Random Postings

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Achronos, you are one romantic dude.

I would just FOLLOW Mr. Ismi for 300 grand! LOL. He doesn't have to choose me. I won't be offended.  :laugh:
LOL of course, but we are saying if this person couldn't.

I could blow 300k in a day though.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Yes, if Celtic Fan takes the contract, we will then next help him decide how to spend that moolah.

ATVs? Property in Norway? A new girlfriend? The world will be his oyster.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Is turning down a $300,000 a year pro soccer contract to stay in school and get my degree a dumb idea? Because my whole family thinks so...
One idea I've heard is that you should jump on the opportunity to play professionally while you still can, since the window for earning an income as a professional athlete is rather small and the field so uber competitive. Continue playing as a college athlete, and a serious injury may ruin your chances of ever going pro--such s**t does happen. You can always go back to school after you're body is broken down enough that you can't play anymore.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
Achronos said:
My most hated accent:

New Yorker
South African.
THAT'S THE BEST ACCENT EVER.

The most hated accent for me? Boston. Hilarious because that is where Mr. Ismi hails from. Luckily it's not too thick.

My love overcomes a lot. ;)

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
celticfan1888 said:
Is turning down a $300,000 a year pro soccer contract to stay in school and get my degree a dumb idea? Because my whole family thinks so...
Ignore everyone but me.

Take the offer.

No online school.

No girlfriend.

Don't even worry about your future.

You have plenty of time for school if that is needed later. You are very young and ain't dropping out just to kick around the country in a van with your buds playing music.

This is big leagues boy.

Focus.

You have it or you wouldn't be here.

No school. No girl.

They don't exist for they next year or so.

Full on soccer.

If you do otherwise, you know it as well I as I do, you will regret it later.

The only reason you are posting it here besides wanting egotistical props, which are deserved, is because you already know what you are going to do and want others to support you. Even a buncha strangers on the internetz.

One time thing.

You did it.

Don't wuss out.
Actually, I have no idea what to do. I have a limited window to decide as well.  :-[

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Unless she is gong along and in fully on board team Celtic Fan. And that is almost never the case. I've seen people lose less over as much.

Celtic represent OC.net.  
She did tell me she'd wait for me, lol. That is part of my problem, but I actually have other issues too, like worrying I'll be cut after one year, or getting injured.  :-\

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Normally it would be none of my business, but you asked so...  I am with your family.  If you play soccer for five years at 300k a year, you will probably be better off than if you get a degree in most things where it would take decades to rake in that kind of dough.  At my current pay rate it will take me 45 years to get what you could in 5.  And if you save properly, there is nothing saying that you cannot go back to school later on and do so with no debts.

Melodist

Archon
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Your family is right.

Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
orthonorm said:
Unless she is gong along and in fully on board team Celtic Fan. And that is almost never the case. I've seen people lose less over as much.

Celtic represent OC.net.  
She did tell me she'd wait for me, lol. That is part of my problem, but I actually have other issues too, like worrying I'll be cut after one year, or getting injured.  :-\
Who cares? What's a year in the grand scheme of things?

I have like four degrees and I'd gladly swap them for what you're being offered, haha.

Do it, bro.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
CF and I are in negotiations over his negotiations.

I just, literally, spoke moments ago with someone who was in a similar but arguably more risky situation.

They followed my advice and things are on a roll.

More info to come on that story. Let's just say soon I will be adding a knight or two to my celeb impress list.