Random Postings

Geh

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2014
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm tired of suffering amongst people that think they are so absolutely right.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
I tried to watch a Youtube vid of a debate between Richard Dawkins and... I think it was the senior (Arch?) bishop of Australia? I'm a bit muddled on that. Anyway, I saw it in the recommended vids while I was watching another, so I gave it a shot. Unfortunately I only got 5 or so minutes in before I'd had my fill.  I need to find a debate with like Michael Shermer, Tyson, Rowan, and... hmm... Pope Francis!? Ok, that won't happen. Well anyway...  8)
 

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Joined
May 8, 2014
Messages
12,135
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Age
48
Location
Eugene, OR
Seven-month-old is crawling, just as we're about to pack a truck and move. Let's hope nobody steps on her!
 

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Porter ODoran said:
Seven-month-old is crawling, just as we're about to pack a truck and move. Let's hope nobody steps on her!
I feel your pain. Crawling littles always seem to end up in the most inconvenient of places.  :D
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
I have a cyber crush on someone who is sort of a minor cyber celebrity, and I want to take things to the next level (ie., her being aware of my existence). Should I contact her on facebook or youtube? On which of those sites would my gentlemanly overtures seem most non-creepy?
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
Justin Kissel said:
I have a cyber crush on someone who is sort of a minor cyber celebrity, and I want to take things to the next level (ie., her being aware of my existence). Should I contact her on facebook or youtube? On which of those sites would my gentlemanly overtures seem most non-creepy?
It's Jenna Marbles, isn't it.  Showing up at her front door is always preferable.

 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
I have a cyber crush on someone who is sort of a minor cyber celebrity, and I want to take things to the next level (ie., her being aware of my existence). Should I contact her on facebook or youtube? On which of those sites would my gentlemanly overtures seem most non-creepy?
It's Jenna Marbles, isn't it.  Showing up at her front door is always preferable.
Ew, no  :(  :mad:  Besides, I said a minor cyber celeb... she has 100k subscribers, not 13.3 million like that... that... that woman in the pic.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
Justin Kissel said:
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
I have a cyber crush on someone who is sort of a minor cyber celebrity, and I want to take things to the next level (ie., her being aware of my existence). Should I contact her on facebook or youtube? On which of those sites would my gentlemanly overtures seem most non-creepy?
It's Jenna Marbles, isn't it.  Showing up at her front door is always preferable.
Ew, no  :(  :mad:  Besides, I said a minor cyber celeb... she has 100k subscribers, not 13.3 million like that... that... that woman in the pic.
In order for me to give proper advice on this sensitive issue, it is vital that you provide us with her identity. No internet advice can be sound unless it is preceded by a good amount of cyber stalking.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
Yes, her hair is a fiery red, like the furnace of love kindled and now growing in my heart. Her skin is lovely, her face the shape of perfection. She is as guileless as a newborn lamb, as sweet as sugar, and as honest as a newly-fallen snow on an early Pennsylvania morning. She carries many things in her purse, like mustard packets, two ipods, ear plugs, a mini tennis shoe, and three types of hand lotion--but do not let this mislead you! Never! She merely likes to be prepared. She has a most lovely voice, like an echoing wind swirling through a deep cavern, bewitching the creatures that lurk therein, and putting them into a deep slumber of peace. But for me it is not so, but rather, behold: her soft, sweet voice raises in me the strongest fury of innocent, pure, passionate desire. And like the sad and decaying leaves smashed underfoot in the forest of my heart, so do I feel when a video of hers comes to an end. The sadness, the depression! I must see if, perchance, something can come of this connection I feel between us. I also think she's pretty.
 

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Joined
May 8, 2014
Messages
12,135
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Age
48
Location
Eugene, OR
Justin Kissel said:
Yes, her hair is a fiery red, like the furnace of love kindled and now growing in my heart. Her skin is lovely, her face the shape of perfection. She is as guileless as a newborn lamb, as sweet as sugar, and as honest as a newly-fallen snow on an early Pennsylvania morning. She carries many things in her purse, like mustard packets, two ipods, ear plugs, a mini tennis shoe, and three types of hand lotion--but do not let this mislead you! Never! She merely likes to be prepared. She has a most lovely voice, like an echoing wind swirling through a deep cavern, bewitching the creatures that lurk therein, and putting them into a deep slumber of peace. But for me it is not so, but rather, behold: her soft, sweet voice raises in me the strongest fury of innocent, pure, passionate desire. And like the sad and decaying leaves smashed underfoot in the forest of my heart, so do I feel when a video of hers comes to an end. The sadness, the depression! I must see if, perchance, something can come of this connection I feel between us. I also think she's pretty.
Is this the gentlemanly overture you're asking us where to put?
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
Porter ODoran said:
Is this the gentlemanly overture you're asking us where to put?
Oh no no no! That is just a rough pittance of what I want to say, and was just off the top of my head. That which I will send to her will be much more polished, more florid in language, sweeter in tone, filled with many more metaphors, and giving a much fuller expression to the emotions welling up in my soul, perhaps even bordering on exaggeration (but I do not want to come on too strong, so I will remain as restrained as I can!)
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
therovingmethodist said:
Is it Laura Cummings?
Her name is not Laura, but I did a Google image search just to make sure, thinking perhaps that she was using a pseudonym on youtube (there are some real perverts out there you know). But no, it is not her.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
therovingmethodist said:
Acacia Brinley Clark?
Wait, wat?  ??? No! I had to Google her (also), and she looks like she's maybe 15?  The heavenly blessed beauty that I am talking about is my age.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
Why are you trying to guess her name? It doesn't matter! No one understands women, no one ever understands any woman ever, never, ever never ever. And this is especially true of man. Therefore, knowing who she is would do little to no good. Since all women are mysterious and ineffable, all women can merely be approached in humility and ignorance, at most hoping that they will take pity on so low a creature as a man, and accept our tokens of gratitude and love, as meaningless as they might actually be! I just need some advice on how to go about this. From some female folk if possible.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
I'm not going to brag too much about my internet sleuthing skills but ASMR is weird, although Violet is pretty cute. She doesn't seem to be too active on Facebook, so I would go with Youtube. Regardless, Indiana means you are doomed to a long distance relationship.   :-\
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
Out of curiosity, did you use google-fu, youtube-fu, look-at-what-vids-Justin-has-posted-on-his-facebook-lately-fu, or look-at-what-vids-Justin-has-linked-to-on-oc.net-lately-fu?
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
I figured that since you use your real name here, you probably do on youtube as well, so I searched you there, found your playlist, saw the red head and recalled you had posted about ASMR on here previously. Also, in your post, you mentioned items in her purse which was one of her recent videos thereby confirming the identity. I then facebooked her and saw where she was from and that she had not posted since 2012 also noticing that you had liked her on facebook.

The process took about 3-4 minutes.
 

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Joined
May 8, 2014
Messages
12,135
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Age
48
Location
Eugene, OR
The serious answer is that what you feel toward her is a simulation of what you should be feeling with someone in natural life, and that, no, you shouldn't approach her at all. You should go out with friends.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
For those who haven't read through the orthonorm dating relationship thread (or, maybe, moreso for those who have and were confused by it), no, I'm not being serious about the question. I do find her attractive, but I was just joking, and I tried to be as over the top as I could be about it because of that. (though of course I'd gladly ask her out if she lived in my town)
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
TheTrisagion said:
I figured that since you use your real name here, you probably do on youtube as well, so I searched you there, found your playlist, saw the red head and recalled you had posted about ASMR on here previously. Also, in your post, you mentioned items in her purse which was one of her recent videos thereby confirming the identity. I then facebooked her and saw where she was from and that she had not posted since 2012 also noticing that you had liked her on facebook.

The process took about 3-4 minutes.
Oh... .
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,219
Reaction score
89
Points
48
Age
41
Justin Kissel said:
TheTrisagion said:
I figured that since you use your real name here, you probably do on youtube as well, so I searched you there, found your playlist, saw the red head and recalled you had posted about ASMR on here previously. Also, in your post, you mentioned items in her purse which was one of her recent videos thereby confirming the identity. I then facebooked her and saw where she was from and that she had not posted since 2012 also noticing that you had liked her on facebook.

The process took about 3-4 minutes.
Oh... .
Ok, after a frantic time checking my playlists at youtube, it appears that there are no overly embarrassing vids that you could have seen that I had watched. *wipes forehead* If I am wrong please let me know so that I can burn them with fire delete them.
 

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Joined
May 8, 2014
Messages
12,135
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Age
48
Location
Eugene, OR
Justin Kissel said:
For those who haven't read through the orthonorm dating relationship thread (or, maybe, moreso for those who have and were confused by it), no, I'm not being serious about the question. I do find her attractive, but I was just joking, and I tried to be as over the top as I could be about it because of that. (though of course I'd gladly ask her out if she lived in my town)
Well played. I'm too new around here to be sure about much, but I thought you were being mostly ironic.

As to my own statement, I made it without much relish and without being too sure it was true. The fact is, my own story is one of a couple of decades of online romances (chaste ones), and then I even met my wife online. So take what I spoke with a grain of salt.
 

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
36,164
Reaction score
36
Points
48
Age
39
Location
New York!
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
TheTrisagion said:
I figured that since you use your real name here, you probably do on youtube as well, so I searched you there, found your playlist, saw the red head and recalled you had posted about ASMR on here previously. Also, in your post, you mentioned items in her purse which was one of her recent videos thereby confirming the identity. I then facebooked her and saw where she was from and that she had not posted since 2012 also noticing that you had liked her on facebook.

The process took about 3-4 minutes.
LOL!
 
Top