Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
DeniseDenise said:
Alpo said:
Cyrillic said:
After many weeks I finally got my pocket watch working again. It isn't easy messing with all those small parts. At least I'll be able to know what time is it when I go outside. Luckily I didn't have much reason to go outside with the summer vacation.
With what kind of clothes you're wearing it? I had one until I lost it. Now I'm using a crappy second hand watch. Not as fancy but it's easier to combne with more casual clothes. Also, it's annoying trying to dig a pocket watch from your pockets when you're wearing too slim jeans.
This is quite easily fixed.

Men should not wear 'too slim jeans'
Courtesy of "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" (warning: some language NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7Ts4v5_Bs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLUvOtqTmYM

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Just admit it. You'd like to have jeans like that too. It's allright. We'll take care of you. :-*

R

Raylight

Justin Kissel said:
Next trend in fashion: bodybuilder skinny jeans.

Based on the "fashion" we see today, I somehow think that could happen in the future.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Gender roles are boring. Many people don't really conform to them but for some reason seem to identify with them. I've never really understood why.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Gender roles are boring. Many people don't really conform to them but for some reason seem to identify with them. I've never really understood why.
Gender role schmender role.....

Not visually appealing on men.

End of Story.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Alpo said:
I conform to them because wearing those jeans would require me to castrate myself in order to make space and wear them comfortably. 

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Alpo said:
I conform to them because wearing those jeans would require me to castrate myself in order to make space and wear them comfortably. 

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR SUCH JEANS.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
kelly said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Alpo said:

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR SUCH JEANS.
;)

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
TheTrisagion said:
Looks like the ol' ball and chain has spoke, Mor.  ;)
Even otherwise, I am dedicated to keeping my apparatus as God gave it to me. 
Hmm, I took you for the second Origen.  I guess I misread you.  Keep your fancypant male equipment if you must.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
DeniseDenise said:
TheTrisagion said:
I really despise the whole ice bucket challenge fad.

considering its seriously injured at least two people......
Has it really?
buckets of water can be dangerous when you drop them on your head.  Especially if you have been recently vaccinated.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
DeniseDenise said:
TheTrisagion said:

Has it really?

yes....i mean not the ice hitting the person sort of injured.....1 of the 4 is still in critical condition

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/22/firefighters-electrocuted-after-helping-with-als-ice-bucket-challenge/

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
TheTrisagion said:

That doesn't bother me. It is just the annoyance of millions of people dumping water on their head for no other reason than someone said it is for ALS.

Hey, why doesn't everyone stick a boot up their bum for hotchkins lymphoma?  It will help about as much.

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Just returned from a fantastic vacation in the beautiful Finger Lakes of NYS, and brought back some fantastic wines from the area.

Also, Corning Glass museum was fun as well

on that note, i should make/resurrect the NYS thread

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
DeniseDenise said:
TheTrisagion said:

That doesn't bother me. It is just the annoyance of millions of people dumping water on their head for no other reason than someone said it is for ALS.

Hey, why doesn't everyone stick a boot up their bum for hotchkins lymphoma?  It will help about as much.
Kermit the Frog's, Charlie Sheen's and George W. Bush's challenges were quite amusing.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
TheMathematician said:
Just returned from a fantastic vacation in the beautiful Finger Lakes of NYS, and brought back some fantastic wines from the area.

Please do! 

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
TheMathematician said:

I just spent the last week in Corning! Did you make it to Market Street while you were in town? And what lakes did you visit?

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
ZealousZeal said:
TheMathematician said:

I just spent the last week in Corning! Did you make it to Market Street while you were in town? And what lakes did you visit?
Remember, TheMathematician, this quiz makes up 15% of your final grade.   

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I keep reading two thread titles at once and thus wondering why people are posting threads called

Hitchhiking faith of our Founders

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
TheMathematician said:

Please do! 
Resurrect it, and I shall post in it. I cant find it myself

ZealousZeal said:
TheMathematician said:

We stayed on Market street(technically on Denison Parkway, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttt yeah) We just went to Seneca Lake, but did the entire lake in a day. but we had to pass up some wineries that we didnt want to go to.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
My sharemates are playing Lord of the Rings. I'd love to join them, but I haven't played video games for years and quite frankly I was never very good at it.  :-\

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
My sharemates are playing Lord of the Rings. I'd love to join them, but I haven't played video games for years and quite frankly I was never very good at it.   :-\
Battle for Middle Earth or the hack-and-slashers?

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
My sharemates are playing Lord of the Rings. I'd love to join them, but I haven't played video games for years and quite frankly I was never very good at it.   :-\
Pretty sure it was the latter.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Press buttons really fast. That way you'll win.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
My sharemates are playing Lord of the Rings. I'd love to join them, but I haven't played video games for years and quite frankly I was never very good at it.   :-\
Press buttons really fast. That way you'll win.
I'll try to remember that.  :)

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
So I went to DL, despite a headache.

So as things progress, I keep seeing this flash of light out of the corner of my eye.  I wear glasses so I have -zero- clear peripheral vision, so I kept thinking 'is this my headache....am i seeing things?'  it was not consistent but kept happening, leaving me thinking i might need to go to the Dr. afterwards.

DL winds to a close, and as people go up to kiss the Cross and get a blessing, I see it again!  Only this time I can see that its at ground level and is attached to a small child, one of our Deacon's girls.  She has on new shoes that flash if she steps down hard enough!

I talked to the Diakonissa afterwards and told her my tale of thinking i was either very ill or insane, and we both had a good laugh. Evidently she didn't want to let the little one wear -those- shoes to Church, but they would not have arrived if she didn't.

D, who is very glad she isn't more damaged then previously thought

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
So I went to DL, despite a headache.

So as things progress, I keep seeing this flash of light out of the corner of my eye.  I wear glasses so I have -zero- clear peripheral vision, so I kept thinking 'is this my headache....am i seeing things?'   it was not consistent but kept happening, leaving me thinking i might need to go to the Dr. afterwards.

DL winds to a close, and as people go up to kiss the Cross and get a blessing, I see it again!  Only this time I can see that its at ground level and is attached to a small child, one of our Deacon's girls.  She has on new shoes that flash if she steps down hard enough!

I talked to the Diakonissa afterwards and told her my tale of thinking i was either very ill or insane, and we both had a good laugh. Evidently she didn't want to let the little one wear -those- shoes to Church, but they would not have arrived if she didn't.

D, who is very glad she isn't more damaged then previously thought
A couple of Paschas ago, one of my kids switched shoes in the car and we didn't realize it until she started flashing in the otherwise darkened church.