Random Postings

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
So, since I've decided I'm bored with soccer (I have the urge to hit people), I got back into weight lifting my specs now are 5'10" 240 lbs, 4.6 40-yard dash, Bench 425, Squat 640. I want to start playing american football at a competitive level again, the question is, should I A) Try-out for the LSU football team as a walk-on in the spring or B) Try-out for the New Orleans VooDoo arena football team? A) would probably be preferred, but with B) I can get paid while I'm in school (albeit $400 a week).

I had scholarship offers from Southeastern Louisiana, Northwestern State, Valdosta State, and Texas State out of HS (I'm only a sophomore in college) and I went to a very small, very sparsely recruited high school so that's a big reason why the big schools didnt pay too much attention to me. I played running back, linebacker, kicker, punter, kick return, punt return, and a "Wildcat" formation quarterback in HS so one of those is going to be my position of choice, Running Back will probably be my best fit. I know I can atleast make LSU as a walk-on special teams player, and I know I can make the VooDoo.

I've been playing Rugby Union and American Football at a club level weekly (including LSU Rugby) so my fitness is great too and I'm all revved up for some game action.

Opinions?
kepp your amateur status, and go try for LSU, failing that try for voodoo

also, why not just play league?

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
montalo said:
celticfan1888 said:
So, since I've decided I'm bored with soccer (I have the urge to hit people), I got back into weight lifting my specs now are 5'10" 240 lbs, 4.6 40-yard dash, Bench 425, Squat 640. I want to start playing american football at a competitive level again, the question is, should I A) Try-out for the LSU football team as a walk-on in the spring or B) Try-out for the New Orleans VooDoo arena football team? A) would probably be preferred, but with B) I can get paid while I'm in school (albeit $400 a week).

I had scholarship offers from Southeastern Louisiana, Northwestern State, Valdosta State, and Texas State out of HS (I'm only a sophomore in college) and I went to a very small, very sparsely recruited high school so that's a big reason why the big schools didnt pay too much attention to me. I played running back, linebacker, kicker, punter, kick return, punt return, and a "Wildcat" formation quarterback in HS so one of those is going to be my position of choice, Running Back will probably be my best fit. I know I can atleast make LSU as a walk-on special teams player, and I know I can make the VooDoo.

I've been playing Rugby Union and American Football at a club level weekly (including LSU Rugby) so my fitness is great too and I'm all revved up for some game action.

Opinions?
kepp your amateur status, and go try for LSU, failing that try for voodoo

also, why not just play league?
I guess I can keep my amateur status, but I like $$$. I need a good reason why I shouldn't take the money bc college football is prestigious, but money buys me nice things. It's such a tough decision.

I don't play Rugby League bc A) There isn't a League club anywhere near me, 2) I much prefer Union TBH I really don't care for League. lol

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
celticfan1888 said:

Opinions?
Ever thought about the minor pro leagues, or playing in another country?  :)

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
biro said:
celticfan1888 said:

Opinions?
lol, no. Thing is, I'm good enough for atleast AFL.  :)

primuspilus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
A displaced Southerner in the Godless North
Website
www.saintgregorythetheologian.org
celticfan1888 said:
biro said:
celticfan1888 said:

Opinions?
There's always the Canadian Football League

PP

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
primuspilus said:
celticfan1888 said:
biro said:
celticfan1888 said:

Opinions?

PP
CFL pays better than AFL, but I want to stay in school while I'm getting paid.  :p

Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Asteriktos said:
^ You don't speak Canadian?  ???

I want to keep going to LSU, understand...eh?  :p
Yeah, make sure you get that degree: one never knows how long a sports career will last. One injury can end it all.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Pour la bière ou pas à la bière, ce n'est pas une question. C'est noble de manger des sushis que de trouver des calmars sur le fond de votre chaussure. Et c'est la raison pour mes trois chats mètres de haut appelé araignée.

Reaction score
Was I wrong to ask my boyfriend to stop playing his video game for a few minutes to wash the dishes so I could take a break from making one dish after another for tomorrow's Christmas feast?

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
deum-quaerens.blogspot.com
HandmaidenofGod said:
Was I wrong to ask my boyfriend to stop playing his video game for a few minutes to wash the dishes so I could take a break from making one dish after another for tomorrow's Christmas feast?
Christmas is in December.

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
primuspilus said:
celticfan1888 said:
biro said:
celticfan1888 said:

Opinions?

PP
CFL pays better than AFL, but I want to stay in school while I'm getting paid.  :p
hey, u of t is much better than LSU

Reaction score
Aindriú said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
Really? We're going to start that argument here?

My parish is Old Calendar. Our celebration of the Nativity is tomorrow.

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
HandmaidenofGod said:
Aindriú said:
HandmaidenofGod said:

LOL, it was a joke.

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Aindriú said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
Aindriú said:
HandmaidenofGod said:

LOL, it was a joke.
ha, i figured it was as such. but then again, you are correct. However, you neglect to mention that today is 24 DEC

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
montalo said:
Aindriú said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
Aindriú said:
HandmaidenofGod said:

LOL, it was a joke.
ha, i figured it was as such. but then again, you are correct. However, you neglect to mention that today is 24 DEC
HAHAHA! touche'

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
montalo said:
celticfan1888 said:
primuspilus said:
celticfan1888 said:
biro said:
celticfan1888 said:

Opinions?

PP

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
montalo said:
celticfan1888 said:
primuspilus said:
celticfan1888 said:
biro said:
celticfan1888 said:

Opinions?

PP
u of t is ranked 23. i dont see lsWHO on that list
http://www.usnews.com/education/worlds-best-universities-rankings/top-400-universities-in-the-world