Random Postings

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Justin Kissel said:
Chiere said:
Okay, let's try this again. Last time my fingers must have hit the wrong button or something.

How is everyone today
Just had my eyes examined, and ordered contact lenses for the first time, and now my vision is sensitive to light, and blurry, but otherwise I'm darn-tootin good.  8)
What?  Are you saying that future pics of you are going to show you glassesless? I'm not sure I will recognize you.  :p
Probably impossible! Let's us do a test. Pick out the Justin and win a prize.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I have ruled out the bottom one as you are not old enough to have a white beard yet.  The other three look the same, so I conclude that you are playing a trick on me and have posted your photo three times in an effort to embarass me in front of all my oc.net friends.  Well, it won't work. NOT THIS TIME!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Daily Tidbit of Wisdom #204: Count it a blessing if you are straight but getting attention from people who are the same gender as you; your options for Friday night just doubled.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Daily Tidbit of Wisdom #204: Count it a blessing if you are straight but getting attention from people who are the same gender as you; your options for Friday night just doubled.
Although, one of the two of you are destined for disappointment if said option is accepted.  That being said, how you doin' baby?  :-*

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Just because you aren't gay that doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself. :eek:

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Just finished a post throwing most of the board under the bus and a mod locked the thread. Oh well.

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Just finished a post throwing most of the board under the bus and a mod locked the thread. Oh well.
Fate is a stern mistress.  ;)

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
I've been curious why this forum, with its thorough rule system, doesn't have a rule against trolling. I realize Random Postings is not the place to find an answer.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Because half the forum would get banned.

Also, trolling is a very subjective term.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:

Somebody was just saying -- well maybe it was a week ago -- that he comes here to troll. On the other hand, I think you make quite a wise observation. Forums that ban "trolling" end up seeming pretty unable to distinguish what that is and usually pull out the moderation when they sense emotions in a thread to run high.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I know there are complaints about the behavior of posters and moderators responses, but I thinks the mods here do a great job and considering the wide range of views here, the posters are remarkably good at not crossing the line. IMHO, anyways.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
TheTrisagion said:

Somebody was just saying -- well maybe it was a week ago -- that he comes here to troll. On the other hand, I think you make quite a wise observation. Forums that ban "trolling" end up seeming pretty unable to distinguish what that is and usually pull out the moderation when they sense emotions in a thread to run high.
It's best to not give any reaction.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
kelly said:
Porter ODoran said:
TheTrisagion said:

It's best to not give any reaction.
Well, that's no fun!

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
I know there are complaints about the behavior of posters and moderators responses, but I thinks the mods here do a great job and considering the wide range of views here, the posters are remarkably good at not crossing the line. IMHO, anyways.
Posters are great -- let's all give ourselves a pat on the back -- but one or two folks are patently consistently posting to draw fire.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
In another forum I was active on, most arguments devolved into spamming goatse pics. I'll take a few tame trolls over that any day.  :p

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
You know, I hate to say this, guys, but based on recent statements some of you have really, really regrettable experiences on the internet.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I've spent a large portion of my life online, so I was bound to come across some unusual individuals. I also was t a practicing Christian that whole time, so that doesn't help things.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Don't apologize! You didn't make those corners of the internet. Just glad my experiences have been, comparatively, lovely.

Things don't have to be that way, tho, nor is it necessary to put up with it.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Well, this and a few miniature wargaming forums are my last holdouts. I've moved away from the other, less savory ones. This is by far my most active forum. I like the people here the best

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
Playing thread resurrection.

Bored tonight justin?
Oh not at all! Some threads are just too important to die. It is my ministry to you people here to help in this regard.  8)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Daily Tidbit of Wisdom #205: To improve your cuddling techniques, try taking naps on the couch.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Daily Tidbit of Wisdom #206: Cotton mittens do little to hide clumsy minds. Practice practice practice until the issue is resolved to her satisfaction.

Chiere

High Elder
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Is this a guessing contest or something as to which photos is really him?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Chiere said:
Is this a guessing contest or something as to which photos is really him?
Unfortunately Trisagion already guessed correctly. Oh well, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Daily Tidbit of Wisdom #207: There is no shame in using a safeword to stop a conversation if continuing it would lead to irreparable psychological trauma.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Daily Tidbit of Wisdom #207: There is no shame in using a safeword to stop a conversation if continuing it would lead to irreparable psychological trauma.
UNSUBSCRIBED!!!

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
I find it easier to just not talk to people.

Why take the risk...need to set up a safe word..etc..

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
For all you fans and non-fans of English royalty out there: Prince William and Kate are expecting another baby. Woo-hoo!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29108010

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Babies are always welcome news, royal or not. ;D

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
In another forum I was active on, most arguments devolved into spamming goatse pics. I'll take a few tame trolls over that any day.  :p
??? ??? ???

(I know what goatsie is but...why?  Why, why, why?)

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Stop means stop.