Random Postings

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
36
Location
Omaha
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
GOATSE!!!  That takes me way back...
Those were some rip roaring times better left in the past.  :p
Rip is right.





Some people look stuff up when they don't know what others are talking about.  Well, ignorance is bliss.  Just don't do it. 

You're welcome.
 

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
5,541
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Agabus said:
Justin Kissel said:
Daily Tidbit of Wisdom #207: There is no shame in using a safeword to stop a conversation if continuing it would lead to irreparable psychological trauma.
Stop means stop.
You're assuming people are rational and mean what they say.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,212
Reaction score
90
Points
48
Age
41
Agabus said:
Justin Kissel said:
Daily Tidbit of Wisdom #207: There is no shame in using a safeword to stop a conversation if continuing it would lead to irreparable psychological trauma.
Stop means stop.
In my world 'stop' means 'let us start dinner,' 'wait' means 'this is cool sledding,' and 'no more' means 'pass the ketchup.' Just a plain 'no' does mean 'no,' however. For example, 'No, I am not ok with my mother-in-law staying here for an entire week while she is on vacation.'
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,212
Reaction score
90
Points
48
Age
41
Daily Tidbit of Wisdom #208: Don't just plan things in your life, but also plan your planning sessions, and if necessary plan your planning of the planning sessions, and so on. Don't worry about overplanning, life is plans built on plans all the way down.
 

genesisone

Archon
Joined
Aug 20, 2005
Messages
2,906
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
68
Location
Niagara Region, Ontario
Justin Kissel said:
Daily Tidbit of Wisdom #208: Don't just plan things in your life, but also plan your planning sessions, and if necessary plan your planning of the planning sessions, and so on. Don't worry about overplanning, life is plans built on plans all the way down.
Sounds like a plan.
 

Adela

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So, our army choppers got lost in Poland and had to land in a field and ask for directions.  And, the mayor said
“We know that security is the most important thing right now,” Kowalkowska said. “But thank God it was the Americans.”    It''s been a long time since someone has said that!!!  :)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-10/u-s-army-choppers-land-in-polish-fields-to-seek-guidance.html
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
Adela said:
So, our army choppers got lost in Poland and had to land in a field and ask for directions.  And, the mayor said
“We know that security is the most important thing right now,” Kowalkowska said. “But thank God it was the Americans.”    It''s been a long time since someone has said that!!!  :)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-10/u-s-army-choppers-land-in-polish-fields-to-seek-guidance.html
Americans always seem much more cuddly when Russia goes on the move.  :p
 

Agabus

Taxiarches
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
6,324
Reaction score
3
Points
0
This image is 100 percent real.



I suspect it will inspire even more laughs than God's Not Dead's depictions of atheists.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
Alas, I did not believe you and went to search for myself if such a thing could be true.

Oh dear, I weep for the fate of humanity.
 

Fabio Leite

Protokentarchos
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
4,790
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Brazil
Website
vidaortodoxa.blogspot.com.br
Oh! It's a dating site!

If that goes well we can wait for "Facebook: The Movie - They wanted to give away their private information for free - and they did it!" or "Twitter!", winner of Cannes short movies festival.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
Wasn't there already Facebook the movie?

EDIT: It was called something else, but yep, already done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Social_Network
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,212
Reaction score
90
Points
48
Age
41
[quote author=Nephi]
Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Chalcedonian
[/quote]

What manner of ecumenical devilry is this!?!?
 

Nephi

Protokentarchos
Joined
Apr 18, 2011
Messages
4,829
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
29
Justin Kissel said:
[quote author=Nephi]
Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Chalcedonian
What manner of ecumenical devilry is this!?!?
[/quote]

The kind with one foot in the Bosphorus and one leg in the Nile. 8)
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
Nephi said:
Justin Kissel said:
[quote author=Nephi]
Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Chalcedonian
What manner of ecumenical devilry is this!?!?
The kind with one foot in the Bosphorus and one leg in the Nile. 8)
[/quote]
What are you doing, peeing on Cyprus?
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a problem. I'm thinking of going to a barber shop. Last time was something like five years go. I know basically how I want my hair to look like but can't describe it verbally and it seems pathetic and/or gay to walk into a barber shop with a picture of some male hair model.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
Alpo said:
I have a problem. I'm thinking of going to a barber shop. Last time was something like five years go. I now basically how I want my hair to look like but can't describe it verbally and it seems pathetic and/or gay to walk into a barber shop with a picture of some male hair model.
#firstworldproblems
 

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Joined
May 8, 2014
Messages
12,135
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Age
48
Location
Eugene, OR
Alpo said:
I have a problem. I'm thinking of going to a barber shop. Last time was something like five years go. I know basically how I want my hair to look like but can't describe it verbally and it seems pathetic and/or gay to walk into a barber shop with a picture of some male hair model.
That's right. You're gay.
 

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
6,804
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
49
In other first world problems...

I have to pick a work service anniversary gift, from a catalog of things i really don't need.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
DeniseDenise said:
In other first world problems...

I have to pick a work service anniversary gift, from a catalog of things i really don't need.
In those situations, I pick a random thing and then throw it on my desk with the rest of the clutter that I never get around to dealing with. I just found a clock on my desk the other day. It doesn't work, but it does have shiny gold trim on it, so that is something, I guess.
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Porter ODoran said:
Alpo said:
I have a problem. I'm thinking of going to a barber shop. Last time was something like five years go. I know basically how I want my hair to look like but can't describe it verbally and it seems pathetic and/or gay to walk into a barber shop with a picture of some male hair model.
That's right. You're gay.
Watch your language, young man! I'm not a Swede after all.

 

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
6,804
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
49
TheTrisagion said:
DeniseDenise said:
In other first world problems...

I have to pick a work service anniversary gift, from a catalog of things i really don't need.
In those situations, I pick a random thing and then throw it on my desk with the rest of the clutter that I never get around to dealing with. I just found a clock on my desk the other day. It doesn't work, but it does have shiny gold trim on it, so that is something, I guess.
That is the basic idea......i was thinking a vase for the desk...so i can still not buy myself flowers for it.
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
DeniseDenise said:
TheTrisagion said:
DeniseDenise said:
In other first world problems...

I have to pick a work service anniversary gift, from a catalog of things i really don't need.
In those situations, I pick a random thing and then throw it on my desk with the rest of the clutter that I never get around to dealing with. I just found a clock on my desk the other day. It doesn't work, but it does have shiny gold trim on it, so that is something, I guess.
That is the basic idea......i was thinking a vase for the desk...so i can still not buy myself flowers for it.
That's the manliest idea that I've heard for a while.
 

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
6,804
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
49
Alpo said:
DeniseDenise said:
TheTrisagion said:
DeniseDenise said:
In other first world problems...

I have to pick a work service anniversary gift, from a catalog of things i really don't need.
In those situations, I pick a random thing and then throw it on my desk with the rest of the clutter that I never get around to dealing with. I just found a clock on my desk the other day. It doesn't work, but it does have shiny gold trim on it, so that is something, I guess.
That is the basic idea......i was thinking a vase for the desk...so i can still not buy myself flowers for it.
That's the manliest idea that I've heard for a while.
thanks...



i think
 

Agabus

Taxiarches
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
6,324
Reaction score
3
Points
0
Alpo said:
I have a problem. I'm thinking of going to a barber shop. Last time was something like five years go. I know basically how I want my hair to look like but can't describe it verbally and it seems pathetic and/or gay to walk into a barber shop with a picture of some male hair model.
Just do it yourself.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,212
Reaction score
90
Points
48
Age
41
Alpo said:
I have a problem. I'm thinking of going to a barber shop. Last time was something like five years go. I know basically how I want my hair to look like but can't describe it verbally and it seems pathetic and/or gay to walk into a barber shop with a picture of some male hair model.
Just tell them you want "the Soul Glo look," they'll fix you right up!

 

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Joined
May 8, 2014
Messages
12,135
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Age
48
Location
Eugene, OR
Mirabile visu! All this time right under our noses -- well, down a side street, in a building looking abandoned -- was an Indian imports store. They have everything imaginable, from spices to freezers full of meats to prepared foods to clothing. Of course I immediately got a tin of gulab jamun and a couple of boxes of freezer samosas (yes, I'm predictably American), but we'll be back soon to get other things.
 

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
36,163
Reaction score
35
Points
48
Age
39
Location
New York!
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Porter ODoran said:
Mirabile visu! All this time right under our noses -- well, down a side street, in a building looking abandoned -- was an Indian imports store. They have everything imaginable, from spices to freezers full of meats to prepared foods to clothing. Of course I immediately got a tin of gulab jamun and a couple of boxes of freezer samosas (yes, I'm predictably American), but we'll be back soon to get other things.
This is an indication of God's deep and abiding love for you.
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,215
Reaction score
31
Points
48
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-29170371

Sad event happened last night. Someone set fire to an animal shelter in Manchester, England, killing dozens of dogs.

Many people have since come out to donate food, blankets and other supplies.
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Yay! There will be a seminar on Indian Orthodoxy here on next monday. Some Indian metropolitan ( Geevarghese Mor Ephrem Coorilosis) will be talking about historical and contemporary Orthodoxy.
 

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Alpo said:
I have a problem. I'm thinking of going to a barber shop. Last time was something like five years go. I know basically how I want my hair to look like but can't describe it verbally and it seems pathetic and/or gay to walk into a barber shop with a picture of some male hair model.
I suppose you could always pretend you're a tourist and don't speak the language. Gesture a lot and show the photo.

Or you could just show the photo and no one will think anything of it. :p
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
ZealousZeal said:
I suppose you could always pretend you're a tourist and don't speak the language. Gesture a lot and show the photo.
There's now way I could pull that through. I look basically like a dictionary definition of a Finn.

Or you could just show the photo and no one will think anything of it. :p
That's awfully boring option. It's a lot more fun to make a huge fuss over nothing.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,212
Reaction score
90
Points
48
Age
41
Daily Tidbit of Wisdom #210: It is good to do kind things for others. However, sometimes in the process of doing something kind you can make another person look like a jerk.
 

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
17,823
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Age
40
Location
PA, USA
There has seldom been a week that I have been more ready for it to end than this one.
 

Chiere

High Elder
Post Moderated
Joined
Sep 3, 2014
Messages
712
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
31
Alpo said:
Porter ODoran said:
Alpo said:
I have a problem. I'm thinking of going to a barber shop. Last time was something like five years go. I know basically how I want my hair to look like but can't describe it verbally and it seems pathetic and/or gay to walk into a barber shop with a picture of some male hair model.
That's right. You're gay.
Watch your language, young man! I'm not a Swede after all.

I thought calling people things like "gay" would be forbidden here.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,212
Reaction score
90
Points
48
Age
41
Daily Tidbit of Wisdom #211: Worried because you makes assumptions, have biases, and use circular reasoning? Don't let it bother you, we all do this, it's called thinking.
 
Top