Random Postings

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 5, 2002
Messages
7,253
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
57
ozgeorge said:
Ah...but I didn't say "How can a person live without listening to music?"
I said: How can a person live without singing?
And again, I repeat that

I've managed to live for quite a few years now without singing...
 

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 5, 2002
Messages
7,253
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
57
Ozgeorge---let's work with this discussion by PM.

I wonder if I've somehow finally managed to kill this thread? Woo hoo!
 

Ebor

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
6,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
64
Location
Maryland
FrChris said:
I wonder if I've somehow finally managed to kill this thread? Woo hoo!
Ha!  I've just been busy with classwork.

How's this for random:

Basingstoke!

;D

Ebor
 

James

Archon
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
2,749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
69
Location
Ventura, California
Beware and warned y'all tenderfoots and pilgrims, I'm in training for the annual cow pie toss, chili eating and beer drinking festival...

james
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,864
Reaction score
42
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
FrChris said:
I've managed to live for quite a few years now without singing... ;) 
Not true.  I've heard you sing Deuchland uber alis (sp?), which is the only way that I was able to identify it when the current occupant of what used to be your room began to sing it (I knew you'd be proud knowing that the college freshman that's in your room now knows the song...)
 

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 5, 2002
Messages
7,253
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
57
cleveland said:
Not true.  I've heard you sing Deuchland uber alis (sp?), which is the only way that I was able to identify it when the current occupant of what used to be your room began to sing it (I knew you'd be proud knowing that the college freshman that's in your room now knows the song...)
You know, I've forgotten that I even used to know that. I can say it's been a looong time since I've sung that.

But, even more surprising, is that the current occupant of my room also knows that song from my youth. What is it about that room, I wonder?
 

James

Archon
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
2,749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
69
Location
Ventura, California
Quote from: Jakub on May 12, 2007, 11:01:45 am
Beware and warned y'all tenderfoots and pilgrims, I'm in training for the annual cow pie toss, chili eating and beer drinking festival...

james


That's awesome!  How does one train for such events?


>>> Spending  a couple of weeks on a ranch in Texas <<<...

james

 

James

Archon
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
2,749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
69
Location
Ventura, California
I'm still waiting on a response from the Skies of Rohan out Montana way to try some horse patty flinging...

Nothing better than some chili, salsa/chips and beer with a good camp fire and friends...

james
 

Ebor

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
6,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
64
Location
Maryland
Jakub said:
I'm still waiting on a response from the Skies of Rohan out Montana way to try some horse patty flinging...
"Skys of Rohan"? I'll have to look that one up.

:)

Ebor
 

Ebor

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
6,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
64
Location
Maryland
It suddenly came back to me.  <smacks forehead>  I've known about the Skies of Rohan for some time.  A fine thing they do with getting books into school libraries.  :)

Ebor
 

Donna Rose

High Elder
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
937
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
36
Location
New York
Ebor said:
It suddenly came back to me.  <smacks forehead>  I've known about the Skies of Rohan for some time.  A fine thing they do with getting books into school libraries.  :)

Ebor
Can you elaborate on this? I have never heard of them -- is this an organization? (Since I plan to pursue my teacher certification in K-12 library science so that I can work in school libraries, this could affect me some day soon) :)

 

Ebor

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
6,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
64
Location
Maryland
Donna Rose said:
Can you elaborate on this? I have never heard of them -- is this an organization? (Since I plan to pursue my teacher certification in K-12 library science so that I can work in school libraries, this could affect me some day soon) :)
The Skies of Rohan is the Idaho and Montana Tolkien Society.  One of the things that they do is distribute copies of Tolkien works to secondary school libraries in those states and some other places. Their list includes one in Denmark and another in New York.  Many of the schools listed are in small towns (which compared to the East is most of the towns in Montana I'll admit.  ;) )  so the librarians likely don't have lots of money for new acquisitions.  So the gift of books is a Very Good Thing.  :)

Here is  their link: http://www.skiesofrohan.com/index.html

Ebor
 

Donna Rose

High Elder
Joined
Jul 21, 2003
Messages
937
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
36
Location
New York
Thanks for the info, Ebor. I bookmarked the link and will give it a good look as soon as I can. :)

Donna
 

Pedro

Archon
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
2,833
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
40
Location
Greenville, SC
Jakub said:
I do like a 50/50 mix of Black Cavendish & Vanilla... ;) while sipping a bit of Benedictine...what say you ?

james
Two roads I like to travel:

1) Start me off with a shot of either Cuervo Black Medallion, Sauza Hornitos/3G or Patrón (or, heck, all three on a feast day!) while puffing on a Cohiba.  Finish off with a Dos Equis Amber.

2) Start me off with a shot of Gentlemen's Jack or Jim Beam Black Label (again, those two boys get along great together) while enjoying an H Upmann or a Montecristo.  Finish off w/either a Shiner Bock or a Lone Star.
 

James

Archon
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
2,749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
69
Location
Ventura, California
Good stuff my brother...whom was formely Pedro, I do like my rum & coke, vodka & lemonade, tequila straight or with a natural citrus juice, Tecate or XX, and my staple Sam Adams...

That is summer time mode of course...

james

 

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
9,487
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Here's my favourite:

Start out with a triple (or more) of Makers Mark, neat, don't ruin it by mixing crap into it. Drink, repeat until bottle is empty....seep. ;)

And this one works for all seasons and all times of day. ;D
 

Ebor

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
6,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
64
Location
Maryland
greekischristian said:
Here's my favourite:

Start out with a triple (or more) of Makers Mark, neat, don't ruin it by mixing crap into it. Drink, repeat until bottle is empty....seep. ;)
Seep?!!?  If something is seeping out of the bottle you're wasting it and if you're seeping that's not good either.  ;)

Ebor
 

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
9,487
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Ebor said:
Seep?!!?  If something is seeping out of the bottle you're wasting it and if you're seeping that's not good either.  ;)

Ebor
My bad, I fear I've been following my own advice, except for that 'seeping' part. ;)
 

scamandrius

Merarches
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
9,377
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
44
Location
Omaha
If anyone on this board is a Raiders' Fan (I really hope not), this is for you.  But this speaks volumes about whom the Raiders have in their fan club! ;)

Death Row killer's last words: Go Raiders
MICHAEL KIEFER AND JUDI VILLA
THE ARIZONA REPUBLIC
Posted: 5/23/2007 

FLORENCE, Ariz. -- Robert Comer died Tuesday with a steady gaze and a defiant smile on his face, the first person to be executed in Arizona since November 2000.

He was strapped to a gurney and covered up to his neck with a sheet.

There was no sight of the catheter into his groin that made the lethal injection possible, no sight of the executioners on the other side of a wall.

But Comer was smiling; he had petitioned the federal courts to stop his appeals and hasten his own execution. He was in control of his destiny.

Comer brought a picture of his daughter with him to the death chamber and used his last words to say, "Go, Raiders."
 
Top