• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
JamesR said:
ZealousZeal said:
genesisone said:
ZealousZeal said:
I didn't get the lawn mowed today. :(
I did!!!
At least somebody did! It's supposed to be nice here tomorrow, so I have that to look forward to.
You, a lady, has to mow your own lawn? That's scandalous over here as it makes us males look bad. You should have your children mow the lawn! Buy them McDonalds after :)
It's usually my favorite chore. I like to do it. :) You are more than welcome to come mow it for me today though, and I will buy you McDonald's after. My oldest child is 4, so he's not much use to me for this task. I do have him vacuum though. :p
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,834
Reaction score
17
Points
38
Age
41
Location
PA, USA
193 Guests, 19 Users (4 Hidden)
Sometimes, I wonder what the 193 anonymous guests who are staring at our forum are thinking right now.  I suspect at least some of them are thinking "Gee, I wish I was as cool as TheTrisagion".  Well, my friends, if you are reading this, you must give up.  It is hopeless to even try.
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
36
Location
Omaha
TheTrisagion said:
193 Guests, 19 Users (4 Hidden)
Sometimes, I wonder what the 193 anonymous guests who are staring at our forum are thinking right now.  I suspect at least some of them are thinking "Gee, I wish I was as cool as TheTrisagion".  Well, my friends, if you are reading this, you must give up.  It is hopeless to even try.
More likely they are bots trying to determine TheTrisagion's credit card number. Just sayin'.
 

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
ZealousZeal said:
JamesR said:
ZealousZeal said:
genesisone said:
ZealousZeal said:
I didn't get the lawn mowed today. :(
I did!!!
At least somebody did! It's supposed to be nice here tomorrow, so I have that to look forward to.
You, a lady, has to mow your own lawn? That's scandalous over here as it makes us males look bad. You should have your children mow the lawn! Buy them McDonalds after :)
It's usually my favorite chore. I like to do it. :) You are more than welcome to come mow it for me today though, and I will buy you McDonald's after. My oldest child is 4, so he's not much use to me for this task. I do have him vacuum though. :p
So I take it that's a no? I waited for you all day. The lawn ain't gonna mow itself. You can forget about McDonald's now.
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
24
Location
The Underground
ZealousZeal said:
ZealousZeal said:
JamesR said:
ZealousZeal said:
genesisone said:
ZealousZeal said:
I didn't get the lawn mowed today. :(
I did!!!
At least somebody did! It's supposed to be nice here tomorrow, so I have that to look forward to.
You, a lady, has to mow your own lawn? That's scandalous over here as it makes us males look bad. You should have your children mow the lawn! Buy them McDonalds after :)
It's usually my favorite chore. I like to do it. :) You are more than welcome to come mow it for me today though, and I will buy you McDonald's after. My oldest child is 4, so he's not much use to me for this task. I do have him vacuum though. :p
So I take it that's a no? I waited for you all day. The lawn ain't gonna mow itself. You can forget about McDonald's now.
Well, you know that driving all the way across the country is a bit of a challenge :) I about gave up once I reached Missouri and turned back. Next time you'll have to fly me out  ;)
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,505
Reaction score
269
Points
83
Age
41
"In the episode 'Bad Timing,' which first aired February 7, 1987, David and a former girlfriend debate whether to have sex. The episode featured the first primetime use of the word condom. Parental advisory warnings were issued in ads for the episode and NBC placed an advisory before the episode aired stating that parents may want to watch the episode with their children. Some of NBC's affiliates either aired the show outside of primetime or refused to air it at all." - Wiki

Was this real life?
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,505
Reaction score
269
Points
83
Age
41
For me it's getting cut off just below his mouth... hmm... maybe I'll try reloading it...
 

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
0
Points
0
1000th post!

Sure took me long enough, since February of 2010.
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
36
Location
Omaha
http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/742195

World Tank Biathlon!

ALABINO, July 24. /ITAR-TASS/. Russia’s Defense Ministry is ready to hold the world’s tank biathlon, Deputy Defense Minister Arkady Bakhin said on Thursday.

“The Defense Ministry is ready for this large-scale and unique event,” General Bakhin said.

The tank biathlon will be held in Alabino, outside Moscow, from August 4 to August 16. Twelve countries - Russia, Angola, Armenia, Belarus, Venezuela, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Kuwait, Mongolia and Serbia - will be involved in the competition.
Wish I had tickets.  This would be so much cooler than silly soccer.
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,505
Reaction score
269
Points
83
Age
41
Pro tip for you youngsters: if you are starting a new medication, and one likely side effect is nausea, it's probably not a good idea to eat a heavy, acidic meal for dinner.  8)  :-\
 

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
0
Points
0
The diversity of regular posters seems to have slimmed down as of late.  :-\
 

Maria

Toumarches
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Messages
14,023
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
USA
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Antonis said:
The diversity of regular posters seems to have slimmed down as of late.  :-\
It is Friday.

Counting one, two, three, or more and the server will be down for the weekly maintenance.

Many people already know this, and so do not bother to post. Why post when your entire post can suddenly disappear while the site undergoes its weekly maintenance?
 

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Maria said:
Antonis said:
The diversity of regular posters seems to have slimmed down as of late.  :-\
It is Friday.

Counting one, two, three, or more and the server will be down for the weekly maintenance.

Many people already know this, and so do not bother to post. Why post when your entire post can suddenly disappear while the site undergoes its weekly maintenance?
While I'm sure that's true, when I said "as of late," I meant in the past few days/weeks.
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,505
Reaction score
269
Points
83
Age
41
Antonis said:
Maria said:
Antonis said:
The diversity of regular posters seems to have slimmed down as of late.  :-\
It is Friday.

Counting one, two, three, or more and the server will be down for the weekly maintenance.

Many people already know this, and so do not bother to post. Why post when your entire post can suddenly disappear while the site undergoes its weekly maintenance?
While I'm sure that's true, when I said "as of late," I meant in the past few days/weeks.
Now that I am back what use could you have for diversity among regular posters? I can assure you that I have more than enough personalities to make things interesting!
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,505
Reaction score
269
Points
83
Age
41
Mor Ephrem said:
Justin Kissel said:
^nutjob  ::)
I love your new beard sans mustache and fancypants brown skin, Justin.  Welcome to the wild side!
Alas! It was merely a transitional phase on the road to enlightenment. I don't know what I've now become, and I don't think I've completed the journey yet... but at least I feel kinda funny in a very interesting way at the moment. Mzack.
 

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
36,282
Reaction score
164
Points
63
Age
39
Location
New York!
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Justin Kissel said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Justin Kissel said:
^nutjob  ::)
I love your new beard sans mustache and fancypants brown skin, Justin.  Welcome to the wild side!
Alas! It was merely a transitional phase on the road to enlightenment. I don't know what I've now become, and I don't think I've completed the journey yet... but at least I feel kinda funny in a very interesting way at the moment. Mzack.
Now you look like an Obamallama. 
 

john_mo

High Elder
Joined
Apr 9, 2013
Messages
894
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Germany
vamrat said:
http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/742195

World Tank Biathlon!

ALABINO, July 24. /ITAR-TASS/. Russia’s Defense Ministry is ready to hold the world’s tank biathlon, Deputy Defense Minister Arkady Bakhin said on Thursday.

“The Defense Ministry is ready for this large-scale and unique event,” General Bakhin said.

The tank biathlon will be held in Alabino, outside Moscow, from August 4 to August 16. Twelve countries - Russia, Angola, Armenia, Belarus, Venezuela, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Kuwait, Mongolia and Serbia - will be involved in the competition.
Wish I had tickets.  This would be so much cooler than silly soccer.
When tanks can do this,
or this
, give me a call.
 

Ebor

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
6,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
64
Location
Maryland
Justin Kissel said:
Why goosebumps? Why not duckbumps or cowbumps? ???
"goosebumps (n.) Look up goosebumps at Dictionary.com
   also goose bumps, 1919, from goose (n.) + bump (n.). Earlier in the same sense was goose flesh (c.1810) and goose skin (1785)."
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=Goose+bumps

Have you ever seen a goose or turkey that hasn't been fully plucked?  I'd guess that it's referring to looking like the bumps that are the places where the feathers grow out of the skin.   That doesn't happen with cow hide.  :D
 

Nephi

Protokentarchos
Joined
Apr 18, 2011
Messages
4,829
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
30
I just can't break the Christ the High Priest theme for my avatar. They're easily some of my favorite icons.
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
24
Location
The Underground
This isn't good. I've had a horrible toothache all day and probably need to see the dentist. I may have my very first cavity.
 

Maria

Toumarches
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Messages
14,023
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
USA
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
JamesR said:
This isn't good. I've had a horrible toothache all day and probably need to see the dentist. I may have my very first cavity.
Lord have mercy. Whenever I have had a toothache, it was a sinus infection. Strange, but the roots of our upper teeth penetrate into the sinuses, so a sinus infection will cause a toothache.
 

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
How long after liturgy has ended is it appropriate to make bawdy jokes during a non-fasting time if the closest monastery is within 300 miles and you cover your hair?
 

Maria

Toumarches
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Messages
14,023
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
USA
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
TheMathematician said:
Someday, i will finally make it to scotland
Wouldn't you know, now the page opens to the Quick Reply box.

Before there was no way to post except to quote someone.

When will this thread end? Is there any maximum number of posts in one thread?
 
Top