Random Postings

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
DeniseDenise said:
Even though i know it is going to do so....i jump at the sound of the biscuit dough making the popping sound as I open the tube.

Every single time.
Do you scare easily?

clearly yes!

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
fun...now i get to deal with this too....

http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/03/autos/subaru-recall/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
No engineer wants to be out of a job like the GM engineers responsible for the faulty ignition switches.

So much pressure to cut pennies and corners - only to cost the company billions down the road....

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
The other day, a partial tooth crown I had fell off. Eeew. I did save the chip, and I am not bleeding or in pain, so that's all right. Weird, though.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
TheTrisagion said:
Did I miss something? How did Shiny/Geh get moderated?
You missed something. 
If significant events are occurring on oc.net and I miss them, clearly I am not spending enough time on here.  :p

littlepilgrim64

High Elder
Reaction score
CopticDeacon said:
littlepilgrim64 said:
On my way to WalMart . . . wonder what kind of characters I will encounter there tonight?  LOL
Mine's in the ghetto. You have no idea.

I've seen things
Actually, it was rather quiet when I went the other night.  I'm down South and we do get the "trailer park" crowd, so you can imagine what I've seen too!

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Packing....I hates it..

7 day business trip, and I am so out of practice that I feel like i will end up taking the whole house in the suitcase.... :(

Nephi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Made the mistake of trying to get things at Walmart tonight. First of the month + night before a holiday = 40 minute lines at 10 PM on a Thursday night. No thanks, I'll do my shopping another day.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Did I miss something? How did Shiny/Geh get moderated?
Think back on what happened when he was banned and what prompted it.

A very similar situation with an equally demolishing outcome for the other "guy". Remember when you whimpered away? This guy won't whimper cause he has managed to craft a less sincere persona here than you for better and worse and thus will pretend to just walk off the grave embarrassment. At least you owned your own weakness, there is something to be said for that.

In any case, I have screen shots for both incidences.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Nephi said:
Made the mistake of trying to get things at Walmart tonight. First of the month + night before a holiday = 40 minute lines at 10 PM on a Thursday night. No thanks, I'll do my shopping another day.
Oh man! I was going to head there. I totally forgot that all of those factors converged. Forget it. I'll go to the grocery store in the morning.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Nephi said:
Oh man! I was going to head there. I totally forgot that all of those factors converged. Forget it. I'll go to the grocery store in the morning.
Why do you hate America?

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I have never understood why 200 people, all about to board a 4.5 hour flight sit down in the terminal.

Won't you be sitting soon enough? Then you will push past me in order to get up.

You have it all wrong. Tire your legs out now by standing.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
ZealousZeal said:
Nephi said:
Why do you hate America?
I like America just fine, it's ridiculous Walmart lines I don't love.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
"The most general message is that the selective residential mobility we observe associated with socioeconomic status has its psychological underpinnings in intelligence differences..."

Well obviously.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Justin Kissel said:
"The most general message is that the selective residential mobility we observe associated with socioeconomic status has its psychological underpinnings in intelligence differences..."

Well obviously.
I hate those textbooks.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Justin Kissel said:

Well obviously.
I hate those textbooks.
+1000

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I'm filling out a profile that asks for a self-summary. I hate those things. I always either sound lame or pretentious. Ok, it's always both. Anyone want to help me out here? Give me a summary. Go ahead and be rude if you want. Or not. Anything would be better than my awkward attempts at writing it. As long as it's honest I will use it, though probably with some dumb introduction like "This is what the people are saying about Justin..."

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
I'm filling out a profile that asks for a self-summary. I hate those things. I always either sound lame or pretentious. Ok, it's always both. Anyone want to help me out here? Give me a summary. Go ahead and be rude if you want. Or not. Anything would be better than my awkward attempts at writing it. As long as it's honest I will use it, though probably with some dumb introduction like "This is what the people are saying about Justin..."
Inconsistent with avatars.

Dan-Romania

High Elder
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
orthonorm said:
ZealousZeal said:
Nephi said:
Why do you hate America?
America loves you.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I am staying in a hotel this week, and I have come to the realization that I want a hotel ice maker installed in my house.

Is this possible?

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Dan-Romania said:
ZealousZeal said:
orthonorm said:
ZealousZeal said:
Nephi said:
Why do you hate America?
America loves you.
All of America? That's a flattering surprise.  ;)

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
So I was watching a survival show with my sister (9) last night and one of the participants on the show was a really grungy looking guy with long hair and a beard.

When she saw him, my sister turned to me and said "he looks like a bishop!"

Nephi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
USPS marked something I was supposed to receive today as "Delivered," but it was never in fact delivered. Great.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Nephi said:
USPS marked something I was supposed to receive today as "Delivered," but it was never in fact delivered. Great.
That happened to me last week. So I emailed the company I ordered my product from, and told them I had never received it. A couple days later, someone emailed me and said, "We're sending another right out to you!" So I told my husband (conversationally) that I was receiving a replacement, and he said, "What? I have that package. It's in the closet. I thought I told you." So I had to quickly email them back and be like "JUST KIDDING!"

The End of the World's Most Boring Story

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
ZealousZeal said:
Nephi said:
That happened to me last week. So I emailed the company I ordered my product from, and told them I had never received it. A couple days later, someone emailed me and said, "We're sending another right out to you!" So I told my husband (conversationally) that I was receiving a replacement, and he said, "What? I have that package. It's in the closet. I thought I told you." So I had to quickly email them back and be like "JUST KIDDING!"

That's certainly a strong candidate. 

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
ZealousZeal said:
Nephi said:

Yeah... I don't have a snappy rejoinder. It is a terrible story.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
Competitive trivia was a little better on Monday night.

We correctly named the top 5 majors winners in Women's Tennis since the Open Era began (late 1960s).

We didn't know that Tastykake celebrated its 100th Anniversary in 2014 - that was question 20.

We clinched the season at the bar we play at - meaning that we play in the semi-final match on July 23 where the top 5 or 6 advance to the World Series.  A lot of players will be out of town for the World Series on the 26th - we may be down to 3 or 4 people.

The bar we play at has minimal competition, other than an Internet Meetup group and the waitstaff / bartenders.  I plan on playing by myself next week - I came in second (out of 7 teams) playing by myself a few months ago.  The top 3 teams receive a $10 gift card.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Mor Ephrem said:
ZealousZeal said:
Nephi said:

I dunno. It is certainly better than most of Charles Martel's stories.  :p

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
ZealousZeal said:
Mor Ephrem said:
ZealousZeal said:
Nephi said:

I dunno. It is certainly better than most of Charles Martel's stories.  :p
Most?  :p ;)

john_mo

High Elder
Reaction score
Antonis said:
So I was watching a survival show with my sister (9) last night and one of the participants on the show was a really grungy looking guy with long hair and a beard.

When she saw him, my sister turned to me and said "he looks like a bishop!"
For a long time before I got 'Doxed, I used to think that Orthodox priests only had such facial hair because it was a fashion trend.  I had no idea that it was required.