Random Postings

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Fabio Leite said:
biro said:
Justin Kissel said:
Request: could some mad scientist please replace spiders with non-living, tree-top, robot versions of spiders that fulfill the same positive role in nature, thus paving the way for the complete extermination of real spiders? Thanks!
I concur.
On the way:

http://www.gizmag.com/t8x-tarantula-robot/29775/

Robugtix has been hard at work fulfilling orders for its T8 tarantula robot that debuted earlier this year, as well as showing off its lifelike motion engine in a new video. Now the company has also announced a much cheaper version of the robot called the T8X which can be pre-ordered for a fraction of the cost of the original.
Even spiders are losing their jobs to robots  :p

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Antonious Nikolas said:
Who says?
Oh, I can just hear the "sanctity of marriage" arguments now. "Oh, sure, those two robots may be sentient, but what's next? Three robots? Five? Toasters marrying microwaves? When will it end??"

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
For now it seems that I'm going to get interesting new tasks at job but also lots of new opportunities to screw up everything on a pretty massive scale. Sometimes I think that I should have gone to a vocational school instead of a university like my childhood friends did. Their lives seem a lot simpler than mine.

methodius

Elder
Reaction score
I guess we're all in trouble then. It's the first thing my barber looks for when I sit down...........

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Oh, I can just hear the "sanctity of marriage" arguments now. "Oh, sure, those two robots may be sentient, but what's next? Three robots? Five? Toasters marrying microwaves? When will it end??"
You don't wanna know.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm sick. I woke up with a sore throat feeling as if I swallowed a cactus, and my sinuses feel horrible, giving me that droopy, blistering headache. Nothing a little NyQuil won't fix.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Unfortunately I'm sick. I woke up with a sore throat feeling as if I swallowed a cactus, and my sinuses feel horrible, giving me that droopy, blistering headache. Nothing a little NyQuil won't fix.
I have been feeling that way all week. I think kelly sent me an internet virus and got me sick .

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Meh, and I've had a headache for two days and felt nauseous off and on... maybe oc.net is doing this!? Curse you oc.net, and your twisted Dostoevskian ideas about suffering leading to redemption! :eek:

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Does anyone else see different colors in with their left and right eyes?  When I look out of my left eye, everything has a warmer light to it and when I look out of my right eye, it has a cooler light to it. It has been like this for as long as I can remember, but I was thinking the other day, I wonder if since my two eyes perceive color differently, other people's vision could be substantially different from one another.

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Seeing a job at my alma mater i reeeeeeeeeaaaaallllllllllllyyyyyyyyy want to apply for, and it is in the field of education, but not teaching teaching. That being said, i'll take it in a heartbeat to move home.

methodius

Elder
Reaction score
'teaching teaching'?
try teaching spelling........, yes rrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaallllyyyyyyyy

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Know won kneads two teach spelling, thats why they're spell chicks that look four mistakes sew we do knot have two, witch is nice and a reel time saver. Something wood have to bee whey off fore it not too pic up the mistakes.

Fabio Leite

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
vidaortodoxa.blogspot.com.br
Magazine-loving chimps chill "reading".

The group of chimpazees in the sanctuary in Sorocaba, SP developed a taste for "reading" pictures-filled magazines. They get the magazines with their food and some start "reading" immediatelly and others take it to their homes to check the pictures calmly with their breakfast.

http://g1.globo.com/sao-paulo/sorocaba-jundiai/noticia/2014/11/chimpanzes-leem-revistas-e-curtem-aposentadoria-em-sorocaba.html

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Know won kneads two teach spelling, thats why they're spell chicks that look four mistakes sew we do knot have two, witch is nice and a reel time saver. Something wood have to bee whey off fore it not too pic up the mistakes.
You misspelled "thyme"  ;) :D

Tyfoontje

Reaction score
I'm wondering what happened with Orthodox Circle (the site), whether it will function again and when...  :(

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Tyfoontje said:
I'm wondering what happened with Orthodox Circle (the site), whether it will function again and when...  :(
It's there but not working properly for me, and only partly functional, which I assume is what you are also experiencing? I'm not sure of the reason either way though ...

Tyfoontje

Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Tyfoontje said:
It's there but not working properly for me, and only partly functional, which I assume is what you are also experiencing? I'm not sure of the reason either way though ...
I miss this place, as I found there people who live real Orthodox Christian life.
And by the way, I saw you have signed up... in the feed one still can see the old posts or the new members. ;)
So, welcome! Wish we could discuss things there as well.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
ironchapman said:
Facebook has been suggesting that I join groups dedicated to Lord RayEl. Not sure what to think about that.
lol, I've seen his page. He is so far off the deep end, he's coming back around the other direction.

Minnesotan

Archon
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
ironchapman said:
Facebook has been suggesting that I join groups dedicated to Lord RayEl. Not sure what to think about that.
lol, I've seen his page. He is so far off the deep end, he's coming back around the other direction.
There's even a football player, Adam Muema, who is devoted to him.

Muema turned down a chance to be in the NFL, a decision one "Cardinal Richard Ruff"--another RayElian--claims was predicted in the Bible by a series of coded messages.

Raël, RayEl, "Corky" Ra, it's hard to tell all those guys apart!

Minnesotan

Archon
Reaction score
By the way has anyone heard of amightywind? It's another example of a kooky online cult, one which apparently is known for harassing others.

The reason I know about it is because when I wrote a Christmas song and posted it onto YouTube, an awful lot of the "suggested videos" were really dodgy ones from cults, conspiracy theorists, and fundamentalists claiming that Christmas was satanic or un-Christian. One of them was by amightywind. Another was from the "No Greater Joy Ministries" of Michael and Debi Pearl, who advocate child abuse practices that led to the deaths of several children and also claim that wife-beating is just what men do.

Why, oh why, must you pick on me, O YouTube?

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Minnesotan said:
By the way has anyone heard of amightywind? It's another example of a kooky online cult, one which apparently is known for harassing others.

The reason I know about it is because when I wrote a Christmas song and posted it onto YouTube, an awful lot of the "suggested videos" were really dodgy ones from cults, conspiracy theorists, and fundamentalists claiming that Christmas was satanic or un-Christian. One of them was by amightywind. Another was from the "No Greater Joy Ministries" of Michael and Debi Pearl, who advocate child abuse practices that led to the deaths of several children and also claim that wife-beating is just what men do.

Why, oh why, must you pick on me, O YouTube?
Kitten videos are much better.  :)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Minnesotan said:
:angel: Sorry, only "A Mighty Wind" I know is this movie...