night.

Within 12 hours, they may or may not have lost it.
Cats don't get lost. Their keepers do. Really, a cat set free is always a good thing.

Hawkeye

Hyperprōtopansebastohalieus
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Hawkeye said:

Cats don't get lost. Their keepers do. Really, a cat set free is always a good thing.
He spent his whole life indoors and has no front claws. I don't expect him to be a master at the outdoors thing.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Hawkeye said:
orthonorm said:
Hawkeye said:

He spent his whole life indoors and has no front claws. I don't expect him to be a master at the outdoors thing.

:'(

I will be thinking of him.....I know mine (even with claws) would be 100% useless outside.....