• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
This clown was chrismated into the Oc a bit ago apparently:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TUZDeXTCIYw

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
There are only 4 forum members with more posts than this thread.
When I first wandered onto the interwebs I met a magic genie who told me that he would grant me one super-human ability, but that in exchange I would have to settle for two other abilities at a mediocre level. I was so greedy for power that day that I foolishly agreed to the deal without asking for specifics. So the genie said to me to choose one of the following to be: prolific, eloquent, or erudite. Being young and immature I chose the first one, and have been regretting it ever since.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
Asteriktos said:
SolEX01 said:
There are only 4 forum members with more posts than this thread.
When I first wandered onto the interwebs I met a magic genie who told me that he would grant me one super-human ability, but that in exchange I would have to settle for two other abilities at a mediocre level. I was so greedy for power that day that I foolishly agreed to the deal without asking for specifics. So the genie said to me to choose one of the following to be: prolific, eloquent, or erudite. Being young and immature I chose the first one, and have been regretting it ever since.
FWIW, I don't think your eloquence or your eruditeness is mediocre.  :)

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Now I feel bad, cause I just meant it as a joke, and wasn't fishing for compliments  :D  :-X  Thank you for the kind words though.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
Asteriktos said:
Now I feel bad, cause I just meant it as a joke, and wasn't fishing for compliments  :D  :-X  Thank you for the kind words though.
You're welcome.  :)

I wish I could be more eloquent and erudite in my posts.  My engineering background tends to keep things simple, including my posting style.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
Asteriktos said:
You're welcome.   :)

I wish I could be more eloquent and erudite in my posts.  My engineering background tends to keep things simple, including my posting style.
Hey, at least you don't just copy & paste like most engineers I deal with! 

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
vamrat said:
SolEX01 said:
Asteriktos said:

With Wikipedia, critical thinking and developing objective thoughts have gone out the window.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
vamrat said:
SolEX01 said:
Asteriktos said:

With Wikipedia, critical thinking and developing objective thoughts have gone out the window.
It's the bloody specs.  It seems like more and more engineering firms hire a handful of engineers to get the stamps and then have underpaid techs doing all the plan and spec writing.  It gets really ridiculous sometimes.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Power has been out all day at my place. Went home and it is still out, so now I am at the library posting. I hope they get it on soon... I'd hate for my food, not to mention my medication, to go bad.  8)

Nephi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I absolutely hate how Doritos make one's fingers smell, and how much of a pain it can be sometimes to wash it off.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Nephi said:
I absolutely hate how Doritos make one's fingers smell, and how much of a pain it can be sometimes to wash it off.
Tongue + teeth works for me...  :angel:

IoanC

Archon
Reaction score
I am the end of the two-liter bottle of coke that I started this morning. Have not got the buzz I would get from two coffees and I only like the taste partly. Problem is every now and then I don't feel like coffee unless I get a headache. So, I'll take it.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
IoanC said:
I am the end of the two-liter bottle of coke that I started this morning. Have not got the buzz I would get from two coffees and I only like the taste partly.
Switch to another kind of coffee. Not every kind of coffee tastes alike.

IoanC

Archon
Reaction score
Alpo said:
IoanC said:
I am the end of the two-liter bottle of coke that I started this morning. Have not got the buzz I would get from two coffees and I only like the taste partly.
Thanks! I will try to see if this is the problem. I am not sure what causes the headaches; the taste, the fact that it's coffee, something altogether different having to do with my physiology...

Nephi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
methodius said:
better still, don't eat them.
But I do like Cool Ranch (can barely stand regular Doritos anymore), despite Asteriktos giving me some odd mental images by mentioning teeth.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Nephi said:
methodius said:
better still, don't eat them.
But I do like Cool Ranch (can barely stand regular Doritos anymore), despite Asteriktos giving me some odd mental images by mentioning teeth.
I usually hate Doritos, but was surprised at how good the Doritos tacos from Taco Bell tasted.

Nephi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Nephi said:
I usually hate Doritos, but was surprised at how good the Doritos tacos from Taco Bell tasted.
I read recently that those Doritos tacos became one of their topsellers, but I haven't tried one myself. I'm still intending to try out their new breakfast menu eventually.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Nephi said:
hecma925 said:
Nephi said:
I read recently that those Doritos tacos became one of their topsellers, but I haven't tried one myself. I'm still intending to try out their new breakfast menu eventually.
It's definitely worth going to Taco Bell for.  The breakfast menu, I'm still wary about.  I don't know if I want to spend my money on it.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
IoanC said:
Alpo said:
IoanC said:
Thanks! I will try to see if this is the problem. I am not sure what causes the headaches; the taste, the fact that it's coffee, something altogether different having to do with my physiology...

Funny....caffeine helps my ever present headaches....

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
I miss Michal Kalina on here.  :(
We must all discern the right time to move on to bigger and better things than oc.net...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=dUGnMVDIvrU

;D :angel:

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Nephi said:
Chop sticks.

You're welcome.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
vamrat said:
Nephi said:
Chop sticks.

You're welcome.
I never thought of that. It's genius! :) Everyone knows Doritos cheese powder is one of the strongest substances in the known universe.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
biro said:
vamrat said:
Nephi said:
Chop sticks.

You're welcome.
I never thought of that. It's genius! :) Everyone knows Doritos cheese powder is one of the strongest substances in the known universe.
works with Cheetos too....saw it on Pinterest

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
biro said:
vamrat said:
Nephi said:
Chop sticks.

You're welcome.
Well, they're forbidden on NASA spacecraft, because it ruins the air filtration systems.

That's probably an absolute lie.  I have no idea.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
TheTrisagion said:
We must all discern the right time to move on to bigger and better things than oc.net...

There are bigger and better things?  I didn't find them in my adventures...

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
TheTrisagion said:
Asteriktos said:
TheTrisagion said:

Is he doing okay? I miss him too. Maybe he has school or work to take care of. Hope he comes back. :)

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Try here. Tell them 'Asteriktos the Humble Ascetic of the Western Pennsylvania Woodlands' sent you. You'll be in like Hoss.