Random Postings

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
GabrieltheCelt said:
orthonorm said:
GabrieltheCelt said:
FrChris said:
This was in Kentucky, and a traditional Sunday meal is squirrel heads...)
Bless, Father!

I never heard of this tradition when I lived in 'ol Kentuck.  But we lived just outside of Lexington.
How did I miss this?

I was just talking about a month ago to a guy at work about eating squirrel heads. And then some folks on the internet.
You ate squirrel heads and then some folks on the internet?  Andrew Zimmern, 'zat you, boy?
*Zounds*
 

Apples

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
4,360
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I saw a really nice Ethiopian icon of the Holy Family at an antique store today. I couldn't afford it, though.  :(

Hopefully it will still be there on Black Friday.
 

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 15, 2010
Messages
3,920
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
36
Website
deum-quaerens.blogspot.com
"There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them." - C.S. Lewis
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,164
Reaction score
7
Points
38
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
CNN just posted that Italian PM Berlusconi is going to resign. This should be fun!
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Location
Omaha
biro said:
CNN just posted that Italian PM Berlusconi is going to resign. This should be fun!
I assume it's not over an affair...
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Location
Omaha
IsmiLiora said:
Orthodox11 said:
akimori makoto said:
Achronos said:
My most hated accent:
South African.
What?? The Saath Efrican accent is awesome!
I know. It's HAWT. Akimori is just bitter.  ;) (Although the Aussie accent is next, in my book, so he shouldn't be!)
I agree with Akimori that the English South African accent is a little fruity, but will concede the awesomeness of the Boer accent.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
celticfan1888 said:
Most Hated Accent: Hick-Accent. It just bothers me.
Not going to lie, it is one of my least favorites. It's up there with Boston, the frat boy brah whatever accent, and Midwestern.

But Mr. Ismi is from Boston ("Bah-stin") and I have found exceptions in each of the categories. I think it matters more what they are saying. ;)

I know my accent grates. It's a hybrid, which I'm sure is more annoying. You can get the girl out of Jersey...
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
In the name of randomness, my salt addiction has reached insane heights. Yesterday, Mr. Ismi decided to cook a rice dish using leftover meat and veggies from last week. Before I took the first bite, he confessed that he accidentally poured too much of the cooking soy sauce (thicker than Kikkoman) into it and added this adobo marinade without thinking.

I took the first bite. And then another. And then another.

"STOP IT!" he said. "I don't even want to know how much is in there. I want to throw it out."

It was delicious. I'm tempted to make it again.  :-\ Of course a lot of this has to do with my illness, but I need to really calm down on the sodium intake.
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
IsmiLiora said:
celticfan1888 said:
Most Hated Accent: Hick-Accent. It just bothers me.
Not going to lie, it is one of my least favorites. It's up there with Boston, the frat boy brah whatever accent, and Midwestern.

But Mr. Ismi is from Boston ("Bah-stin") and I have found exceptions in each of the categories. I think it matters more what they are saying. ;)

I know my accent grates. It's a hybrid, which I'm sure is more annoying. You can get the girl out of Jersey...
Boston accents don't sound very pleasant. lol.

I'm still looking for someone who has my unique accent.  :laugh:
 
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
3,125
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney, Australia

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
akimori makoto said:
IsmiLiora said:
Orthodox11 said:
akimori makoto said:
Achronos said:
My most hated accent:
South African.
What?? The Saath Efrican accent is awesome!
I know. It's HAWT.
You cannot be serious!
Dude, I've told my story about drooling over the South African boys at my charismatic church like 3 million times.

I wish I tape recorded their voices.  :eek: ;D
 
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
3,125
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney, Australia
IsmiLiora said:
akimori makoto said:
IsmiLiora said:
Orthodox11 said:
akimori makoto said:
Achronos said:
My most hated accent:
South African.
What?? The Saath Efrican accent is awesome!
I know. It's HAWT.
You cannot be serious!
Dude, I've told my story about drooling over the South African boys at my charismatic church like 3 million times.

I wish I tape recorded their voices.  :eek: ;D
South African charismatics?

I'll be curled up in the foetal position trembling in a dark room for the next few hours if you're looking for me.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Things that make Akimori curl up in the fetal position trembling in a dark room:

1) South African charismatics
2) Curtis Stone
3) Anyone who doesn't know what DDR is
4) The Greeks.

Am I missing anything? ;)
 
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
3,125
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney, Australia
IsmiLiora said:
Things that make Akimori curl up in the fetal position trembling in a dark room:

1) South African charismatics
2) Curtis Stone
3) Anyone who doesn't know what DDR is
4) The Greeks.

Am I missing anything? ;)
Half-Greek, half-South-African charismatic Curtis Stone who doesn't know what DDR is.
 
Top