Random Postings

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
If you put a piece of cheese on a cheese flavored cracker, will there be a hole in space and time?

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
biro said:
If you put a piece of cheese on a cheese flavored cracker, will there be a hole in space and time?
No, it will just be doubled cheese.  Perhaps the cheese will cancel out like in some mathematical problems.  Just make a point of not trying this until Saturday.  There is a fast!

FountainPen

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
vamrat said:
biro said:
No, it will just be doubled cheese.  Perhaps the cheese will cancel out like in some mathematical problems.  Just make a point of not trying this until Saturday.  There is a fast!
Can we stop talking about cheese please? I'm off cheese for New Years and i really want some Welsh Rarebit.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
For those of us who like e-books: Amazon has 'On Acquisition of the Holy Spirit' by St. Seraphim of Sarov, for 99 cents.  :)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
As the he got out of his Chevy Volt I held my breath. Reggie was a mountain of a man: 6'4" tall, and at least 280 pounds, all of it muscle. One of his brothers had let me know that he would be exceedingly belligerent, but what could I do? I approached the angry young man, and asked in as polite a tone as I could manage: "Are you the chef at Big Jim's Vegan Palace?" He looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my years. "I'm with the Stourbridge Gazette, and I just wanted to talk to you for a moment." Nothing. I felt like such a cub. "I'm sorry," I stuttered, "Is your name Reginald Barclay?" Upon hearing the name he swiftly turned towards me, his full attention focused on my now-beet-red face. "Look," I said, backing away slowly, "I'm just looking for a tip on where I can find--" ...but I never got to finish that question...

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
As the he got out of his Chevy Volt I held my breath. Reggie was a mountain of a man: 6'4" tall, and at least 280 pounds, all of it muscle. One of his brothers had let me know that he would be exceedingly belligerent, but what could I do? I approached the angry young man, and asked in as polite a tone as I could manage: "Are you the chef at Big Jim's Vegan Palace?" He looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my years. "I'm with the Stourbridge Gazette, and I just wanted to talk to you for a moment." Nothing. I felt like such a cub. "I'm sorry," I stuttered, "Is your name Reginald Barclay?" Upon hearing the name he swiftly turned towards me, his full attention focused on my now-beet-red face. "Look," I said, backing away slowly, "I'm just looking for a tip on where I can find--" ...but I never got to finish that question...
You have talent.

Then again, my mommy is the only one who ever complimented my writing style or ever said anything about it one way or the other, so you might want a second opinion...

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
A thought-provoking comment from an apparent Lutheran, tistout65, who posted to TheLutheranSatire's video on Calvinism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWbRuDG3e-Q
1517CalvinMartin, to focus on the possibility of "losing salvation" just shows that your focus is in the wrong place. Christ Jesus died for the sins of the world, the whole world, not just the elect, and nothing anyone can do will change that. We have eternal hope that for Christ's sake, God will always forgive us. If I focus on my choice to believe (Arminianism) or on the secret election (Calvinism) my focus is not on Christ's death for me, but on a false god.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
A thought-provoking comment from an apparent Lutheran, tistout65, who posted to TheLutheranSatire's video on Calvinism.

1517CalvinMartin, to focus on the possibility of "losing salvation" just shows that your focus is in the wrong place. Christ Jesus died for the sins of the world, the whole world, not just the elect, and nothing anyone can do will change that. We have eternal hope that for Christ's sake, God will always forgive us. If I focus on my choice to believe (Arminianism) or on the secret election (Calvinism) my focus is not on Christ's death for me, but on a false god.
Huh. I don't have anything to say at the moment (chewing it over), but thanks for posting it...

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Volnutt said:

Huh. I don't have anything to say at the moment (chewing it over), but thanks for posting it...
I just like the way it eloquently splits that traditional "election vs. choice" dilemma. It's the same thing I've been trying to do as someone who used to be highly obsessed with that issue.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Bobbing for crab apples is quite the delicious appetizer!

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Found some of my football pics from HS (as evident by my avatar) yay!
Well, it's nice to hear you talk about proper football.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
There will be two Australians playing in the BCS national championship game. Brad Wing of Melbourne (punter - LSU) and Jesse Williams of Brisbane (defensive lineman - Alabama)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_staples/01/05/lsu-alabama-aussies-rule/index.html?xid=cnnbin

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
So, since I've decided I'm bored with soccer (I have the urge to hit people), I got back into weight lifting my specs now are 5'10" 240 lbs, 4.6 40-yard dash, Bench 425, Squat 640. I want to start playing american football at a competitive level again, the question is, should I A) Try-out for the LSU football team as a walk-on in the spring or B) Try-out for the New Orleans VooDoo arena football team? A) would probably be preferred, but with B) I can get paid while I'm in school (albeit $400 a week).

I had scholarship offers from Southeastern Louisiana, Northwestern State, Valdosta State, and Texas State out of HS (I'm only a sophomore in college) and I went to a very small, very sparsely recruited high school so that's a big reason why the big schools didnt pay too much attention to me. I played running back, linebacker, kicker, punter, kick return, punt return, and a "Wildcat" formation quarterback in HS so one of those is going to be my position of choice, Running Back will probably be my best fit. I know I can atleast make LSU as a walk-on special teams player, and I know I can make the VooDoo.

I've been playing Rugby Union and American Football at a club level weekly (including LSU Rugby) so my fitness is great too and I'm all revved up for some game action.

Opinions?