Random Postings

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
My ex says cops came to her house to arrest me for a hit and run, which I will firstly say I do not recall. She may be making it up to freak me out (wouldnt be new), but I am conscerned. I was hit in the back by a car on wednesday and maybe when I was hit I was knocked into the car in front of me and didnt notice, it happened really fast. I spoke to the lady that hit me, all was well, no cops called. But I didnt even consider that she knocked me into the car in front of me. What to do???
First - Did you stay at the scene of the accident long enough to get insurance and contact info from the woman who hit you?
Second - Did any person who may have been in front of you stay as well?
Third - Is there any damage to the front of your car?
Fourth - Is your ex crazy?  (I mean, yeah, obviously she is, but I am wondering if she is crazier than normal?)

Where I am going with this is, IF you stayed at the scene long enough to get info from the other motorist AND IF no one stayed who might have been in front of you, the likelihood of them being hit is slim.  Even if you did, they weren't concerned enough about it to have stayed at the scene of the accident so you should not be guilty of anything.

This may be negated if there is damage to the front of your car.  If not then this just adds to the unlikelihood of the event.
If your ex-GF is crazier than the amount usually exhibited by ex-GF's then this makes the claim even more likely.  

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
ialmisry said:
celticfan1888 said:
Horrible, but kind of funny

1) Jesus didn't promise the end of wicked people, at least not yet. Quite the opposite.
2) It was global warming.
3) "Odin" here has two eyes (the real Odin LOL traded one to Loki) and Thor's hammer. They can't even get their nordic mythology right.

Now, having given further evidence for my best friend's statement that I'm the "non-science Sheldon"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheldon_Cooper
I'll stop now.
That is Thor pictured (it's from the game Age of Mythology).  That and the hammer (Mjollnir).  I am pretty sure that Odin traded his eye to the Well of Urd for knowledge.  Oh well, either way this is more detailed info about pagan gods than a Christian has any business knowing... ;)

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
My ex says cops came to her house to arrest me for a hit and run, which I will firstly say I do not recall. She may be making it up to freak me out (wouldnt be new), but I am conscerned. I was hit in the back by a car on wednesday and maybe when I was hit I was knocked into the car in front of me and didnt notice, it happened really fast. I spoke to the lady that hit me, all was well, no cops called. But I didnt even consider that she knocked me into the car in front of me. What to do???
why would they be coming to her house and not yours?

do you get the name and number of the lady that hit you?  Did the car in front of you stop and talk too?  If not, then they were hit and ran.

This isnt' the same girl who says she likes your ax, is it?

Unfortunately, having to deal with a goofy ex, the cops can't tell you if they have a warrent unless you come in, and often not even then.

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
vamrat said:
ialmisry said:
celticfan1888 said:

1) Jesus didn't promise the end of wicked people, at least not yet. Quite the opposite.
3) "Odin" here has two eyes (the real Odin LOL traded one to Loki) and Thor's hammer. They can't even get their nordic mythology right.

Now, having given further evidence for my best friend's statement that I'm the "non-science Sheldon"
I'll stop now.
That is Thor pictured (it's from the game Age of Mythology).  That and the hammer (Mjollnir).  I am pretty sure that Odin traded his eye to the Well of Urd for knowledge.  Oh well, either way this is more detailed info about pagan gods than a Christian has any business knowing... ;)
Now, that you reminded me (I've had only two cups of coffee), it was Mimir's Well (Mímisbrunnr). Not that we, as you point out, have any need to know that....

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
ialmisry said:
vamrat said:
ialmisry said:
celticfan1888 said:

I'll stop now.
Now, that you reminded me (I've had only two cups of coffee), it was Mimir's Well (Mímisbrunnr). Not that we, as you point out, have any need to know that....
You are right.  I remembered that on the way out from work.  I mean...no, I didn't know that...it being paganism and such!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
You people can't even tell a warp matrix flux capacitor from a self-sealing stem bolt, and yet you have the nerve to call yourself Trek fans? You disgust me.  And btw, this is a self-sealing stem bolt:

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The irony of it all! I find a place online where I can watch the 1965 TV special A Charlie Brown Christmas, and it keeps getting interrupted by... commercials.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
vamrat said:
celticfan1888 said:
First - Did you stay at the scene of the accident long enough to get insurance and contact info from the woman who hit you?
Fourth - Is your ex crazy?  (I mean, yeah, obviously she is, but I am wondering if she is crazier than normal?)

Where I am going with this is, IF you stayed at the scene long enough to get info from the other motorist AND IF no one stayed who might have been in front of you, the likelihood of them being hit is slim.  Even if you did, they weren't concerned enough about it to have stayed at the scene of the accident so you should not be guilty of anything.

This may be negated if there is damage to the front of your car.  If not then this just adds to the unlikelihood of the event.
If your ex-GF is crazier than the amount usually exhibited by ex-GF's then this makes the claim even more likely.  
First - yes, Second - she did, but the light was red at the time, Third - Nope, Fourth - Eh, no but can be mean.

I got out of the car to talk to the lady who hit me, so if I hit the lady in front, should she not have came to talk to me???

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
ialmisry said:
celticfan1888 said:
why would they be coming to her house and not yours?

do you get the name and number of the lady that hit you?  Did the car in front of you stop and talk too?  If not, then they were hit and ran.

This isnt' the same girl who says she likes your ax, is it?

Unfortunately, having to deal with a goofy ex, the cops can't tell you if they have a warrent unless you come in, and often not even then.
I used to live with her. I got the info from the lady who hit me in the back, the lady in front never even got out of her car, so I didnt think I even hit her.

Everyone likes my axe. ;)

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
vamrat said:
celticfan1888 said:

First - yes, Second - she did, but the light was red at the time, Third - Nope, Fourth - Eh, no but can be mean.

I got out of the car to talk to the lady who hit me, so if I hit the lady in front, should she not have came to talk to me???
Yes.  If she had been hit she should have gotten out to retrieve insurance and contact information.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
You people can't even tell a warp matrix flux capacitor from a self-sealing stem bolt, and yet you have the nerve to call yourself Trek fans? You disgust me.  And btw, this is a self-sealing stem bolt:

You get +5 cookies.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
vamrat said:
celticfan1888 said:
vamrat said:
celticfan1888 said:

Yes.  If she had been hit she should have gotten out to retrieve insurance and contact information.
Would the fuzz follow that?

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Just learned that Libya used to be monarchy before Gaddafi's dictatorship. I wonder if there is any support for monarchy in present Libya and what was king Idris' relationship with Libyan Christians?

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Alpo said:
Just learned that Libya used to be monarchy before Gaddafi's dictatorship. I wonder if there is any support for monarchy in present Libya and what was king Idris' relationship with Libyan Christians?
It'd be good if Libya becomes a Christian kingdom again.  :) I can dream, can't I?  ;D

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
i chillin in my new computer chair that I gots for christmas as i make this post let me ax u a question u jealous yeah u jealous i gotta go

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Was it a Libyan monarchy or an Italian one?  They were an Italian colony at one time.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
vamrat said:
celticfan1888 said:
vamrat said:
celticfan1888 said:

Would the fuzz follow that?
I'm not a lawyer or a cop, but I have been in accidents before.  That's how I always figured things.  I was told before that if the damage is over $500 or so you need to file a police report, any under that than it's not necessary.  But if they didn't care to file a police report, I'm not sure how much they plan on filing suit for.

Seth84

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
My dad got me a hand painted icon of St. John the Baptist, my patron, for Christmas.  It is absolutely stunning.  It is based upon the image from Dionysiou monastery on Mount Athos.  I am so happy.  :)

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Ionnis said:
My dad got me a hand painted icon of St. John the Baptist, my patron, for Christmas.  It is absolutely stunning.  It is based upon the image from Dionysiou monastery on Mount Athos.   I am so happy.  :)
Wonderful.

Merry Christmas Ionnis.