Random Postings

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
If you strike my name down, I shall get a new one that is more complicated than you can possibly imagine.

Is it possible to just change it to "*"?

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Frankly, if you were going to change your name to anything, it should have been Hezekiah.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
* might be fun, but I think the novelty would wear off, then I'd be stuck with it the next 30 years  :-\  Hezekiah would have had promise. Perhaps Mor Hezekiah.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
* might be fun, but I think the novelty would wear off, then I'd be stuck with it the next 30 years  :-\  Hezekiah would have had promise. Perhaps Mor Hezekiah.
Thus begins a new trend - dozens of forum members adding "Mor" in front of their names.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Hawkeye said:
I was looking through family photos earlier. Such a shame when attractive people lose their way in life.
Don't worry, you can't keep us attractive people down.  ;D

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I volunteered to work 3p-3a today because I'm a self-hating moron. The last four hours of this shift will be spent making sure a patient in ICU doesn't tear up the room and/or themselves. Oy.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
kelly said:
I volunteered to work 3p-3a today because I'm a self-hating moron. The last four hours of this shift will be spent making sure a patient in ICU doesn't tear up the room and/or themselves. Oy.
If I wanted to be theological, I would remind you that self-denial is a Christian virtue, that "moron" is similar to the Syriac word moronoyo, meaning "lordly" or "of the Lord", and that the Lord took care of the sick.  All of these things configure you in a way to Jesus Christ. 

But that's if I wanted to be theological.  Otherwise, it sounds like you're going to have a sucky night ahead of you.  With any luck, the unofficial Friday evening shutdown won't last too long and you won't be cut off for so long from such pearls of wisdom.   

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
If I wanted to be theological, I would remind you that self-denial is a Christian virtue, that "moron" is similar to the Syriac word moronoyo, meaning "lordly" or "of the Lord", and that the Lord took care of the sick.  All of these things configure you in a way to Jesus Christ. 

But that's if I wanted to be theological.  Otherwise, it sounds like you're going to have a sucky night ahead of you.  With any luck, the unofficial Friday evening shutdown won't last too long and you won't be cut off for so long from such pearls of wisdom.     
my eyes glazed over reading this

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
kelly said:
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:

I don't blame you, I thought it was less boring before I saw it posted.  Even Mor has imperfections.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
So I've been offered a job par time at least at this place Getshemane Garden Center as they apparently desperately need someone that is familiar with Old varieties of Roses.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
So I've been offered a job par time at least at this place Getshemane Garden Center as they apparently desperately need someone that is familiar with Old varieties of Roses.
Well that's an interesting name choice.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:

I don't blame you, I thought it was less boring before I saw it posted.  Even Mor has imperfections.
Isnt there a rule against getting theological in Random Postings thread? If not, there should be. :D

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Isnt there a rule against getting theological in Random Postings thread? If not, there should be. :D
Maria should be consulted about this matter. See http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,58546.msg1127466.html#msg1127466

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I actually have several mail order college degrees in theology. Also in medical billing.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
kelly said:
You can keep us company while we sit waiting for new posts :)

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
kelly said:
You can keep us company while we sit waiting for new posts :)
So... you like... stuff?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Oh, well, sure, stuff can be quite nice. I mean I'm not fanatical about it or anything. But yeah. Plus, stuff goes well with things, so that's like a bonus if you already like things.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Catholicious!  Even though your posting history consisted of only 26 posts and you haven't logged in since 2003, please know that you have been missed.

Why, yes, yes I am just completely wasting time on this Friday evening, why do you ask?

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Oh, well, sure, stuff can be quite nice. I mean I'm not fanatical about it or anything. But yeah. Plus, stuff goes well with things, so that's like a bonus if you already like things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCvQ_7u1XeI

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
ZealousZeal said:
Also- have I missed the Friday shutdown or is it imminent?
It comes like a thief in the night. 

BTW, for whatever reason, your question reminded me of Tyrone Biggums' question: "Is this the five o'clock free crack giveaway?!"

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
kelly said:
Justin Kissel said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCvQ_7u1XeI
Oh... I hadn't recognized it :)

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
I know some of you have already seen this, but for those who haven't, I offer you this dancing llama for entertainment. Enjoy.
Stupid llama has better moves than I do

I can't believe Tyrone has been mentioned on an Orthodox forum. You were looking for a secular avatar, Mor. I think you know what my suggestion is going to be.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
That llama has better moves than almost everyone, so don't feel bad.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
kelly said:
ZealousZeal said:
I know some of you have already seen this, but for those who haven't, I offer you this dancing llama for entertainment. Enjoy.
Stupid llama has better moves than I do
I'm sorry...stupid llama?!?!?!  :p

I can't believe Tyrone has been mentioned on an Orthodox forum. You were looking for a secular avatar, Mor. I think you know what my suggestion is going to be.
There are several characters from that show I've considered.  He is one of them.