Random Postings

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
vamrat said:
Ismi, can I assume from your sig below your pic that you are listening to Rammstein now? 

Veer all living in Amerika, Amerika, ist wunderbar!
Yeah, I go through weird stages with music and now I am listening to several of their albums.

The faster stuff is good workout music.

Coca Cola, Wonderbra!
I have had just about every album they've done, even the two live ones, though Reise Reise is lost.  I have destroyed my second copy of Sehnsucht and will need to buy a third when I get paid.  I think just about anything off of Herzeleid or Sehnsucht would be good exercise music.  Some of the middle albums get softer and slower, though Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da reminds me a lot of their older albums.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Is "Liebe ist fur alle da" the more, what I call mellow (relatively mellow ;D ) album? Trying to remember. One of them just did not catch on. I only listened to it once.

I love Reise, Reise and Herzeleid. I'm familiar with bits from the rest of the CDs, but my sister and husband are the ones who know much more about the albums.

"German is the language of anger."  :angel:

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Is "Liebe ist fur alle da" the more, what I call mellow (relatively mellow ;D ) album? Trying to remember. One of them just did not catch on. I only listened to it once.

I love Reise, Reise and Herzeleid. I'm familiar with bits from the rest of the CDs, but my sister and husband are the ones who know much more about the albums.

"German is the language of anger."  :angel:
Herzeleid and Sehnsucht are the first two.  (Sehnsucht has Du Hast on it.)  They are harder.  

I think that Liebe ist fur Alle Da is a bit more "mellow" than the first two, but is somewhat comparable to Mutter.  It's not as mellow as Rosenrot.  On LIFAD there were some pretty heavy songs - Ich Tuh Dir Weh, Haifisch, and (Diminutive of Cat) specifically.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
vamrat said:
and (Diminutive of Cat) specifically.
Niiiice.

Will have to dig up the other two albums, if I can find them. I'll probably know more about Sehnsucht (that's the one my sister used to listen to, and I would pound the walls and scream at her to turn the music down), so I'll look for that.

Reaction score
Reason #49285 to have an icon of the nativity rather than a creche scene with figurines:

Mounted prints of icons are a lot cheaper than Nativity sets!

This year will mark the first Christmas that I am decorating my own place with my own stuff. In addition to putting out an icon of the Nativity, the sentimentalist in me wanted to get a Nativity set. (I was raised with it and I like it so  :p )

These things are freakin' expensive!!  :eek:  :eek:

I mean, I'm not looking for anything fancy, but every set I see is well over $100!!

I'll just stick with my Nativity tryptich icon set, thank you very much!  ;D

Melodist

Archon
Reaction score
HandmaidenofGod said:
Reason #49285 to have an icon of the nativity rather than a creche scene with figurines:

Mounted prints of icons are a lot cheaper than Nativity sets!

This year will mark the first Christmas that I am decorating my own place with my own stuff. In addition to putting out an icon of the Nativity, the sentimentalist in me wanted to get a Nativity set. (I was raised with it and I like it so  :p )

These things are freakin' expensive!!  :eek:  :eek:

I mean, I'm not looking for anything fancy, but every set I see is well over $100!!

I'll just stick with my Nativity tryptich icon set, thank you very much!  ;D
Just think, if you celebrated according to the old calendar, you get on a lot cheaper the day after Christmas, I mean 12 days before, I mean the 26th, I mean the 14th, I mean the day when everything goes on sale.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Just think, if my family had gone with a Nativity icon when I was little, my brother wouldn't have been able to beat me up all those times over the right to put Jesus in His creche.

:p

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
biro said:
I'm on Raptr.com, a gaming site, and it tracks the time you've spent playing a title. I started a game today, and played a little less than an hour. So it lists it as, "2 hrs.," and then under that, "1 hr. total."

What?  ???
Get xfire

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Off for the best french toast, goetta, coffee, and company money can buy. All for less than $8.

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
yesterday I endured a rant, that sucked the life out of me and left me exhausted, from someone( a christian) who seems to draw energy from pointing out  how wrong others are living in their day to day lives these days. from the way things were said I wondered what that one would do if all lived the "right" kind of way. took me a long sit by myself and take deep breaths moment to regain my peace.

Reaction score
Hiwot said:
yesterday I endured a rant, that sucked the life out of me and left me exhausted, from someone( a christian) who seems to draw energy from pointing out  how wrong others are living in their day to day lives these days. from the way things were said I wondered what that one would do if all lived the "right" kind of way. took me a long sit by myself and take deep breaths moment to regain my peace.
(((HUG)))

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Hiwot said:
You have two options.

1- Remind them of the Publican and the pharisee.  Explain to them that you would be remiss in your Christian duties if you did not warn them that pride is a sin - specifically because it keeps you from seeking repentance.

2- Kick them in the chest.  Really hard.  May not change their world view, but it will shut them up for a long time to come.

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
HandmaidenofGod said:
Hiwot said:
(((HUG)))
its amazing what that kind of a hug can do even when given over the net, felt the love all the way down to the tip of my toes my dear, God bless you  :)

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
vamrat said:
Hiwot said:
You have two options.

1- Remind them of the Publican and the pharisee.  Explain to them that you would be remiss in your Christian duties if you did not warn them that pride is a sin - specifically because it keeps you from seeking repentance.

2- Kick them in the chest.  Really hard.  May not change their world view, but it will shut them up for a long time to come.
I remember I mentioned a few things about worrying about our own sins ,loving the sinner and hating the sin, but got no where with it, infact the rant got intense,  for instance the homophobic expletives got cruder and cruder, so for the remainder of the time, I was concentrating on keeping my mouth shut and my hand from traveling with supersonic speed to the cheek of person. ;D

Reaction score
Hiwot said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
Hiwot said:
(((HUG)))
its amazing what that kind of a hug can do even when given over the net, felt the love all the way down to the tip of my toes my dear, God bless you  :)
Aww, I'm glad it helped, and I'm sorry you had to go through such an awful experience yesterday.

May God bless you and heal you from this experience.