• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

littlepilgrim64

High Elder
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
TheMathematician said:
this makes me want to roast a pig

Me too . . . now I have a hankering for pork roast!

Thought I'd share - This is one of THE best recipes for pork roast and SO easy to make.
http://americastestkitchen.tumblr.com/post/3326978548/slow-cooker-week-pork-loin-with-cranberries-and-orange

Laird

Elder
Reaction score
biro said:
You go out in a field and point sticks at nothing?

;)
Yep. It's what we do. You guys should try it sometime.

hecma925 said:
You can't really run very far in Bermuda.
True. Some people actually flew out to avoid the hurricane. 'Tis silly.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
methodius said:
" Satan ...was?... a lesbian"
so what is he/she/it now?
He realized that he was really just transgendered, so he underwent a sex change operation and is now living as a man in a healthy hetero relationship. He goes by Lucifer now.

Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
methodius said:
" Satan ...was?... a lesbian"
so what is he/she/it now?
He realized that he was really just transgendered, so he underwent a sex change operation and is now living as a man in a healthy hetero relationship. He goes by Lucifer now.
Clears up thanks  ;D ;D

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
I just ordered a Franken Frappucino...it tastes really Satanic with a whipped creepy topping.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
I just ordered a Franken Frappucino...it tastes really Satanic with a whipped creepy topping.
Praying for you.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
When I'm in Starbucks, that means something is brewing  :p

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
I went to a public sauna yesterday for the first time. It was fairly nice. Thought that this might be a nice alternative for meeting up friends. Instead of going to a café or to a pub I could meet them at a sauna and spend some time naked with them.

After writing that I accidentally dropped some smoky tofu marinade on my trousers, socs and on the carpet. Sometimes I just hate my life. Apparently I aroused the wrath of sauna gnomes by uttering an idea of using holy sauna for a casual social event.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
I've been thinking of going to Washington D.C and New York next year for a few weeks, but I don't know if I should.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
methodius said:
you could always follow Apostolic precedent - [Ac.1:26] and 'cast lots.'
Well, I've never been one to gamble.

I've always wanted to see what Americans are like, but I've never been one to travel. But since my university offers a sponsered journey to the New World I'm tempted to try it.

But some things are holding me back. I wouldn't know what to without cognac or a good beer for a few days, let alone a few weeks. Rumour has it that the food over in the states is horrible, so that's not really motivating either. Having to be in a plane for 10-12 hours isn't very nice either.

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
methodius said:

I've always wanted to see what Americans are like, but I've never been one to travel. But since my university offers a sponsered journey to the New World I'm tempted to try it.

But some things are holding me back. I wouldn't know what to without cognac or a good beer for a few days, let alone a few weeks. Rumour has it that the food over in the states is horrible, so that's not really motivating either. Having to be in a plane for 10-12 hours isn't very nice either.
Are you kidding? New York and DC are as cosmopolitan as they come. You won't have a lack of good food or good beer (the American craft brew scene is as good as anything in Europe).

As for long plane trips, they aren't that bad, and I would think it's a small price to pay (especially if your university is actually paying).

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Having to be in a plane for 10-12 hours isn't very nice either.
Unless you are going via about 4 connections, the flight time is a max of 8 hours my friend. 

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
If I was forced to choose between DC or NYC....yeah, NYC, no question.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Jonathan Gress said:
Cyrillic said:
methodius said:

Are you kidding? New York and DC are as cosmopolitan as they come. You won't have a lack of good food or good beer (the American craft brew scene is as good as anything in Europe).

As for long plane trips, they aren't that bad, and I would think it's a small price to pay (especially if your university is actually paying).
How would I be able to buy it without faking my ID?

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
You won't.  But think of it this way. You can visit now and both see America AND have something to whine about until you are 76 (oh I was in that barbarian place once, I couldn't even have beer)

Or you could risk never getting to go.  Or worse, visiting after you are 21 and thus having a rather boring visit and thinking kinder of America than one should.  :laugh:

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
I've been thinking of going to Washington D.C and New York next year for a few weeks, but I don't know if I should.
Washington D.C. is where the Obama is. New York is where the ROCOR is.  :police:

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Cyrillic said:
Washington D.C. is where the Obama is. New York is where the ROCOR is.  :police:
Are you telling me that I should consider going to Boston instead?  :)

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Alpo said:
Cyrillic said:
Are you telling me that I should consider going to Boston instead?  :)
I'm saying you should follow your conscience. We all know this little affair with the Netherlands but it's fairly obvious that your heart belongs to ROCOR.

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
if it helps, the Dutch colonized downstate(NYC)

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
If you go to NYC, Mor Ephrem can buy you all the beer you want. If you go to DC, Marc can lecture you on Met. Jonah to your hearts content. Your choice.  ;)

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
TheTrisagion said:
If you go to NYC, Mor Ephrem can buy you all the beer you want. If you go to DC, Marc can lecture you on Met. Jonah to your hearts content. Your choice.  ;)
If the choice isn't clear to Cyrillic, he deserves to go to DC.   

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Decide to run a meth lab?

don't own a dog, or at least not one who actually tracks....

http://us.cnn.com/2014/11/01/us/alabama-dog-drug-bust/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
so i took a NYS regent from 2010 in US history and got a 97 on it.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
Decide to run a meth lab?

don't own a dog, or at least not one who actually tracks....

http://us.cnn.com/2014/11/01/us/alabama-dog-drug-bust/index.html?hpt=hp_t4
That's one think Heisenberg didn't have for sure.  Really shows how accurate the show is  :p (just kidding)

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
TheTrisagion said:
If the choice isn't clear to Cyrillic, he deserves to go to DC.   
In America, we eat Dutch babies, too.