Random Postings

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
ARE YOU MY HUSBAND?

(J/k. That is his name, though. Daniel and David are two of my favorite names.)

I kind of like my name, just because I can't think of another one that fits.

I hope my first daughter likes "Anastasia.")
I could be. ;)  lolol jk

I want a more manly name is all.

Anastasia is a very nice name.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
ARE YOU MY HUSBAND?

I always wished my parents had named me Gorath Voltar the Slaughterer.  But alas...

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Ionnis said:
Keith Urban and Billy Ray Cyrus look nothing alike.  BTW, does Keith Urban ever age?  Looks exactly the same as he did several years ago.  
What in the chickens are you even talking about?  They are pretty much the same person except that Billy Ray has a hot daughter.  All Kieth needs to do is clean up his forelocks to get that perfect business-in-the-front/party-in-the back 'do going on and he's set.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Ionnis said:
Keith Urban and Billy Ray Cyrus look nothing alike.  BTW, does Keith Urban ever age?  Looks exactly the same as he did several years ago.  

Since we're on the topic of singers, an ex of mine released a new single a couple of weeks ago and I finally got around to picking it up.  It's a depressing song about love lost.  Initially I thought that the cover art was just some abstract black and gray design, but when I looked more carefully later on I noticed that it was a low contrast black and white image of the two of us when we were 21!  Is the song about me?  We haven't been together for a few years.  I feel kinda weird about it...
Dude,

That feeling should be the feeling of awesomeness.

Actually I can't imagine, especially if I then heard the song here and there in public.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
vamrat said:
IsmiLiora said:
ARE YOU MY HUSBAND?

I always wished my parents had named me Gorath Voltar the Slaughterer.  But alas...
Are you trying to purchase the rights to the name of my first son?

And OMG, you just lost -30000 street cred points with me on BRC's hot daughter, unless he has another invisible one that is super super hot.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
vamrat said:
IsmiLiora said:
ARE YOU MY HUSBAND?

Are you trying to purchase the rights to the name of my first son?

And OMG, you just lost -30000 street cred points with me on BRC's hot daughter, unless he has another invisible one that is super super hot.
Oh..I don't know.  Just theoretically speaking, if I were, how many goats would it cost me?

-30,000 street cred?  You no like Hanna?  She is uber talented and has a caring personality.  I think Hanna-Bieber is going to be the greatest in thing since Brangelina.

Now excuse me, while I go shoot myself to deny you all the pleasure...

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
[quote author=vamrat]I always wished my parents had named me Gorath Voltar the Slaughterer.  But alas...
[/quote]

My parents said they almost named me Gertrude. As a threat.

I guess I listened, because I wound up Donna Marie (Lady Mary).  :angel:

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
biro said:
[quote author=vamrat]I always wished my parents had named me Gorath Voltar the Slaughterer.  But alas...
My parents said they almost named me Gertrude. As a threat.

I guess I listened, because I wound up Donna Marie (Lady Mary).  :angel:
[/quote]

My mother said I was going to be Erica, but there was a change of plans.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Do you have baby-naming remorse? You're not alone, says new poll.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/do-you-have-baby-naming-remorse-youre-not-alone-says-new-poll-2579685/

I wish I had a different name...I hate Daniel *gag*

WOOHOO 1,000th post.
Congrats on the post milestone... you'll be a loser like us in no time!  ;D

But nah, never really wanted to go back and change the names we gave our kids. Well, with one possible exception. Sahara Rylee I'm fine with, as with Athanasia... but Athy's middle name, "Kharatina"... meh, not wild about it and never really was. Not a big deal, though.

Besides, you could always be like Achronos and change your name. He didn't like Alex so he changed it to Scott. :)

Cognomen

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Archdiocese of Baghdad, Kuwait and Dependencies
celticfan1888 said:
IsmiLiora said:
So, they look NOTHING like Billy Ray Cyrus...I mean Keith Urban... :D
LOL No similarity.

Need I say/do more?  If you notice differences between the looks of these fellows, you're looking too closely, fellows.  Check Mate.

Now you've gone and ruined my Friday night by making me look at pictures of Billy Ray Cyrus and the other guy.

FountainPen

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
FountainPen said:
Mark Wahlbergs jaw, Robert Pattinson's build, Shahid Kapoor's smile and Vin Diesel's...eyes!

Then i'd be happy.
I go out, have an incredible evening, sleep, wake up and you've turned my fantasy man into my worst nightmare. Thanks Asteriktos <sobs> i'll have dark circles now from lack of sleep.

Second thoughts, maybe if i just change the Robert Pattinson build.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Yes, I would nix Mr. Pattinson!

The face has a lot of potential, though. ;)

*, does Sahara have a nickname? "Athy" sounds so cute. I think they might hate their names for 1 or 2 minutes out of a time, when they are first learning to write them in school and when they have to fill in 25 bubbles on the SAT forms. ;) But I love Athnasia!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Lol, well they don't seem to mind so far (though only Athy can really read/write the names... Sahara sort of recognizes them, but doesn't really understand the why or how). We did get a lot of grief (especially from the Grandparents) about the name Athanasia, for exactly the reason you mention about first learning them :) Sahara doesn't have a nickname... not yet anyway.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Cognomen said:
Need I say/do more?  If you notice differences between the looks of these fellows, you're looking too closely, fellows.  Check Mate.

Now you've gone and ruined my Friday night by making me look at pictures of Billy Ray Cyrus and the other guy.
Nothing Alike.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Cognomen said:
Need I say/do more?  If you notice differences between the looks of these fellows, you're looking too closely, fellows.  Check Mate.

Nothing Alike.
You in trouble bro... can't play sprts blind!

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"When George went back and put new creatures into the original Star Wars, I find that disturbing. It’s a revision of history. That bothers me."
--James Cameron, Entertainment Weekly, April 2010

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Is anyone else annoyed/feeling cheated when you go to youtube to watch a bunch of videos from a documentary, only to find out afterwards that what you've watched is actually an abridged version of the documentary that was cut down to be shown on TV?  :mad: :mad: ;D

Ioannis Climacus

High Elder
Reaction score
I already wasted several hours of my day on this, so I wouldn't pull it up if you have pressing things to do :  ;D

http://firstpersontetris.com/

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
It seems that autumn has arrived since stores are starting to sell Christmas crap.