Random Postings

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
FountainPen said:
orthonorm said:
biro said:
primuspilus said:
In other news, I am officially old. I found a 4 inch long gray hair in my ear......thanks geritol!

PP
The first time I saw a gray hair, I thought the hairbrush was broken.  :)
You don't want to know what *I* thought might be broken when I say my first gray hair.
You read more like Pasadi every day.
Thanks.  That will go straight to his head!

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
deum-quaerens.blogspot.com
vamrat said:
FountainPen said:
orthonorm said:
biro said:
primuspilus said:
In other news, I am officially old. I found a 4 inch long gray hair in my ear......thanks geritol!

PP
You don't want to know what *I* thought might be broken when I say my first gray hair.
so to speak

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Aindriú said:
vamrat said:
FountainPen said:
orthonorm said:
biro said:
primuspilus said:

PP
so to speak
Nice!

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Today in Omaha we have had sunshine, light rain, snow, snow with sunshine, and now sunshine sans snow again.  At one point I looked out the window at my desk and is was snowing pretty heavily.  I got up and went to the bathroom and the sun was shining out the back window.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
vamrat said:
Today in Omaha we have had sunshine, light rain, snow, snow with sunshine, and now sunshine sans snow again.  At one point I looked out the window at my desk and is was snowing pretty heavily.  I got up and went to the bathroom and the sun was shining out the back window.
Similar here.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Aindriú said:
Today we had overcast clouds at 6 to 7K ft with reported icing at 10K. A little bit of crosswind, but not as bad as yesterday's.
Almost clicked on your blog link . . . then I remembered. Laughed. Clicked. Then laughed some more.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Aindriú said:
Why is Epic Sax Guy so EPIC?!
No lie. My head is killing ATM.

I read:

Why is Epic Gay Sex so EPIC?!
The first time I read what you wrote.

Perhaps the pain is allowing my subconscious to finally fly its freak flag . . .

ironchapman

High Elder
Reaction score
So, a university transit bus caught fire and exploded on campus yesterday. No one hurt. Only casualty was my faith in the campus transit system.

A couple of videos (a little NSFW language--people are really surprised)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDlZbTyM-3M

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyXmVw_mvVo (about 1:30 will get you close to the explosions)

It was one of our newer natural gas buses. If it had been diesel, it could have really been a problem. Diesel would have been like a bomb going off.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And now for something completely different.

Holy Saturday this year coincides with the centennial anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:

Holy Saturday this year coincides with the centennial anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.
How does this happen upon your radar?

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:

The Western Good Friday this year is the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Shiloh.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
PeterTheAleut said:

How does this happen upon your radar?
A newspaper article I read recently about Halifax, Nova Scotia, one of the main receiving points for passengers of the ship, both dead and alive, after it went down...

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went on a college tour yesterday and I passed a stack of gorgeous red paperback books titled The Veil. Some anonymous student wrote and designed her own novel, way cool. I picked it up and read it. First line: 'Twenty days by horse, it will take her fifteen on foot.' I laughed so hard the book fell from my hands into a urinal.

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ironchapman said:
So, a university transit bus caught fire and exploded on campus yesterday. No one hurt. Only casualty was my faith in the campus transit system.

A couple of videos (a little NSFW language--people are really surprised)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDlZbTyM-3M

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyXmVw_mvVo (about 1:30 will get you close to the explosions)

It was one of our newer natural gas buses. If it had been diesel, it could have really been a problem. Diesel would have been like a bomb going off.
Yeah, no fooling...vehicle fires are a big deal. The fire department that I am currently serving with is spending all their time on structural firefighting, but the vehicle fires are more numerous and have the potential of explosions like we see ....and much, much worse.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Aindriú said:
Why is Epic Sax Guy so EPIC?!
No lie. My head is killing ATM.

I read:

Why is Epic Gay Sex so EPIC?!
The first time I read what you wrote.

Perhaps the pain is allowing my subconscious to finally fly its freak flag . . .
:laugh: Oh dear...