Random Postings

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I don't know whether to feel honored or insulted that my sister, who I have never had a close relationship with, is now confiding her boy troubles to me every. single. day. I love her as my sister, but every morning I wake up to more of the same messages, ranting about how no one likes her (although she gets asked out more than anyone I know personally), etc. etc. It's bang-head-on-the-wall-worthy, especially when she doesn't want to listen to my advice, just wants someone to agree with her.

Oy!

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
I don't know whether to feel honored or insulted that my sister, who I have never had a close relationship with, is now confiding her boy troubles to me every. single. day. I love her as my sister, but every morning I wake up to more of the same messages, ranting about how no one likes her (although she gets asked out more than anyone I know personally), etc. etc. It's bang-head-on-the-wall-worthy, especially when she doesn't want to listen to my advice, just wants someone to agree with her.

Oy!
If you need some variety let me know and I'll start confiding my girl troubles to you.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I actually like mothering people as long as I feel like I'm an active participant, not an answering machine!

I guess mothers don't get to dictate how they care, though...or, they do.... :D

EDIT: P.S. My post sounds cruel in the wrong context. (It probably still sounds cruel in the right context, but anyway.) My sister is over 21. Over 21. Not 13 with NSYNC posters hanging on the wall. You think that you'd mature as you got older. She's a very capable woman...but the emotional/love stuff is another story...

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:

New video card just came in. Waiting for the Vatican II firmware to install to downgrade it.
Wow, he really is serious about the missal changes.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
I actually like mothering people as long as I feel like I'm an active participant, not an answering machine!

Maybe she's not used to having a nurturing mother-figure. Hopefully she'll be more receptive once she gets used to confiding in you?

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
IsmiLiora said:

Maybe she's not used to having a nurturing mother-figure. Hopefully she'll be more receptive once she gets used to confiding in you?
Which is why I am trying to listen to her for the time being. I know that she is the way she is because of my parents, and while that makes me really sad, it gets frustrating to talk to someone who can't even admit that she likes you and lashes out at you the minute you disagree with something she said.

Ah, siblings.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
it gets frustrating to talk to someone who can't even admit that she likes you and lashes out at you the minute you disagree with something she said.
SomL.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
IsmiLiora said:
it gets frustrating to talk to someone who can't even admit that she likes you and lashes out at you the minute you disagree with something she said.
SomL.
I didn't know you were Somalian.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Volnutt said:
IsmiLiora said:

Which is why I am trying to listen to her for the time being. I know that she is the way she is because of my parents, and while that makes me really sad, it gets frustrating to talk to someone who can't even admit that she likes you and lashes out at you the minute you disagree with something she said.

Ah, siblings.
*hug*

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
IsmiLiora said:
SomL.
Poor baby!

Thanks, Crystal Volnutt. :)

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
orthonorm said:
IsmiLiora said:
SomL.
Poor baby!

Thanks, Crystal Volnutt. :)
Shyaddap! You're welcome :)

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:

EDIT: P.S. My post sounds cruel in the wrong context. (It probably still sounds cruel in the right context, but anyway.) My sister is over 21. Over 21. Not 13 with NSYNC posters hanging on the wall. You think that you'd mature as you got older. She's a very capable woman...but the emotional/love stuff is another story...
What's wrong with having NSYNC posters on your wall?

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
How dare you post such a thing to him! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFmQU4IStg

Reaction score
Volnutt said:
How dare you post such a thing to him! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFmQU4IStg
This one is my personal favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BrpZe8PUBI&feature=related

Cool points for having that ready!

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I'm going to do that dance routine if I ever get mugged.