• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
biro said:
TheTrisagion said:
Within the last 24 hours, I was hit on by a male stripper and a female prostitute. I am anxious to see what the rest of the day holds for me.
I can't even get anyone to go to the movies. What am I doing wrong?  ???
I was in New Orleans. Nuff said.  :D

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
ZealousZeal said:
I'm not going to lie to you all: I'm pretty bored tonight.
It's 82F inside where I am, so I'm not bored, I'm hot.  But my windows are open, and there is a cool breeze blowing through the trees and their leaves.  That is not boring at all.  It is silence. 
Mor, you were born hot.  :-*
awwww internet bromance

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
biro said:
TheTrisagion said:
Within the last 24 hours, I was hit on by a male stripper and a female prostitute. I am anxious to see what the rest of the day holds for me.
Sounds about right.  Just watch out what you street you turn on.  You may enter an, *ahem*, interesting bar.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
TheTrisagion said:
biro said:
TheTrisagion said:
Sounds about right.  Just watch out what you street you turn on.  You may enter an, *ahem*, interesting bar.
My hotel was a block off of Bourbon St. That there is a whole new breed of people.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
hecma925 said:
TheTrisagion said:
biro said:
TheTrisagion said:
My hotel was a block off of Bourbon St. That there is a whole new breed of people.
Wow, I stayed across the river and it was still weird.  I only explored a bit of Bourbon Street and the surrounding area while I was there.  It was a month after Mardi Gras and there was still trash everywhere....and hookers.  Oh, yeah and I was with my dad at the time.  So, awkward times when you're looking for some red beans and rice and walk into a live sex show place.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
TheTrisagion said:
hecma925 said:
TheTrisagion said:
biro said:
TheTrisagion said:
Wow, I stayed across the river and it was still weird.  I only explored a bit of Bourbon Street and the surrounding area while I was there.  It was a month after Mardi Gras and there was still trash everywhere....and hookers.  Oh, yeah and I was with my dad at the time.  So, awkward times when you're looking for some red beans and rice and walk into a live sex show place.
It was an interesting stench of urine and beer intertwined with various body odors all brewed in an insufferably hot and humid environment.  I don't think I shall ever move there.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
hecma925 said:
TheTrisagion said:
hecma925 said:
TheTrisagion said:
biro said:
TheTrisagion said:
It was an interesting stench of urine and beer intertwined with various body odors all brewed in an insufferably hot and humid environment.  I don't think I shall ever move there.
I don't blame you.  I'm so glad, in hindsight, that I never got that shipyard job.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I just finished a 12 hour day at work.....with so many problems i had 7 people with chat windows telling me to solve -their- problem

tomorrow promises to be similar...

maybe i need to reconsider monasticism.....i can sell candles to pay my student loan off....right?

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
I just finished a 12 hour day at work.....with so many problems i had 7 people with chat windows telling me to solve -their- problem

maybe i need to reconsider monasticism.....i can sell candles to pay my student loan off....right?
Do you work in IT? I was tempted to do a 12 hour shift tonight but laziness won out.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
DeniseDenise said:

Do you work in IT? I was tempted to do a 12 hour shift tonight but laziness won out.

in essence yes.....a very specialized version of that....

and this week the dreaded 'system upgrade' happened...and broke me....well things....and me.....

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:

It might take a good minute.  Sell some honey too.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Apparently someone stole money out of my sister's car while she was watching her daughter's softball game.  :mad:

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
I hope both softball teams find that somebody and beat him with bats and softballs.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Rambam's new avatar is scary. WFB is looking at you as if you just told him you drove over his cat.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
My avatar has disappeared from my home page/the forum index page. Odd.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
What a relief! I can see it too in threads, just not up at the top of the page next to my screen name and how long I've been logged in. In fact, it's not even displaying how long I've been logged in anymore. It just says: Hello ZealousZeal.

IoanC

Archon
Reaction score
Not to mention how uncomplexed they were towards things like love and eros in the early church. After all, if you read the Bible for what it is in itself, you realize that it has nothing to do with most of what people have created in parallel (claiming it is "in The Bible").

IoanC

Archon
Reaction score
I think music like Barry White's should mention that it's only for women (or gay people).

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
What a relief! I can see it too in threads, just not up at the top of the page next to my screen name and how long I've been logged in. In fact, it's not even displaying how long I've been logged in anymore. It just says: Hello ZealousZeal.
There's a square button on the upper right of the index page, next to the date and time, and below the words "Simple Machines Forum". Clicking on it will maximize or minimize that section which includes your avatar and time logged on.  :)

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
IoanC said:
I think music like Barry White's should mention that it's only for women (or gay people).
Did you accidentally listen to him?  Drawn in by his voice? :D

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
LBK said:
ZealousZeal said:
There's a square button on the upper right of the index page, next to the date and time, and below the words "Simple Machines Forum". Clicking on it will maximize or minimize that section which includes your avatar and time logged on.  :)
Success!! Thank you.  :)

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
therovingmethodist said:
I will be chrismated on Pentecost.
Congratulations! Make sure you have lots of pictures taken and share them with us!

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
I just realized that ill be missing my parish's slava because ill be in pittsburgh the wrong week

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Is there ever a wrong time to be in Pittsburgh, really?  :p  :angel:

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Is there ever a wrong time to be in Pittsburgh, really?  :p  :angel:
considering im missing my church slava by one week, yup :p

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
It seems to me that the problem is not being in Pittsburgh at the wrong time, but rather not being in Pittsburgh enough of the time. Solution: move to the 'Burgh!  :angel:

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
It seems to me that the problem is not being in Pittsburgh at the wrong time, but rather not being in Pittsburgh enough of the time. Solution: move to the 'Burgh!  :angel:
When are you going to then? Really, not much there other than overpriced and mediocre food and Steeler swag.

The people are friendly and the drivers friendlier, but that is about it.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
I would never live in a city that large.
It's hard to describe as a city. It more a collection of strip malls cut into a few large hills. Oh, bridges.

But truly some of the friendliest people I've ever seen outside the south.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I had such a great day planting beautiful flowers with my mom.