• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
For some reason I've fallen in love with Maria Romanov. The more I study their lives leading up to that day, the more I wish I could have showed up, married Maria, then escaped back to America with a huge rifle in one hand and Maria in the other, sweat pouring from my pulsing, American chest :) then I'd never have to work again but could live off her family fortune.
ps.  stop reading romance novels...

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
JamesR said:
For some reason I've fallen in love with Maria Romanov. The more I study their lives leading up to that day, the more I wish I could have showed up, married Maria, then escaped back to America with a huge rifle in one hand and Maria in the other, sweat pouring from my pulsing, American chest :) then I'd never have to work again but could live off her family fortune.
I think Maria would choose to stay in the Ipatiev House cellar.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Pffh, who needs you.

You know, you people don't give me enough credit. I for one think I'd be a great husband to Maria. Sure, I may not be able to give her diamonds and luxury, but I'd give her all the love that my little American Orthodox heart could muster. I'd introduce her to my dysfunctional family, wrap my arms around her and not let any Bolsheviks murder my little heiress, and I'd help her adapt to proleteriate life.

I'd take care of our little children like I do my sister, and I'd be a darn good husband/father--a lot better than some other rich heir monarch butthat who's never even changed a diaper or worked a day of manual labour. I'd make the departed royal family happy and proud :)

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Pffh, who needs you.

You know, you people don't give me enough credit. I for one think I'd be a great husband to Maria. Sure, I may not be able to give her diamonds and luxury, but I'd give her all the love that my little American Orthodox heart could muster. I'd introduce her to my dysfunctional family, wrap my arms around her and not let any Bolsheviks murder my little heiress, and I'd help her adapt to proleteriate life.

I'd take care of our little children like I do my sister, and I'd be a darn good husband/father--a lot better than some other rich heir monarch butthat who's never even changed a diaper or worked a day of manual labour. I'd make the departed royal family happy and proud :)
Suddenly you are Husband material?

JamesR said:
I've gradually come to accept that I will probably never get married--due to several factors, such as my shyness and anxiety around women, my extreme introversion and disdain for family life, and the lack of Orthodox spouses in America. My family similarly wants me to get married very badly and often gets angry when I mention that I don't ever want to get married.
JamesR said:
Being a single father to one child doesn't sound that bad to me, and I may end up considering adoption someday. But I can't do the family life with a wife and several kids.
JamesR said:
I cannot see anything positive that I would get from being married or having a family. On the other hand, I can see several negatives and pitfalls. One being that I would be stuck with one woman forever that I may grow to hate and resent after years of never having time alone and possibly having to deal with some of the same issues with her that I went through with my father. Then I'd also have to spend another large portion of my life raising children (which I already semi-did growing up in regards to my siblings) and deal with a lifetime of grandchildren, BBQs, holiday get-togethers and other family group things that I really don't like.
No screaming children or angry wife to tend to. No sleepless nights and no constant anxiety. Money would be less of a problem, I could travel halfway across the country over the weekend on a whim just to get a burrito, etc.

and I could go back even further ...

maybe...you should actually start listening to people who keep telling you to stop randomly talking about this stuff out of your rear......

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I've always been husband and father material; I've just chosen not to. I have more experience with kids than most people here. I'd make an exception for Princess Maria.

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Pffh, who needs you.

While we are dreaming . . . I beat you back in time, and when you get there you find out that a real Russian woman prefers a German Panzerfaust to a Mexican Jalapeño.  While we are dreaming, of course . . .

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Pffh, who needs you.

She's dead and unavailable anyway. Next.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Punch said:
JamesR said:
Pffh, who needs you.

While we are dreaming . . . I beat you back in time, and when you get there you find out that a real Russian woman prefers a German Panzerfaust to a Mexican Jalapeño.  While we are dreaming, of course . . .
So crude, but I laughed out loud on this one.  :laugh:

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Punch said:
JamesR said:
Pffh, who needs you.

Yeah it's pretty crude to fantasize about a murdered teenager (this isn't directed at you, Punch)

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
Punch said:
JamesR said:
Pffh, who needs you.

Yeah it's pretty crude to fantasize about a murdered teenager (this isn't directed at you, Punch)
Well, to be completely honest, as I was writing that I was pretty much thinking that the panzerfaust was a bigger dream than his time machine.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Punch said:
kelly said:
TheTrisagion said:
Punch said:
JamesR said:
Pffh, who needs you.

Well, to be completely honest, as I was writing that I was pretty much thinking that the panzerfaust was a bigger dream than his time machine.
HAhahahahahahah!  That just started my workday just right.  The things that go on in here when I'm no on this board.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
I know Mor Ephrem has been craving some Saturday night breast talk, and frankly so have I, so let's get to it!

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I can't stop listening to "Gypsy" by Fleetwood Mac. I need to go to bed.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Alpo said:
Cyrillic said:
Alpo, are you watching the EuroVision?
I watched part of the Semifinals today but unfortunately it's too late around here so I became sleepy. I'm going to watch Finals at some bar. Hopefully we cand find a suitable bar. Eurovision isn't that popular here.

Too bad that Finnish songs usually suck. The Belgian song seemed nice this year.
Both Finland and the Netherlands made it to the finals. Interesting.
A bearded woman won the EuroVision Song Contest.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Considering some of the truly bizarre things I have seen on Eurovision......it was a good song.

besides...it wasn't even the first time...

"Samo ljubezen" ("Only love") was the Slovenian entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 2002. The lyrics were written by Barbara Pešut and the music by Robert Pešut. It was performed by Sestre, a trio of transvestite men dressed as airflight attendants, and marked the first time an entire ensemble had performed at Eurovision in drag, sparking anti-gay protests in Slovenia as well as debate in the Slovenian Parliament and the European Parliament about the song and the public reaction. It came equal thirteenth on 33 points with Bosnia and Herzegovina and Belgium.

only difference is that this time it was a good song...and won. ;)

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
I'm happy that the bearded lady won because it annoys some Russian politicians. I'm not happy that the bearded lady won because it was not the best song in the contest. IMO Switzerland, Poland, Iceland, Denmark and Azeibaijan were far better.

I voted for the Ukraine because trololo.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
I'm happy that the bearded lady won because it annoys some Russian politicians. I'm not happy that the bearded lady won because it was not the best song in the contest. IMO Switzerland, Poland, Iceland, Denmark and Azeibaijan were far better.

I agree the fiery righteous rhetoric coming from Russia is worth it . Iirc they called Eurovision a hotbed of sodomy and liberalism. Lolol
I propose next year tsar Putin send patriarch Kiril as a contestant perhaps performing the troparion " O most darkened soul..." Or some other in that vein.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
Alpo said:

I agree the fiery righteous rhetoric coming from Russia is worth it . Iirc they called Eurovision a hotbed of sodomy and liberalism. Lolol
I propose next year tsar Putin send patriarch Kiril as a contestant perhaps performing the troparion " O most darkened soul..." Or some other in that vein.
I love you. Awesome.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score

We need more Hyperdox versions of this.

"Christianity. Only with the Ukraine."

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
some days...just remind you of every single mistake you have made...and everything you squandered...

:(

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Iirc they called Eurovision a hotbed of sodomy and liberalism. Lolol
Short memories. Have they forgotten TaTu?

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Austrians have changed.

Mozart would have lost miserably if he participated in Eurovision today.  But, hey, maybe he would have a shot if he wore women's clothing and had a beard.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Mozart would have lost miserably if he participated in Eurovision today.
Well sure he would have done poorly: this isn't a lullaby writing contest ya know...  8)

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
hecma925 said:
Well sure he would have done poorly: this isn't a lullaby writing contest ya know...  8)
not a lullaby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVTXlRxVdEY

also not a lullaby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXIu0MRuIQU

also not a lullaby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK5295yEQMQ

hecma925 said:
Philistine! :eek:
Indeed....

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
Asteriktos said:
hecma925 said:
not a lullaby

also not a lullaby

also not a lullaby

hecma925 said:
Indeed....
Oh, thanks for posting Symphony no. 41!  I'm going to watch that tonight before I sleep.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
DeniseDenise said:
Asteriktos said:
hecma925 said:
not a lullaby

also not a lullaby

also not a lullaby

hecma925 said:
Indeed....
Oh, thanks for posting Symphony no. 41!  I'm going to watch that tonight before I sleep.

Mozart is the only non-Russian classical composer I can tolerate....the rest are snoozeville.....Mozart on the other hand is genius in a person.

Nephi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
not a lullaby

also not a lullaby

also not a lullaby

Classical music + rain and thunder outside = a good time.

For those of you who aren't in the path of a storm at the moment, here's Rainy Mood.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Nephi said:
DeniseDenise said:
not a lullaby

also not a lullaby

also not a lullaby

Classical music + rain and thunder outside = a good time.

For those of you who aren't in the path of a storm at the moment, here's Rainy Mood.
Nice!  Bookmarked!